Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2008, 07:44 PM

143 posts, read 332,207 times

Advertisements

Sorry, they..."appointed"... 250 -new San workers on Nov 29th (I guess resulting from last "2" classes)

Old 02-20-2008, 10:30 PM

502 posts, read 1,009,135 times
The bottom line is this...We can talk all we want about when this is all going to happen, but the truth is we will only know when it happens. As soon as I hear something......(List #131) I'll write it here.....

Old 02-21-2008, 05:17 AM

300 posts, read 659,378 times
I only got the medical form filled out because i work downtown manhattan and i stopped by and i grabbed everything i needed... I had the form filled out same day and took the permit tests the next day, just to make sure i wouldn't be screwed "IF" i did need the form ..

To be honest i really dont mind when they call , i'm making so much overtime in my current job that i wouldnt want to leave yet .. LOL But when DSNY calls , they call..

Old 02-21-2008, 02:42 PM

74 posts, read 280,640 times
Breaking News Out Of Bk12.......uwonthelottery And Turkeytuesday Is The Same Person!!!! I Knew I Would Figure It Out Lol Columbia Memberships Ask For The Bk12 Wreckerman. Free The Gambino's!!!!!!!!

Old 02-21-2008, 03:14 PM

2 posts, read 4,941 times
Wreckerman, WHAT Is The Columbia Association... I Know Its A Brotherhood For Italian Workers Of The Dsny, But Any Other Info,benefits Of Being A Member?.. And If I Am Called To Work For Dsny What Do I Do To Become A Member? Thanks

Old 02-21-2008, 05:09 PM

1,809 posts, read 7,062,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atumminello View Post
Wreckerman, WHAT Is The Columbia Association... I Know Its A Brotherhood For Italian Workers Of The Dsny, But Any Other Info,benefits Of Being A Member?.. And If I Am Called To Work For Dsny What Do I Do To Become A Member? Thanks
index Looks like the biggest association to me.

Here are a few more:

DSNY Emerald Society

On a side note I took my first driving lessons today on a school bus,the hardest part were doing the 5 air brake tests,the instructor told me that they only give you like 15 minutes I didn't know that,for those considering training on a school bus for your CDL-B,the pre trip on the outside of the bus is from the top front,passenger side and to the back of the bus. You don't have to pop the hood up,you do have to take a quick look under the engine to make sure there are no leaks. Always start from the top towards the bottom. The cab inspection was easy,control panel,gauges,horn,etc.

He told me to study the air brake tests. It is different from reading the dmv manual than actually doing the tests,my road test appt is on March 17th and my last lesson will be 2 hrs before my road test. The driving is the easy part,did a straight line backing,didn't do a parellel park or go on the highway,have 8 more lessons to go.

I was driving slow,25 mph,had tractor trailers passing me on Franklin Avenue in Greenpoint,lol..I know for a fact that they take points off on the road test for impeding traffic,I should be going a little under the speed limit. One thing is certain that nobody wants to drive behind a large vehicle,sanitation truck,etc....they will do anything to get around you....I learned that today.

The inside rearview mirror on my training bus was cracked on one side,asked the instructor what happened and he told me one of his students while standing up slammed his head into the mirror,lol. Pre-trip,Pre-trip,Pre-trip,that is what you have to work on the most,the rest is fairly easy. The more you practice the easier it gets.

Old 02-21-2008, 08:13 PM

502 posts, read 1,009,135 times
Vantastic, where are you training? Is it expensive?

Old 02-21-2008, 09:53 PM

38 posts, read 106,188 times
you can buy memberships to all the societies for 10 dollars.they are good to meet people and kiss alot of ass at the meetings
Quote:
Originally Posted by atumminello View Post

Old 02-22-2008, 12:41 PM

1 posts, read 2,158 times
i've got a list number of 2178. i already took the physical, so i wonder how long it'll take to get a call.

Old 02-22-2008, 02:41 PM

93 posts, read 177,426 times
Just received an eligible list number change notice from DCAS that the new list is effective as of 2/17/08. Wondering if anyone else received anything
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City