Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 10:28 AM

2,228 posts, read 3,689,104 times

Advertisements

Analysis: NYC 2000 to 2010 demographic change, Look in the Bronx section.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2013, 11:29 AM

770 posts, read 1,131,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
The big problem at night is the MORLOCKS.
Now that is funny! (Leaving now in my Time Machine....)

Old 09-09-2021, 03:47 PM

215 posts, read 200,396 times
Default riverdale racist?

i lived there for 14 years. i am of argentinian extraction. i felt uncomfortable when older folk were very nice to me in the building but ignored me out on the sidewalk. i felt as if i were a foreigner in someone else's territiory. the russian and israeli immigrants were much more friendly than Orthodox Jews. if you are extremely straight-laced looking, you will be tolerated or even borderline welcomed. would i recommend it. no. why don't you try white plains, larchmont, tarrytown, or englewood, new jersey, where there are younger and/or more progressive folk who are not stuck in their apartments all winter and all night long because they are afraid to venture out? i think it's pretty depressing, unless, of course, you really don't want to live around anyone neighborly, except for the occasional person.

Old 09-09-2021, 03:50 PM

locust pointe (locust valley) or even scarsdale it ain't. it's the bron-ix!!

Old 09-09-2021, 03:52 PM

or a Jew who is Anti-Zionist!

Old 09-10-2021, 09:45 AM

6,684 posts, read 6,029,446 times
Riverdale is composed of a bunch of snobs who don't like to remember they're located in da' Bronx. God forbid if you write down on an envelope, "Bronx, NY" instead of "Riverdale, NY." But racist, I don't think so. If you can live there, do it. The only negative is the commute into Manhattan by subway - good luck with that!

Old 09-11-2021, 09:57 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,580,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muggz494 View Post
omg at the reverse racism. How about all you dolts and dullards stay out of riverdale and locust point? If you think the residents might be racist, why would you look to move there? Riverdale isn't even all white; have you been there or you looking to move to an area blind like so many other stunted c/d posters. You make me me sick.

I'm thinking of moving to hunt's point but i heard the prostitutes are racist. What do you all think?

I'm thinking of moving to morrisania but i heard everyone there is on welfare and lives in the projects and might possibly be racist. What do you all think?

Do*chebag!
lol.

Old 09-12-2021, 04:28 AM

16,035 posts, read 6,840,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwood Boy View Post
Why would Riverdale be racist? Your making that assumption because the area is majority Caucasian? I'm thinking of moving to East NY, are the blacks and latinos racist?
Touche........................

New York City is the 4th most segregated city in the United States.
Does not make New York City a racist place to live.....
Most People for the most part cling to each other out of skin color,
culture and ethnicity. Nothing wrong with that. Your life. Your choices.
Those who do not and prefer to mix, live in the smaller enclaves peppered
with a variety of faces.

Moving on up ......
The more affluent have shed skin color ,culture and ethnicity and
have replaced it with the color of money in order to cling to each other.
So if you got money , and want to move to a place with money, doesn't
matter what others who live there think. They got money too.

So it boils down to this....
If you are moving into a place worrying about racism; money or not...then don't.
If you hear of a place. Visit the place. Shop in the stores. Sit down for a meal. Feel the vibe.
Move to a place where you feel comfortable and can afford.
and if you do, then go for it................

Last edited by Mr.Retired; 09-12-2021 at 04:37 AM..

Old 03-17-2022, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Riverdale is composed of a bunch of snobs who don't like to remember they're located in da' Bronx. God forbid if you write down on an envelope, "Bronx, NY" instead of "Riverdale, NY." But racist, I don't think so. If you can live there, do it. The only negative is the commute into Manhattan by subway - good luck with that!
exactly. you might as well live in westport, ct., tarrytown, or larchmont. same or less time to commute into manhattan and fresher air.

Old 03-17-2022, 09:58 AM

31,904 posts, read 26,961,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
BxM1 bus runs from Manhattan to Riverdale....

https://new.mta.info/sites/default/f...06/bxm1cur.pdf

So does BxM2....

https://new.mta.info/document/7216
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City