Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 01:23 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,094,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Eliminating the horse drawn carriages frees up valuable stable space for developers. Let's be honest here. This isn't about whether or not the carriage industry is humane, this is about somebody profiting over land deals.
I can believe this. Money talks. Seabiscuit walks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2014, 02:03 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,715,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
Where in Central Park? There is car/bus traffic through areas of Central Park and the walkways aren't wide enough to support pedestrian traffic and horse carriage traffic (not to mention, who is going to clean up the poop on the walkways?)
Wait...wait for it....there already are bridle trails in Central Park. Who would have imagined that??? Oh, that's right...the men who designed Central Park 150 some odd years ago. AND they were in use up until a few short years ago. Know why they aren't used? Because people have gotten in the way and driven equestrians off them.

There is a difference between a bridle path and a walkway. If DeBlasio and Bratton can have the NYPD ticketing people for using parks after closing, have them ticket those who aren't riding horses on the bridle paths. The proceeds could be used to further expand the bridle paths.

As for the roadside apples, you've never seen poop bags?

Old 03-10-2014, 02:16 PM

2,440 posts, read 6,258,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMSS View Post
Just the fact that you're calling him "dear leader" says a lot about you and your ability to be mislead by propaganda.
I am calling him Dear Leader to irritate the poster, who cannot bear that anyone would criticize him.

How about His Highness, is that better?

Old 03-10-2014, 02:26 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,623,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubygreta View Post
I am calling him Dear Leader to irritate the poster, who cannot bear that anyone would criticize him.

How about His Highness, is that better?
No. What's better is for you to go on with your day and your life and realize you can't do anything about the past elections. We all endure leaders we are not fond of and we all get by. This apocalyptic attitude of your's is a waste of time and not healthy.

Old 03-10-2014, 03:30 PM

19,042 posts, read 13,959,968 times
It is depressing, even after all of these years, to see fellow citizens deride others for being concerned and active in politics merely because their opinions differ. No complaints are going to make me shut up. If you don't like what I have to say, exercise your right and ability to ignore it.

Old 03-10-2014, 03:39 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,623,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
It is depressing, even after all of these years, to see fellow citizens deride others for being concerned and active in politics merely because their opinions differ. No complaints are going to make me shut up. If you don't like what I have to say, exercise your right and ability to ignore it.
People can be active. It doesn't give them the right to make *&*# up.

Old 03-10-2014, 04:26 PM

2,894 posts, read 5,906,363 times
I fully support getting rid of these carriages.
Without going into the argument of how these horse are treated, I don't want to drive or bike through horse sh1t. And I don't wanna smell it either.
These carriages cause a lot of unnecessary traffic too.
So yea get rid of these carriages.
Let the tourists get on a pedicab, a pair of bike rentals or just confine these carriages to a small section of central park.
And while you're at it, demand the horse owners pick up their horse sh1t.

Last edited by likeminas; 03-10-2014 at 04:34 PM..

Old 03-10-2014, 04:37 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,250,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrk321 View Post
Really? You can't believe it? Did you not read at least ONE article on his platform while he was running for office? The Mayor's stance on horse drawn carriages isn't exactly new so enough with the pearl clutching. I don't agree with the Mayor on everything and I've loved and ridden horses all my life but there is no way you're going to convince me that they belong on the streets of NYC. And if Liam was standing in front of me, I'd tell him the same thing. Why is he coming out now all of a sudden? Perhaps because he has a movie to promote? Whether I agree with DeBlasio or not, he's doing what he said he was going to do. Gotta give him credit for that.
As a responsible horse enthusiast i hope you also understand that if a horse breaks a leg it's off to the slaughterhouse. There's not going to be any nursing home upstate. Those 4 long limbs are everything to these type of animals. No time for flowers and funeral arrangements.

That's reality.

Last edited by Northwindsforever; 03-10-2014 at 04:49 PM..

Old 03-10-2014, 04:46 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,943,866 times
you dont need horse drawn carriages anymore because you have citibike, and the carriages pulled by humans on bikes. Actually I have not seen those in a while, I think citibike put them out of business to?

Old 03-10-2014, 05:13 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,375,776 times
So DeBlasio has been in office 2 months and according to rubygreta "he can't take criticism".....how she knows this is mind boggling considering there is no evidence to suggest it. Furthermore, rubygreta calls him "Dear Leader" and "Your Highness"...again based on what?

The right wing rhetoric is pathetic...we get it...Rush Limbaugh is your god and would make the perfect Mayor and President of the Universe (so long as he is on those pain killers of course). DeBlasio is 2 months in and even before speaking a word the right wing nuts like rubygreta were shouting the end of the world for NYC...gimme a break.

GET A LIFE!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City