Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2014, 11:05 AM

1,019 posts, read 1,641,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
Well, since you're in NJ, it's a non-issue. Just stay where you are. If you're THAT concerned, go back to the Midwest
I'd love to and I invite all other lovers of a good quality of life to do so

When I can, I'm moving to a state with productive citizens. Less illegals, welfare moochers, lower taxes, individual liberty etc. NJ/NY are cesspools and even you productive liberals will eventually feel the pinch.

Friday's economic report indicated that 20% of the job creation came out of Texas. All of their state policies are opposite of De blasio & Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2014, 12:26 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,028,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwesterns45 View Post

When I can, I'm moving to a state with productive citizens. Less illegals, welfare moochers, lower taxes, individual liberty etc. NJ/NY are cesspools and even you productive liberals will eventually feel the pinch.

Friday's economic report indicated that 20% of the job creation came out of Texas. All of their state policies are opposite of De blasio & Obama.
Why don't you go to THEIR forum and sing their praises.

No one in NEW YORK CITY cares what Texas is doing. It's still an ugly, hot, barren place where many of the people are stuck in a freaking time warp.

If I get pregnant and want to have an abortion, I don't want to have to hop over to California to get it done without waiting several weeks to do so and getting charged with a felony.

There is no medicaid expansion in the state. They are BACKWARDS and THIRD WORLD.

You wouldn't like it there anyway as the place is overrun with illegals from Mexico that can't speak english.

Old 03-09-2014, 04:27 AM
jw2

2,028 posts, read 3,266,415 times
Quote:

Oops: The Texas Miracle That Isn’t by Phillip Longman | The Washington Monthly

Old 03-09-2014, 05:42 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,975,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Why don't you go to THEIR forum and sing their praises.

No one in NEW YORK CITY cares what Texas is doing. It's still an ugly, hot, barren place where many of the people are stuck in a freaking time warp.

If I get pregnant and want to have an abortion, I don't want to have to hop over to California to get it done without waiting several weeks to do so and getting charged with a felony.

There is no medicaid expansion in the state. They are BACKWARDS and THIRD WORLD.

You wouldn't like it there anyway as the place is overrun with illegals from Mexico that can't speak english.
Whites are only 45% of the population in Texas these days, if you add all the non white kids together. Since anyone born here is an US citizen, in about 10 years or so when the US born children of these kids are old enough to vote, you'll politically see a very different Texas.

People forget Cali was right wing, until demographics change killed all that. Demographics change got rid of the Giuliani/Bloomberg era in NYC, and at least as far as the President goes, demographics change turn Florida blue (twice they voted for Obama).

Old 03-09-2014, 05:54 AM

19,049 posts, read 13,964,273 times
Quote:

Right there with you! But the Midwest is a little too far for me because of family. I have friends in Iowa and friends/family in Colorado (I lived in Colorado for a bit), love both states, but we're looking down south now. Let the libs have the northeast; it is too far gone to fight for at this point. The south fits my idea of how things should be much better than NY or any other blue state, even though I'm a staunch atheist.

Old 03-09-2014, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Right there with you! But the Midwest is a little too far for me because of family. I have friends in Iowa and friends/family in Colorado (I lived in Colorado for a bit), love both states, but we're looking down south now. Let the libs have the northeast; it is too far gone to fight for at this point. The south fits my idea of how things should be much better than NY or any other blue state, even though I'm a staunch atheist.
The problem with that is you may have to move again. Virginia and Florida have voted twice for Obama, and North Carolina voted for Obama once. Demographic change in the form of immigration is changing the South. Texas is only 45% white, and the Democrats are already planning on capturing Texas. California was reliably Republican until the 90s, since them it has gone Democratic due to demographic change.

Demographic change is what got rid of the Giuliani/Bloomberg era and ushered in the de Blasio era. Why do think there's the push towards the legalization of illegals in an election year? The Democrats would like to speed up their getting new voters. But if the Republicans vote no, don't worry, as under the current regime all they have to do is wait till more US born children are old enough to vote. Either way they win.

Old 03-09-2014, 06:55 AM

I'm moving to a hick state. The fancy southern states, especially Florida, offer no appeal to me. I'll be in Tennessee for vacation again in a few weeks. Can't wait to breath me some southern air!

Old 03-09-2014, 07:06 AM

7,296 posts, read 11,864,950 times
Out there in the Work and Employment forum, there are a couple of Tennessee residents who can't wait to escape due to lack of career prospects.

And Texas cities are coming from a lower base which explains the growth rate. When it comes to high salaries and sheer number of large, medium and small sized businesses no other city in America beats NYC.

Old 03-09-2014, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I'm moving to a hick state. The fancy southern states, especially Florida, offer no appeal to me. I'll be in Tennessee for vacation again in a few weeks. Can't wait to breath me some southern air!
Even they have a rapidly growing rate of immigrants. You'll see Mexicans and Central Americans in the smallest towns of Mississippi, and in enough years that will have political impact.

As the South fractures, of course this will have big political consequences on the federal government. When all is said and done, there is absolutely no escaping change. It's inevitable, for better or worse.

Old 03-09-2014, 01:23 PM

You act as if liberalism is inevitable. Take a look a the political map again sometime. Most of the country is SOLID, deep, dark blood red. The lack of population density allows the urban centers in some states to control the rest of the people. Take Colorado for example which just recently flipped. Outside of the I-25 corridor, that state is as red as the stripes on my flag, but more than half of the population lives along that liberal corridor.

I believe we're going to see a fundamental change in the way states conduct their internal matters. "Home rule" movements will become more popular (along with secession attempts) as liberal urban centers wield their tightening grip upon the rest of the states' people. Places like upstate NY will only take some much forced liberalism from cities like NYC which control the state government and refuse to recognize how different the two regions are.

You're also going to see more of what is happening in CT right now and very soon in NY: red rural areas ignoring the liberal edicts coming from blue cities. CT just made 100,000+ of its citizens felons and they don't seem to be giving in. NY will follow on April 15th...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City