Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 08:33 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,738,244 times

Advertisements

I just think it's so funny how Dante became the "star" of the family! He's a cute kid, with his Afro and seemingly quiet personality.

With the blizzard happening between last night and this morning, the news was talking about his tweets with a friend about talking Bill into closing the schools and Bill letting everyone know that Dante helped with the snow shoveling this morning.

With all this attention being heaped on him already, I'm kind of wondering if there is going to soon be a line of "Dante" ethnic hair care products?

With the daughter (Chiara?), I'm sure she's going to either be writing a book about her fight with addiction OR maybe heading some organization to help young women with substance abuse issues. I think that would be great! People may criticize her for being a drinker/drug user, but you know what? MILLIONS of other girls her age do the same thing! At least she got help and is no longer using drugs or alcohol. She came forward with it to the media before some slime ball decided to sell their story about her! I would love to see her use the fact that she's the Mayor's daughter to help others and I think she will!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2014, 08:55 PM

3 posts, read 4,989 times
Welcome to the United States' means of "Media & Communication." So far, the de Blasio family have tried to maintain their political image from the start (Chiara's "secret" outing was good) and they seem to have started well. Granted, it has only been close to seventy-two hours, this family has played politics well enough thus far. Get ready for the next headlines having to "Keeping up with the de Blasio family." I look forward to see how this whole Political theater plays out--simply for the curiosity of public life projection and "management" done by most contemporary politicians and media, it gets quite entertaining at times. Dante de Blasio may or may not learn the ropes to the chariot of "public personalities." Let's see what happens. Especially considering how often the public (those "in favor or against" the authority figures) gets involve and voices their opinions albeit quite ignorant at times

Old 01-03-2014, 09:24 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,738,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Ghost View Post
Welcome to the United States' means of "Media & Communication." So far, the de Blasio family have tried to maintain their political image from the start (Chiara's "secret" outing was good) and they seem to have started well. Granted, it has only been close to seventy-two hours, this family has played politics well enough thus far. Get ready for the next headlines having to "Keeping up with the de Blasio family." I look forward to see how this whole Political theater plays out--simply for the curiosity of public life projection and "management" done by most contemporary politicians and media, it gets quite entertaining at times. Dante de Blasio may or may not learn the ropes to the chariot of "public personalities." Let's see what happens. Especially considering how often the public (those "in favor or against" the authority figures) gets involve and voices their opinions albeit quite ignorant at times

It wasn't a "secret". She revealed her substance abuse issues before some slime bag would try to come forward and "sell" his/her story to the media about Chiara getting drunk/high. She's a teenaged girl, growing up in NYC ---- how many girls her age are experimenting with drugs and alcohol? A LOT. She said it was her way of battling her bouts of depression --- which also happens to A LOT of girls her age and younger! I do hope she will help others at this point, though.

If Dante's popularity continues, I would bet they will hire a PR person for him and a 'trainer' so-to-speak so he will know how to handle whatever publicity he gets. He seems like a very quiet and unassuming guy so he may even decide to shun the publicity and remain low-key.

Okay, Bill is only 3 days into "Mayorhood" --- let's let him do his job!

Old 01-04-2014, 12:01 AM

3,244 posts, read 5,248,414 times
There should be NO media coverage of the mayor's children at all. I know that Dante was a cute portion of his Dad's successful campaign, but now it's time for him & his sister to resume their studies and live normal private lives. Can't the media be satisfied with Chirlane McCray as First Lady? NYC hasn't had one since Giuliani ran off on Donna Hanover.
We never saw Bloomberg's kids. Andrew Giuliani had his moments, but eventually faded from the public eye. I don't even know if Dinkins had children.

Old 01-04-2014, 12:13 AM

5,452 posts, read 11,262,713 times
De Blasio family will make the cover of Rolling Stone!

It's stupid for a mayor to bring his family in to the spotlight. But a well planned move to win over as much hearts as possible. At worst all this media attention can trigger Chiara's substance abuse again. Bill is the mayor not his wife, Dante or Chiara.

Last edited by Northwindsforever; 01-04-2014 at 12:37 AM..

Old 01-04-2014, 12:20 AM

3,244 posts, read 5,248,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
De Blasio family will make the cover of Rolling Stone!
Let's hope they don't get a reality TV show. The kids will both wind up in rehab.
Smartest of Ozzie's kids, was the one who refused to participate.

Old 01-04-2014, 01:22 AM

19,076 posts, read 14,017,666 times
He's preparing the kids for their biggest role: obsfucating his first scandal. Nonsense like this is how politicians keep us all in the dark so easily. While the truth is swiftly wiping us away, all everyone cares about is an Afro and those puke-inducing ear hoops.

Old 01-04-2014, 02:53 AM

I'm just trying to focus on Bill and his political career. Not this silly sideshow. He's been in office only for a few days and as expected the media attention is huge with everything related to Bill, especially with the weather chaos. Hopefully the gossip media frenzy circus will loose interest. But they are always out there preying and hoping for a scandal. Just like his opponents. But it's also up to him how far he is willing to expose his family.

Old 01-04-2014, 02:54 AM

929 posts, read 1,661,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake54 View Post
There should be NO media coverage of the mayor's children at all. I know that Dante was a cute portion of his Dad's successful campaign, but now it's time for him & his sister to resume their studies and live normal private lives.
The genie doesn't go back into the bottle.

And the media went after Rudy by saying that his kids hated him and printing quotes from them.

Old 01-04-2014, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
I just think it's so funny how Dante became the "star" of the family! He's a cute kid, with his Afro and seemingly quiet personality.

With the blizzard happening between last night and this morning, the news was talking about his tweets with a friend about talking Bill into closing the schools and Bill letting everyone know that Dante helped with the snow shoveling this morning.

With all this attention being heaped on him already, I'm kind of wondering if there is going to soon be a line of "Dante" ethnic hair care products?

With the daughter (Chiara?), I'm sure she's going to either be writing a book about her fight with addiction OR maybe heading some organization to help young women with substance abuse issues. I think that would be great! People may criticize her for being a drinker/drug user, but you know what? MILLIONS of other girls her age do the same thing! At least she got help and is no longer using drugs or alcohol. She came forward with it to the media before some slime ball decided to sell their story about her! I would love to see her use the fact that she's the Mayor's daughter to help others and I think she will!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City