Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2019, 12:33 PM

6,222 posts, read 3,595,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
majority white and asian neighborhoods. that's races!!!111!!
Ridgewood is white majority? When's the last time you went there, 1980?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2019, 03:11 PM

101 posts, read 90,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCareerGuy View Post
No fake news at all. Spot on actually. Your bias just doesn't want you to accept the facts. It's pretty obvious that Malba and Downtown flushing are Apples and Oranges, but the perception to many is that a place like Downtown Flushing would be "safer" than a place like Queens Village, or Elmhurst would be safer than Rosedale because of the demographics of the area. That's the point of the post. It's nonsense.

Malba and Whitestone statistically does have a higher number of burglaries than say Queens Village and Cambria Heights.

For 2018:

Whitestone:
Counts Of Theft: 282
Counts Of Assault:67
Counts Of Burglary: 52
Counts Of Robbery: 3
Shootings: 3

Cambria Heights
Counts Of Theft: 129
Counts Of Assault: 74
Counts Of Burglary: 16
Counts Of Robbery: 9

Astoria
Counts Of Theft: 291
Counts Of Assault: 211
Counts Of Robbery: 30
Counts Of Burglary: 24

Elmhurst:
Counts Of Theft: 1,659
Counts Of Assualt: 576
Counts Of Robbery:100
Counts Of Burglary: 60

Sunnyside
Counts Of Theft: 282
Counts Of Assault: 126
Counts Of Burglary: 16
Counts Of Robbery: 14
Counts Of Shooting: 3

Malba
Counts Of Theft: 269
Counts Of Assault: 68
Counts Of Burglary: 47
Counts Of Robbery: 2
Counts Of Shooting: 1

Jackson Heights
Counts Of Theft: 852
Counts Of Assault: 573
Counts Of Robbery: 107
Counts Of Burglary: 37
Counts Of Shooting: 8

Give me a break.....
Your "figures" are indeed fake news, bro. Go to the Nypd crime map and pull them. You fool.

Old 08-16-2019, 03:22 PM

337 posts, read 356,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussiaRussiaRussia View Post
Your "figures" are indeed fake news, bro. Go to the Nypd crime map and pull them. You fool.
Notice all the name calling and quotation marks (lol "figures" and language like "bro"). The first thing I referenced before you went into your uninformed biased tirade was information from the NYPD crime maps. You will believe what you want to believe regardless and will dispute it even if I had the Commanding Officer of each precent you referenced state the figures for each neighborhood and comparisons to your face. But in all cases you are wrong anyway and the true epitome of fake news. That is all.

Old 08-16-2019, 05:17 PM

325 posts, read 199,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCareerGuy View Post
According to a QNS news article:

--------------
The 114th Precinct, which encompasses Astoria, Long Island City, Woodside and Jackson Heights, reported 10 murders in 2018. In 2017 there were three. This makes the 114 the area with the highest number of homicides in the borough.

Meanwhile, the 110th Precinct, which covers the neighborhoods of Corona and Elmhurst, had the highest number of rapes in 2018. It was also the area with the highest number of robberies, 263.

The neighborhoods of Downtown Flushing, East Flushing, Queensboro Hill, College Point, Malba, Whitestone, Beechhurst and Bay Terrace — all within the confines of the 109th Precinct — had the highest amount of burglaries throughout Queens in 2018. he command also saw the borough’s highest number grand larceny crimes.

Finally, the most stolen vehicles in 2018 occurred in the 105th Precinct. The southeast Queens command covers Queens Village, Cambria Heights, Laurelton, Rosedale, Springfield Gardens, Bellerose, Glen Oaks, New Hyde Park and Floral Park - (Underlined because these areas have higher property values and are in the coveted "School District 26").
-----------------

This more about socio-economic status and population density than it is race or ethnicity.

None of these stats are surprising. When someone says that "Astoria" or "Jackson Heights" is safer than Cambria Heights or Laurelton for violent crimes, they are talking complete garbage and are completely biased based on some preconceived notion about the demographics of those areas. I feel safer walking around Cambria Heights or Laurelton in the dead of night on a deserted street or alleyway than I would on 63rd Drive in Rego Park or in Elmhurst, Corona, Sunnyside or Woodside in broad daylight.
Most if not all of those murders happened in the projects ( queensbridge , ravenswood , Astoria projects ) . There’s been recent shootings in all three recently too , nothing new .

Old 08-16-2019, 05:55 PM

14 posts, read 8,890 times
Anyone have any thoughts about Woodhaven? I went there couple times and it looked safe and pretty. Their prescient stats looks to be unusually safe for that area.

Old 08-16-2019, 05:58 PM

34,064 posts, read 47,260,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonTea000 View Post
Anyone have any thoughts about Woodhaven? I went there couple times and it looked safe and pretty. Their prescient stats looks to be unusually safe for that area.
Looks a little run-down but I would still consider it safe. No place to be alarmed about walking around at night.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 08-17-2019, 11:06 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,713,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonTea000 View Post
Woodhaven is between Rego Park and Forest Hills, perfectly boring and perfectly safe (plus you have Trader Joes)

Old 08-17-2019, 02:06 PM

6,222 posts, read 3,595,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Woodhaven is between Rego Park and Forest Hills, perfectly boring and perfectly safe (plus you have Trader Joes)
Between Forest Hills and Ozone Park would be a better description

Old 08-17-2019, 06:17 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,713,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamposite View Post
Between Forest Hills and Ozone Park would be a better description
yeah sorry I totally misread what the guy wrote

Old 08-17-2019, 09:04 PM

14 posts, read 8,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
yeah sorry I totally misread what the guy wrote
Haha I was confused at first but i got over it. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City