Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 03:20 PM

2,228 posts, read 3,690,119 times

Advertisements

Suspect in fatal fight outside bar belonging to 'Mob Wives' star Big Ang turns self in to cops* - NY Daily News

If this slug had this fight in the boogie down then he'd be free and clear. Fist fight and no weapons allegedly. Funny how one DA charges manslaughter while another charges Assault 3. Please don't hijack thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2014, 03:27 PM

9,247 posts, read 24,080,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwood Boy View Post
Suspect in fatal fight outside bar belonging to 'Mob Wives' star Big Ang turns self in to cops* - NY Daily News

If this slug had this fight in the boogie down then he'd be free and clear. Fist fight and no weapons allegedly. Funny how one DA charges manslaughter while another charges Assault 3. Please don't hijack thread.
There is a huge difference.In The Bronx case the aggressor,the one who incited the crime(started the fight), is dead.In this case,the aggressor,the one who incited the incident,killed an innocent person.

If you can't see the difference in the two incidents there is no hope.

Old 06-11-2014, 03:30 PM

LMAO, Learn the criminal penal law. You can't hit people for panhandling for beer. I can see some stark differences in the players involved and the DA. Not sure what the law is in Boston but not the case here. Hey, what were some of lines used? The cement killed him? he didn't mean to kill him? Why can't that same defense be applied here?

Old 06-11-2014, 03:34 PM

Quote:
LMAO, Learn the criminal penal law. You can't hit people for panhandling for beer. I can see some stark differences in the players involved and the DA.
He wasn't just innocently panhandling for beer.He took off his shirt and went at the victim with the intent of engaging in a fight.He turned around and went after him,forcing the victim to defend himself.About a dozen witnesses testified to that effect,just as a similar number of witnesses in this case have stated that the murderer here was the aggressor.In each case there was a clear victim and a clear aggressor.In The Bronx case the aggressor wound up dead.In this case,the aggressor murdered an innocent.

Have you still not watched the video in the thread that you created ?

Old 06-11-2014, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
He wasn't just panhandling for beer.He took off his shirt and went at the victim with the intent of engaging in a fight.He turned around and went after him,forcing the victim to defend himself.About a dozen witnesses testified to that effect,just as a similar number of witnesses in this case have stated that the murderer here was the aggressor.
Were you in Richmond County? What do you know who was the aggressor in this donnybrook? Was there a ongoing fight and this large fellow grabs the back of said individual? Then he get's cold cocked? Bottom line once again looks like no weapon. Allegedly, takes a punch then hits his head? BTW I'm not here calling the suspect a saint or a good person. I'm sure he's a pos and so his the bar owner. It's very funny to me how the criminal justice system works in NYC. Bluedog, I don't expect for you to agree with me on 99% of the topics. Keep it civil. Reread your 1st post.

Old 06-11-2014, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Were you in Richmond County? What do you know who was the aggressor in this donnybrook? Was there a ongoing fight and this large fellow grabs the back of said individual? Then he get's cold cocked? Bottom line once again looks like no weapon. Allegedly, takes a punch then hits his head? BTW I'm not here calling the suspect a saint or a good person. I'm sure he's a pos and so his the bar owner. It's very funny to me how the criminal justice system works in NYC. Bluedog, I don't expect for you to agree with me on 99% of the topics. Keep it civil. Reread your 1st post.
I don't think any DA anywhere will charge and bring to trial a case where losing the case would be a foregone conclusion.

Sorry about the tone in the first post.

Old 06-11-2014, 03:56 PM

Quote:
I don't think any DA anywhere will charge and bring to trial a case where losing the case would be a foregone conclusion.

Sorry about the tone in the first post.
Funny, how one thing works in one county compared to another. The victim hails from Yemen and the suspect is white. BTW in the first case if the suspect did NOTHING wrong then why was he charged at all??? That's what I don't understand in this case. Was the victim intox like in the first case? Did he throw a punch in self defense ( Victim) BTW I agree with the SI DA. At the very least Criminal Negligent Homicide.

Old 06-11-2014, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Funny, how one thing works in one county compared to another. The victim hails from Yemen and the suspect is white. BTW in the first case if the suspect did NOTHING wrong then why was he charged at all??? That's what I don't understand in this case. Was the victim intox like in the first case? Did he throw a punch in self defense ( Victim) BTW I agree with the SI DA. At the very least Criminal Negligent Homicide.
By the way,according The Post ,the guy in this case has only been charged with one count of assault, so maybe we better wait and see how this actually plays out.I have no idea which story might be more accurate but the News piece says he "faces" certain charges,while the Post piece says that he "was charged" with assault.

Man turns self in after deadly fight at bar of ‘Mob Wife’ | New York Post

"Fasano was charged with one count of assault for the alleged attack on the unnamed victim inside the bar. Police have not released the name of his friend whom they’re seeking for that same assault."

Old 06-11-2014, 04:44 PM

Quote:
By the way,according The Post ,the guy in this case has only been charged with one count of assault, so maybe we better wait and see how this actually plays out.I have no idea which story might be more accurate but the News piece says he "faces" certain charges,while the Post piece says that he "was charged" with assault.

Man turns self in after deadly fight at bar of ‘Mob Wife’ | New York Post

"Fasano was charged with one count of assault for the alleged attack on the unnamed victim inside the bar. Police have not released the name of his friend whom they’re seeking for that same assault."
Throw this in the 1% group. I will heed your advice and see what shakes out.

Old 06-15-2014, 07:30 AM

Police charge Midland Beach man who surrendered in fatal brawl at Drunken Monkey bar | SILive.com

The early-morning incident left 46-year-old Abdul Cisse dead with a fractured skull, after police say he was felled by a single punch outside the bar.

Midland Beach man, 23, surrenders to police following fatal brawl at 'Drunken Monkey' bar
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City