Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2014, 09:18 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,385,093 times

Advertisements

NOTE: nycjowww is a realtor who lives with his parents.. SURPRISE!

Old 03-16-2014, 09:20 AM

6,836 posts, read 15,419,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen5276 View Post
Big difference between packing up and leaving a city to live with family members and packing up to leave and have to find an apartment, job, car etc. You are showing your youth by your posts. You live with your family here, and you are saying you can pack up and live with your family somewhere else. You really think this is comparable to someone having to actually independently establish themselves somewhere new? Believe me, I am trying to relocate WITH NO HELP AND NO FREE RIDE and it's not that simple.
Doesn't matter if I live with my fam. I'm very independent. I work, pay my bills and have my own 2012 car.

Went to Florida, job market sucked, and the real floridians were so miserable that make New Yorkers look like spoiled brats.

Went to Baltimore. Everything closed at sunlight and it took only 2 minutes to be surrounded by ghettos.

I love philly but again stuff close to early.

Only place I want to go to is San Diego. End of story.

Old 03-16-2014, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
NOTE: nycjowww is a realtor. SUPRISE!
Doesn't matter. I'm mostly in school and have took some time off from helping my clients find homes and businesses.

Not going to lie though, I get some really good ratings. I don't do rentals though because I do not want to be in the same stereotype as those crooked rental brokers.

Old 03-16-2014, 09:23 AM

4,294 posts, read 4,433,890 times
SobroGuy is SPOT ON.

I am also a native. Born and raised here since 1969. The party scene has been over for more than a decade ! IMO the only events worth going to anymore are industry related events or private parties. The average joe who goes out to party on a Fri/Sat night will get clobbered financially and have nothing to show for it the next day. Seriously who is partying when the average price of a beer is $9 ? Who is partying when house vodka drinks run you $12 and up ? Who is partying when you need to go outside in 20 degree weather to smoke a cigarette or vape an E-Cig ? Want to light that joint up ? Think Again.

I've been lucky enough to travel out of this god forsaken city and country every two months for the past 12 years and I can tell you the party AIN'T in New York. Buenos Aires , Lima , Tijuana , Medellin all have better party scenes. I guess it depends on what you are looking for but ME I am into debauchery

If you think hanging out with a bunch of transplant douchebags sipping a $10 beer is partying you haven't lived ! I used to go out to night clubs with $30 in my pocket and have a good time. $60 tops if I was buying X.

The music the people the vibe the freedoms are ALL GONE.

Don't feel bad SOBROGUY. I KNOW where you are coming from but you can't tell these "folks" anything because they didn't experience it.

It's gotten so bad here I don't bother to shave anymore I just don't care what these folks think of me. I save that for when I get the F out here.

Old 03-16-2014, 09:24 AM

343 posts, read 1,093,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen5276 View Post
Big difference between packing up and leaving a city to live with family members and packing up to leave and have to find an apartment, job, car etc. You are showing your youth by your posts. You live with your family here, and you are saying you can pack up and live with your family somewhere else. You really think this is comparable to someone having to actually independently establish themselves somewhere new? Believe me, I am trying to relocate WITH NO HELP AND NO FREE RIDE and it's not that simple.
If people hate NYC so much but picking up and moving isn't easy, perhaps they should start threads "how can I start fresh somewhere new" or spend their internet time researching new places to live.

And does it matter how anyone lives their life the point is she was saying she CAN leave if she really wants. Not everyone is fortunate enough to have family they can rely on but she is & those are her circumstances.

Old 03-16-2014, 09:26 AM

CNYC you want your opinion to matter but you used to pop E? lord Jesus it's a fire.

Old 03-16-2014, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
SobroGuy is SPOT ON.

I am also a native. Born and raised here since 1969. The party scene has been over for more than a decade ! IMO the only events worth going to anymore are industry related events or private parties. The average joe who goes out to party on a Fri/Sat night will get clobbered financially and have nothing to show for it the next day. Seriously who is partying when the average price of a beer is $9 ? Who is partying when house vodka drinks run you $12 and up ? Who is partying when you need to go outside in 20 degree weather to smoke a cigarette or vape an E-Cig ? Want to light that joint up ? Think Again.

I've been lucky enough to travel out of this god forsaken city and country every two months for the past 12 years and I can tell you the party AIN'T in New York. Buenos Aires , Lima , Tijuana , Medellin all have better party scenes. I guess it depends on what you are looking for but ME I am into debauchery

If you think hanging out with a bunch of transplant douchebags sipping a $10 beer is partying you haven't lived ! I used to go out to night clubs with $30 in my pocket and have a good time. $60 tops if I was buying X.

The music the people the vibe the freedoms are ALL GONE.

Don't feel bad SOBROGUY. I KNOW where you are coming from but you can't tell these "folks" anything because they didn't experience it.

It's gotten so bad here I don't bother to shave anymore I just don't care what these folks think of me. I save that for when I get the F out here.
You were born in 1969. Hip hop wasn't created then and neither was salsa, merengue played on the streets.

I'm sorry you're old lol

Old 03-16-2014, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
You were born in 1969. Hip hop wasn't created then and neither was salsa, merengue played on the streets.

I'm sorry you're old lol
Don't respond to him he's a former drug addict

Old 03-16-2014, 09:29 AM

4,294 posts, read 4,433,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLove View Post
CNYC you want your opinion to matter but you used to pop E? lord Jesus it's a fire.
I never got into the falling down drunk with scotch/pink martini scene. Sorry to disappoint.

Old 03-16-2014, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
I never got into the falling down drunk with scotch/pink martini scene. Sorry to disappoint.
Oh because I do? Lol simmer down druggie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City