Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 03:06 PM

145 posts, read 284,793 times

Advertisements

Kind of a weird question, I know. I need it done for a specific reason (job related). However, I cannot for the life of me find a place anywhere in the city does it. The only place I found is in Manhasset. I booked an appt, but would rather not have to travel out there.

Again, I know it's an odd question. I found one place that used to provide it, but no longer does. I guess it's not a very popular "procedure". So anybody have any ideas? Figured I would take a shot. Thanks...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2014, 03:42 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,137,919 times
How official does it have to be? Many Rite Aids and CVS stores have the blood pressure reading machines. Also one day when I was feeling in a little dizzy I walked into an independent pharmacy in Queens and asked to have mine taken, which they did. But they only just told me the results verbally.

Also you could call any CityMed or urgent care office and ask if they do this. They'd probably be more than happy to take your money.

Old 07-28-2014, 04:04 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,253,334 times
Henna, knows her stuff.

Old 07-28-2014, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
How official does it have to be? Many Rite Aids and CVS stores have the blood pressure reading machines. Also one day when I was feeling in a little dizzy I walked into an independent pharmacy in Queens and asked to have mine taken, which they did. But they only just told me the results verbally.

Also you could call any CityMed or urgent care office and ask if they do this. They'd probably be more than happy to take your money.

I probably am not in any way clear in the OP. My fault. Ambulatory BP monitoring is when they put a machine on your arm and it takes incremental readings for 24 hrs. It is to determine what your average BP is when not in a medical setting, but relaxed at home. Sorry about that.

Old 07-28-2014, 04:11 PM

1,409 posts, read 2,035,606 times
Since you need nighttime resting readings, did you check with sleep lab places to see if this is something they can do?

Old 07-28-2014, 04:16 PM

3,021 posts, read 5,854,577 times
Sounds like this is what you're looking for:
Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring - SunTech Medical

Have you asked your doctor if he can provide it?

You might need a cardiologist to prescribe one.

Last edited by daliowa; 07-28-2014 at 04:17 PM.. Reason: edit

Old 07-28-2014, 04:18 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,137,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djones748 View Post
I probably am not in any way clear in the OP. My fault. Ambulatory BP monitoring is when they put a machine on your arm and it takes incremental readings for 24 hrs. It is to determine what your average BP is when not in a medical setting, but relaxed at home. Sorry about that.
Sorry. I just thought ambulatory meant a place you could walk in.

Old 07-28-2014, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
Sorry. I just thought ambulatory meant a place you could walk in.
Haha no problem. My fault completely. This is not common knowledge. I guess you learned something today though

Old 07-28-2014, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daliowa View Post
Sounds like this is what you're looking for:
Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring - SunTech Medical

Have you asked your doctor if he can provide it?

You might need a cardiologist to prescribe one.

That is the thing, my friend. The issue is, not many places have them on hand. And most places it seems don't even deal with them. The place I found in long island has it and will fit me in. I just wanted to do it sooner than Friday.

In regards to me doctor providing one. He referred me to a cardiologist and I went today. Had been waiting all week to go. Turns out there was miscommunication and they thought I needed a halter that reads my heart rate for 24 hrs, which is different. They don't deal with what I am needing. Big pain in my arse today was. Had been anticipating this for a week. My doc really screwed the pooch on this one.

Old 07-28-2014, 05:26 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,692,542 times
i did the ambulatory monitor 2 years ago due to chronic hbp even on meds. glad i did it cos many readings during that 24 hrs were very good. now with my cancer treatments my readings are like 100/60 and ive cut out at least 3 of my bp meds as per my doctor

you should be able to get a monitor for your bp esp if htn has been a problem. it was my nephrologist who ordered the cuff from the hospital they are affiliated with. even if the doc doesn't have one they should be write you an order so you can "rent" one for a day from a hospital or local facility
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City