Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2014, 05:12 PM

75 posts, read 112,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
That's deep-seated.

If you are going to use $50 phrases to supposedly show off how smart you are and how stupid you think others are, at least use all the words correctly or you will be the one who embarrasses yourself!
Auto-correct changed "seated" to "seeded" for me. I am not sure what a $50 phrase is though?

Thanks for stating I am better off thinking for myself though. You've been an amazing help.

Old 04-01-2014, 09:49 PM

2,498 posts, read 3,774,713 times
Havent read through the thread yet but i enjoyed Oslo, Seoul and Madrid and wouldnt mind living there.

Old 04-01-2014, 11:16 PM

277 posts, read 401,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
That's deep-seated.

If you are going to use $50 phrases to supposedly show off how smart you are and how stupid you think others are, at least use all the words correctly or you will be the one who embarrasses yourself!

Now for these types of threads, the story is I've seen them a lot on the LI forum and they NEVER are useful. They are often hidden trolling attempts on the part of the OP ("Let's really bash this place!") instead of real attempts to find another place to live. Even when they are not (I'll give you the benefit of the doubt) they can turn into that. Or they turn into battles of the "Happy Residents" vs. "The Ingrates" which run wild until a mod locks the thread.

What these threads NEVER do is find the OP another place to live. Reason being: it is a very, very long shot that you will find someone that answers a thread on CD that is just like you, has the same type of family as you, and has the same hobbies, interests, weather likes, career needs, likes, dislikes, etc., who will recommend the perfect place for you. It will happen as often as you will win Lotto. So buy a lottery ticket instead.

You are better off thinking and researching on your own and, YES, visiting other CD location forums and asking questions of the current residents of places you are interested in!
The OP has constantly attacked anyone who disagrees with him -- even those who make the most innocuous remarks that conflict with his POV -- through name-calling and personal attacks, insulting their intelligence and literacy (all the while showing questionable traits in these areas himself).

Pretty obvious to me he's either trolling or at least not to be taken seriously.

Old 04-01-2014, 11:33 PM

943 posts, read 1,198,645 times
Washington, District of Columbia.

My second choice... Life is easier without a car in DC than other places such as SoCal.

Old 04-02-2014, 12:32 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,985,179 times
We are having a mass exodus in the past couple of years of New Yorkers moving to Charleston, SC. Mild winters, humid summers, miles of coast line, southern charm, great food, and friendly folks.

Old 04-02-2014, 01:41 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,164,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
I'm with you on the weather thing. The only place that I could think of in the US where I really like the weather most of the year is Santa Fe, NM. I can't tolerate heat/humidity and here in NY I end up staying inside in the A/C a lot of the summer, and trying to avoid being outside or even underground in the subway. I am perfectly ok with the winter weather, although this winter was a bit tough.

I wish the US had climates like the "Eternal Spring" cities of the world.
san diego

Old 04-02-2014, 05:48 AM

5,452 posts, read 11,251,217 times
Heard good things about Stockholm. Although i don't like the idea of monarchy. These royal families like the swedish royal family are just draining taxpayer money and showing their disgusting elitist faces in tabloids. That's their main goal.

San Diego has been mentioned a lot in this thread along with the usual Houston. How about Ventura County, CA? Close to LA County but not too close to those southern LA County crime cradles.

Old 04-02-2014, 07:57 AM

1,347 posts, read 954,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
The truth is, the majority of people who come on here and complain about NYC, and leaving, just can't afford the lifestyle they want (or think they are entitled) to have here. So they make excuses about it being too crowded, the weather, and other crap to justify their rants.
Useless, juvenile posts (and posters like this) REALLY should be deleted by the mods. The reason for this thread is for posters to get a sense of what some options might be if they, for whatever reason, have chosen a lifestyle change to leave the NYC-metro region. It is not a place for immature, fake-internet tough guys to pass judgement on them or why they have decided to leave.

Old 04-02-2014, 08:17 AM

3,076 posts, read 5,499,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonR View Post
Useless, juvenile posts (and posters like this) REALLY should be deleted by the mods. The reason for this thread is for posters to get a sense of what some options might be if they, for whatever reason, have chosen a lifestyle change to leave the NYC-metro region. It is not a place for immature, fake-internet tough guys to pass judgement on them or why they have decided to leave.
I think SeventhFloor is a Mod....

Old 04-02-2014, 08:42 AM

4,762 posts, read 793,250 times
If I were tired of New York (and not just the city), I would move to the island of Trinidad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City