Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2015, 08:26 AM

173 posts, read 262,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsny012185 View Post
I hear you , I have a messed up garage when it comes to that board . You're right I could make a big stink about that. To me it's not worth it cause I know the supers clerk has a tuff job and the guys that bump the junior guys complain to him that it goes by seniority.Is that a union rule if you're 12 to 8 all week you can't be bumped on sat. or is it an unofficial rule. I did complain to the shop steward and he said it goes by senority , and they say everybody went through it. Believe me I do stand up for myself when i get taken advantage of by supervisors .
The rule is no1 can voluntarily jump 12 to 8 on a sat and bump you..unless they are forced to a night shift and have u beat of course then it goes by seniorty ..whether u are a night signee or not the senior guy has shift preference..almost all garages have house rules so you shouldnt go complain to 831 about any house rules becuase then you will be stirring up ****

Old 06-12-2015, 09:57 AM

91 posts, read 115,996 times
Question: Do you have to have your CDL in order to be called for final processing and sent the 20 page booklet email? I assumed FP and the booklet is them just gathering the last of your information and then when they reach your list # you'll be good to go in the class..

Old 06-12-2015, 10:00 AM

77 posts, read 109,937 times
They will not call you if you do not have your CDL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSuperman View Post
Question: Do you have to have your CDL in order to be called for final processing and sent the 20 page booklet email? I assumed FP and the booklet is them just gathering the last of your information and then when they reach your list # you'll be good to go in the class..

Old 06-12-2015, 10:05 AM

1,757 posts, read 2,145,506 times
Quote:

Final processing is just exactly that. It's your FINAL step before reporting for training. Amazing people are still playing the CDL russian roulette game. It's the final year of an 8 year list if you don't have your CDL yet you're playing with fire.

Old 06-12-2015, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myckul View Post
They will not call you if you do not have your CDL
OK thank you. My road test is in 4 days and I just hope I pass it on this first shot..

Old 06-12-2015, 10:51 AM

173 posts, read 262,758 times
Quote:
OK thank you. My road test is in 4 days and I just hope I pass it on this first shot..
Keep both hands on the wheel..be very observant..just do as you were trained to..you should have no problems good luck

Old 06-12-2015, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanMan2k5 View Post
Final processing is just exactly that. It's your FINAL step before reporting for training. Amazing people are still playing the CDL russian roulette game. It's the final year of an 8 year list if you don't have your CDL yet you're playing with fire.

Believe me my friend, I know. I didn't intentionally slack off on getting the license. After I got DQ'd last year I became discouraged and didn't know a second chance was coming around. Soon as I received another orientation letter I scheduled a road lest and it just happened to land where it landed, June 16th..

Old 06-12-2015, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggingbaskets View Post
Keep both hands on the wheel..be very observant..just do as you were trained to..you should have no problems good luck
Yes I will! It'll also help it the inspector I get isn't an assh*le lol.. Soon as I pass I'm calling HR and informing them. I want to make the July class. Would hate to wait for August..

Old 06-12-2015, 11:27 AM

199 posts, read 519,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggingbaskets View Post
Also don't forget to get out of the truck and check behind before backing up. Have 2 friends that failed for this.

Old 06-12-2015, 12:31 PM

3,742 posts, read 6,394,077 times
Quote:
Yes I will! It'll also help it the inspector I get isn't an assh*le lol.. Soon as I pass I'm calling HR and informing them. I want to make the July class. Would hate to wait for August..
Really with this crap lol. There's no angry bitter examiner hell bent on failing students. If you fail then YOU failed. Don't fail. It's not rocket science.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City