Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2008, 05:50 AM

65 posts, read 139,888 times

Advertisements

Hey congrats to everyone making it in the 1st class...If anyone else on here is in the same boat as me with a list number in the 1000-1600 hopefully we will be part of the next couple orientations.
If anyone is working on getting thier cdl permit like me..I wanted to repost a great site that SurfinSan posted a couple weeks ago. Theres a bunch of practice tests for you to take.
Welcome To Crist CDL's Online Testing Center

Old 06-10-2008, 08:16 AM

77 posts, read 142,832 times
This waiting for a call is killing me...If anyone gets a call try to find out what they are going up to....

Old 06-10-2008, 08:24 AM

128 posts, read 224,837 times
2. questions.....
do we list off the book jobs or not ...
and last week i got pull3ed over for a bull**** speeding ticket on staten island causse the cops out here got nothing better to do.....im not convicted yet...but do i mention it....

Old 06-10-2008, 08:26 AM

502 posts, read 1,009,135 times
I just got the call now.....I'm so relieved. I have to be there June 18th. at 8:00 a.m. I tried my best to find out how high they are going on the list, they said again they don't know. So I asked again in a different way to try to sound different, no luck. She emphasised to fill out the 20 page booklet with every school I've ever went to, ever, every job I've ever worked at on the books. Not off the books. I told her I wrote off the books jobs already and she said it's ok.....I'm list number 133 and it's the second day of calls, so if we have to figure they call less than 50 a day, because they said there would be calls throughout the week. So let's hope they get to the guys a little higher here......

Old 06-10-2008, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salsan View Post
I just got the call now.....I'm so relieved. I have to be there June 18th. at 8:00 a.m. I tried my best to find out how high they are going on the list, they said again they don't know. So I asked again in a different way to try to sound different, no luck. She emphasised to fill out the 20 page booklet with every school I've ever went to, ever, every job I've ever worked at on the books. Not off the books. I told her I wrote off the books jobs already and she said it's ok.....I'm list number 133 and it's the second day of calls, so if we have to figure they call less than 50 a day, because they said there would be calls throughout the week. So let's hope they get to the guys a little higher here......

congrats sal we got the ball rolling this is good to hear....you just answered one of my questions...

Old 06-10-2008, 08:32 AM

77 posts, read 142,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vituccio13 View Post
2. questions.....
and last week i got pull3ed over for a bull**** speeding ticket on staten island causse the cops out here got nothing better to do.....im not convicted yet...but do i mention it....
I would call and ask.....I had gotten a summons a few years back and I cant find a record of it and they told me I didn't need to put...................Congrats Sal....

Old 06-10-2008, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickg1521 View Post
I would call and ask.....Congrats Sal....

yea true...its that 646 number righ...thanks nick

Old 06-10-2008, 08:35 AM

48 posts, read 100,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salsan View Post
Congrats Salsan, my information with regards to the calls was a little delayed, but better late then never.......once again congrats, all the best !!

How is your father doing ?

Old 06-10-2008, 08:44 AM

1,809 posts, read 7,062,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vituccio13 View Post
2. questions.....
That sucks man,probably had to meet their monthly quotas. All it takes is to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. Since you haven't been convicted yet fight the ticket,might get thrown out. How fast were you going when they pulled you over?

Old 06-10-2008, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantastic10 View Post
That sucks man,probably had to meet their monthly quotas. All it takes is to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. Since you haven't been convicted yet fight the ticket,might get thrown out. How fast were you going when they pulled you over?

i was doing a 45 in a 30 but i was flowing w traffic.....there real aholes on this dump....123 precinct too...how would i possibly fight it....im jut gonna pay it she said as long as its not pending your ok ....i just got off the phone with HR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City