Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 12:23 AM

11 posts, read 10,605 times

Advertisements

And if you are a mod, thank you for not locking my thread. I expected it to get locked immediately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2014, 12:25 AM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dscape View Post
And if you are a mod, thank you for not locking my thread. I expected it to get locked immediately.
I'm one of the cooler mods. How's Endicott?

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 02-20-2014, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
I'm one of the cooler mods. How's Endicott?
Even though I've been aware of city-data for a long time this is my first time registering.
I know Endicott is a city in kentucky, and I like to drink kentucky bourbon ... so ... uhh ... my bourbon tastes great!

Seriously though. Western NY is not Upstate NY. That's the only point I am trying to make.
We respect NYC.

Old 02-20-2014, 12:36 AM

We have a medical and energy industry building here. We can work together and take back our state without any secession.

Old 02-20-2014, 01:08 AM

Well I wasn't trying to step on anyone's testicles but it needed to be said.
Good night NYC.

Old 02-20-2014, 01:11 AM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
Quote:
Even though I've been aware of city-data for a long time this is my first time registering.
I know Endicott is a city in kentucky, and I like to drink kentucky bourbon ... so ... uhh ... my bourbon tastes great!

Seriously though. Western NY is not Upstate NY. That's the only point I am trying to make.
We respect NYC.
I was talking about Endicott, NY. I've never been but I have family there....good night

Isn't that Western NY??? No wonder....

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 02-20-2014, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Isn't that Western NY??? No wonder....
No, nothing east of rochester is part of western ny. neither politically nor economically. only NYC bags everything above themselves into one piece.

Toodles.

Old 02-20-2014, 09:01 AM

943 posts, read 1,198,778 times
It would be good to split New York State up. I hate having to correct people when I say New York, it's the City, not the State. Let Massachusetts, Connecticut, and New Jersey take their pick of it.

Old 02-20-2014, 10:18 AM

5,521 posts, read 8,773,454 times
Tension between big cities that dominate a state and the rest of that state is NOT a phenomena unique to New York. It happens nationwide: Philly vs the rest of Pennsylvania, Chicago vs downstate Illinois, Atlanta vs the rest of Georgia, St. Louis vs the rest of Missouri, ... and so on and so on. This isn't true with every big city, but its true in a lot of them because of the historical rural/urban divide. Bankers, manufacturers, and ports have way different economic priorities than small town merchants, farmers and rachers. So what plays out isn't "disrespect" between NYC and the rest of the state (including its other cities) but economics. Nothing makes a fight so mean as when a lot of money is at stake.

Old 02-20-2014, 10:32 AM

158 posts, read 303,986 times
Quote:
#1. I like NYC
#2. I am not trying to be arrogant or disrespectful
#3. Everyone outside of NYC is not a teabagger
#3.1. Hardly anyone outside of NYC but inside NY is a teabagger
#3.2. If you want to pass state legislation, don't you think it would be wise not to consider everyone outside of NYC but inside NY a redneck?

Please don't insult my intelligence by denying point #3.2. It's common knowledge for many many many many decades. The "New Amsterdam" crap is quite similar to the rust belt's idea of the "Great Lakes State" crap. If you actually considered yourself a city instead of a state, you might have more sway in the NY State Senate. But you don't. You consider yourself equivalent to God. Thus nothing hardly ever passes the Republican Senate even though 2 or 3 of the most populous CITIES in the STATE of New York make up the most populous areas in the State.

But you don't care about that. You have Wall Street and such so who cares, right? hatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehate

NEWS FLASH, NYC; Republicans in the NY Senate obstruct you, and Liberals outside of NYC but inside NY support them. And Cuomo is 100% aware of it, and you are binding his hands tight.

SHOW SOME RESPECT

Sincerely,
Western NY
Online trolls are psychopaths and sadists, psychologists claim - News - Gadgets & Tech - The Independent
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City