Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 09:34 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,530,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
I don't feel sorry for him at all. Kids with major politicians as their parents end up going to the universities of their choice and have their careers of their choice. Look at Chelsea Clinton, the Bush twins, Giuliani's son (who went to Duke while Giuliani's daughter went to Harvard, etc.). Dante's old sister Chiara's at Berkeley.

I am not sorry for him in terms of thinking that he will have a hard life. He certainly wouldn't now that he is a celeb. he will go to where he wishes even with mediocre grades, and not because his daddy is mayor either. More like being used as a recruiting tool. At least until he messes up and loses his glow.

Sorry is more about the fact that he can no longer be a normal boy, and I am not sure if people really thought through all of this. I am sure that the Obama kids have their tantrums, but we will never know because they are hidden.

Dante...different story. Even his sister will not have the paparazzi hounding her to the same degree, as for some reason, she doesn't have the star appeal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2014, 10:15 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,957,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
I am not sorry for him in terms of thinking that he will have a hard life. He certainly wouldn't now that he is a celeb. he will go to where he wishes even with mediocre grades, and not because his daddy is mayor either. More like being used as a recruiting tool. At least until he messes up and loses his glow.

Sorry is more about the fact that he can no longer be a normal boy, and I am not sure if people really thought through all of this. I am sure that the Obama kids have their tantrums, but we will never know because they are hidden.

Dante...different story. Even his sister will not have the paparazzi hounding her to the same degree, as for some reason, she doesn't have the star appeal.
He's a privileged kid with a wonderful life ahead of him. Who needs being a normal boy?

Especially in NYC, being a normal boy is the least of your concern.

And I doubt he can mess things unless he does something really bad. Again, look at the Giuliani kids and the Bush kids.

Old 01-05-2014, 10:23 AM

7,643 posts, read 6,471,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Repped. I agree with you here. I'd rep you twice if the system allowed it.

And besides, Chiara looks perfectly fine there is nothing wrong with her looks. Haters have to hate.
Chiara isn't bad looking. Dante's fro just means that the 70s are coming back with crime, crappy economy, bad city government, and all

Old 01-05-2014, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
Chiara isn't bad looking. Dante's fro just means that the 70s are coming back with crime, crappy economy, bad city government, and all
Fros existed long before the 1970s and long before you had cities like NYC. One has nothing to do with the other. Your comments are just plain LAME, LAME, LAME.

Old 01-05-2014, 10:53 AM

buzz it!

Old 01-05-2014, 11:03 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,102,524 times
IMO the media should leave the children of politicians alone. Let them be kids and grow up like other kids without the media hounding them.

That being said I think De Blasio likes this attention on his kids. The media hoopla over Dante's fro during the primary and election campaigns prevented the media from digging into his Marxist past.

I also think that the De Blasio kids could dress a bit more conservatively at official events. Chiara wearing a dunce cap and Dante wearing jeans and a sweatshirt to their father's swearing in ceremony is a bit classless.

Old 01-05-2014, 11:14 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,023,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
People like Dante more than they like Bill. The recent Dante issue came because kids were facebooking Dante to tell his father to give a snow day. The media will jump on it because they are starFers. Face it minus Dante there would not be Mayor de Blasio.
I disagree 100%.

Yes, having a multi-cultural family did help DeBlasio, but I didn't vote for him, because of his kids. I knew DeBlasio's history with helping the "other New York" for awhile. Bill may be "new" to some New Yorkers, but he wasn't to me.

Also, his campaign specifically targeted EVERYONE Bloomberg ignored or helped put into financial devastation. He was in touch with the people who counted and every last one of them HATED Bloomberg with a passion. Quinn "might" have won if Bloomberg didn't back her. Anyone associated or liked by Bloomberg was an immediate thumbs down, because he's such a disgusting individual.

I like Bill, Dante, Chiara and his wife. Chiara is not ugly. She's a cutie and it took her a long time to get involved in her father's campaign, because she did not want to go through all these nasty critiques like what was written here.

I also agree with the poster that as Bill settles into his role as mayor, the questions about Dante will cease.

Hopefully, he'll grow dreads and have the press go crazy! LOL!

Last edited by marilyn220; 01-05-2014 at 11:25 AM..

Old 01-05-2014, 11:16 AM

The fro was a goldmine for De Blasio. His dad won't let him dread that. Its a vote bank!

Old 01-05-2014, 11:22 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,023,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
The fro was a goldmine for De Blasio. His dad won't let him dread that. Its a vote bank!
Too funny! I do love his fro though. I wish he could grow it bigger, but I think he'd look adorable with some dreads too.

Old 01-05-2014, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
I also think that the De Blasio kids could dress a bit more conservatively at official events. Chiara wearing a dunce cap and Dante wearing jeans and a sweatshirt to their father's swearing in ceremony is a bit classless.
That's exactly the point.

De Blasio's base was the other NYC, working class people who can't afford the nicest clothes. So this is one thing de Blasio got RIGHT.

Even in certain companies, people don't do suits quite like the used too. Informality's become a lot more common.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City