Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 11:29 AM

19,049 posts, read 13,964,273 times

Advertisements

Bratton will not allow the city to burn. My past comments regarding deBlasio were because I figured him for picking some progressive darling to run the PD, like the lesbian Chinese midget in San Fran.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2013, 11:40 AM

15,854 posts, read 14,479,382 times
Here's the thing. Kelly was the Dinkins era retread. But he kept going what Giuliani and Bratton put together.

Bratton, under G, lowered the boom. I'm just hoping, but consider it unlikely, that Bla won't tell Bratton to back off, and only use Bratton for show.

And at some point, I have a feeling that the Crown Heights Hasidic community is going to bug out en mass for Orange County, or something like that. Brooklyn is starting to get too crowded for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
Lots of glee from the hood now.

Guess its Dinkins Time again

Wouldnt want to be a white jew in crown heights.

Old 12-05-2013, 11:42 AM

15,854 posts, read 14,479,382 times
Back in the 90's Bratton ran with the attitude the Giuliani laid down. Bla's attitude is much different.

I happy that Bratton is his choice, but I'm waiting to see what they actually do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Bratton will not allow the city to burn. My past comments regarding deBlasio were because I figured him for picking some progressive darling to run the PD, like the lesbian Chinese midget in San Fran.

Old 12-05-2013, 11:54 AM

5,000 posts, read 8,216,281 times
Quote:

Haha...

Old 12-05-2013, 12:06 PM

19,049 posts, read 13,964,273 times
Imagine THIS running the NYPD:

The projects would be on fire on day one. They'd be laughing at the cops.

Old 12-05-2013, 12:18 PM

141 posts, read 306,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
Lots of glee from the hood now.

Guess its Dinkins Time again

Wouldnt want to be a white jew in crown heights.
Something is seriously wrong with you.

Old 12-05-2013, 12:21 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,404,247 times
this thread is beginning to spiral downward already?

Old 12-05-2013, 12:22 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,815,274 times
Quote:
Imagine THIS running the NYPD:

The projects would be on fire on day one. They'd be laughing at the cops.

She stood around looking confused for a few years, and now enjoys a $280,000 annual pension.

Old 12-05-2013, 12:38 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,377,113 times
I understand Bratton's history..and for those who don't, before you comment be sure to read up on him. I will give him a fair shake and see what his strategies are...I suspect community/local policing will be at the forefront, and much less of an emphasis on frisking anyone who dares come outside.

The big news though..is Ray Kelly is GONE..off to cash in on his "fame" as did Giuliani. He will become another Giuliani talking head on anything and everything NYC unfortunately...so he is gone but will keep coming back from time to time offering his "expert" opinion on this and that. And lastly, we should all be thankful he had no offer to become a federal appointee and spread his Gestapo tactics to the rest of the country....crisis averted!

Old 12-05-2013, 12:42 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,975,910 times
Well, put it like this.

I really do think De Blasio is serious about ending the stop and frisk targetting people who have done nothing.

Since he is married to a Black woman and the father of her kids, the poverty pimps will have a much harder time accusing him of racism. So in terms of going after criminals, a combo of De Blasio and Bratton may actually be able to do things Bloomberg and Kelly couldn't get away with. I think some things Bloomberg would have done he didn't do because he was a white billionaire and too vulnerable to political attack.

I've heard some former de Blasio supports now claim that he used his "rented Black family" out to get the votes of the poor. LOL

But to me this makes de Blasio a MASTER politician. The man is good.

He campaigned to the poor, who are the majority of people in NYC (and for that matter non whites are the majority). But he realizes wealthy people must feel safe, as if money fled NYC you'd have a disaster worse than Detroit. To me that signals he's the kind of mayor who tries to balance the concerns of all his constituents. And this puts out a signal before he is sworn in that he will not tolerate crime, so thugs on the street should not be overjoyed with Bloomberg/Kelly leaving.

I think we may find some more pleasant surprises from de Blasio.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City