Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2014, 12:40 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,317,052 times

Advertisements

From my past experiences, a long line in NYC moves faster than a short line outside of NYC.

4,294 posts, read 4,429,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I can't rep you, but this post sums up my experience also. I feel like a caged animal 24/7 when within NYC's administrative boundaries. Everything is a hassle. Every trip out of the house is a production. Every decision needs to be planned well in advance to avoid crowds, traffic, construction, "events", etc. All I ever want to do nowadays is DRIVE away. Far, far away.
" Love you man "

7,296 posts, read 11,866,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mc33433 View Post
I also work near WTC.... Where is the new Fairway going to be? That's good news.
Greenwich & Murray.

Old 03-17-2014, 01:08 PM

1,090 posts, read 1,594,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen5276 View Post
Can't help but notice that so many people that I run into on a daily basis seem so unhappy, or neurotic, particularly long time natives. I find it sad.
Yawn...

The only sad thing is your negativity...

Last edited by italianuser; 03-17-2014 at 01:24 PM..

Old 03-17-2014, 01:16 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,412,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by italianuser View Post
Yawn...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin Rodriguez View Post
Actually in certain parts of Queens and Brooklyn they share the same buildings; Jackson Heights, Elmhurst, Astoria, Sunset Park etc. The diversity in those neighborhoods can't be matched anywhere else in the world. My son attended school with over 70 languages spoken. Only in NY.
Yea I use to take the 7 train a lot when I use to work in flushing. That train pretty much sums up the diversity of NYC. By far my favorite train line in the city.

You should visit Toronto and Montreal, the diversity is endless.

Old 03-17-2014, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
I didn't say "agent", I said "magnate". Didn't you post somewhere 20 pages ago or so about after saving up enough while living rent free, you're gonna buy up a bunch of properties or something? I don't care enough to go back and look through the posts...
Yea, I'm saving to own when I graduate. I personally think rental is a ripoff in NYC. Also despite me having excellent credit as a 23 year old, I do not want to live with a landlord over my head.

I have no passion for real estate. I'm only in the opportunity to invest the money I make from it.

But people can judge though. Apparently if you make a few grammar errors on city-data it equates to you having a criminal record.

W.e yawnnnn. I'm always chilling though.

Old 03-17-2014, 01:29 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,217,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
Yea, I'm saving to own when I graduate. I personally think rental is a ripoff in NYC. Also despite me having excellent credit as a 23 year old, I do not want to live with a landlord over my head.

I have no passion for real estate. I'm only in the opportunity to invest the money I make from it.

But people can judge though. Apparently if you make a few grammar errors on city-data it equates to you having a criminal record.

W.e yawnnnn. I'm always chilling though.

Yo tru dat son, as long as you chillin we straight...

Old 03-17-2014, 01:31 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,500,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by italianuser View Post
Yawn...

The only sad thing is your negativity...
What do you come out of the woodwork to just comment on my posts? This is not the first time you have done so. I am stating an opinion and am entitled to do so...why you come after me personally is beyond me. smh. Just will report you from now on.

Old 03-17-2014, 01:32 PM

52 posts, read 64,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen5276 View Post
this is such a great post. I agree with you 100%...and I know exactly how you feel. I actually order my groceries online and have them delivered rather than have to deal with the madness of the stores. Occasionally I will go to the store, but rarely, and then I am in and out as quick as possible.

I avoid a lot myself...and I agree, it's no way to live. If you are not avoiding the crowds, you are avoiding the weather....not a good thing.

I went to Central Park with my boyfriend a few years back on a nice day..it was a Saturday..and it was SOO crowded and uncomfortable...like a twenty minute line to use the bathroom. I didn't enjoy myself. Haven't been in the city on a weekend in ages..I no longer enjoy it. I just stay local. Can't help but notice that so many people that I run into on a daily basis seem so unhappy, or neurotic, particularly long time natives. I find it sad.
That's my biggest issue. Hiding from the cold or having to perfectly time my errands so they don't take hours and the long lines and everyone so pissy because they don't want to be waiting either... I feel soo caged in. Too many ppl everywhere. And like someone else said, I think I just used to not know any better when I thought NYC was so great (aka when I was younger and didn't know about bills and hadn't really been out of the city)

Old 03-17-2014, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
Yo tru dat son, as long as you chillin we straight...
Couldn't agree more. Rep for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City