Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 12:48 PM

300 posts, read 375,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
I missed where the black guy said anything about your being white. Or where any of the passengers made a comment about your races.

YOU are the only one talking about racism here. And also, it stands to reason that if anyone of any race is playing a very loud game on a personal device while riding public transportation, they are already being rude, and it should be expected they are not going to respond well when you ask them to not be rude (turn it down).

I really can't figure out how your asking someone to turn down loud music turned into an incident about racism in your mind that merits a post of several paragraphs about blacks, whites, Eric Garner and "awful, awful state of affairs"!!
Actually the OP isn't. The OP is asking a curious question and you don't like it, so you in turn decide to bash the OP for asking the question. How "dare" the OP make such a post since Henna doesn't approve of it. Very condescending. What a surprise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2014, 12:54 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,139,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhp3333 View Post
Actually the OP isn't. The OP is asking a curious question and you don't like it, so you in turn decide to bash the OP for asking the question. How "dare" the OP make such a post since Henna doesn't approve of it. Very condescending. What a surprise.
It's a discussion forum last I checked. And I was contributing to the discussion, which apparently hhp3333 doesn't like. So you decide to bash me for expressing my opinion. How condescending. What a surprise.

Old 09-25-2014, 01:02 PM

1,155 posts, read 1,976,739 times
If the person described in this story with bad manners was a 'ghetto type', then don't be remotely surprised. Unfortunately, most 'ghetto types' are either Black or Hispanic. It is what it is... No beating around the bush pretending it's not true. It comes with that sort of cultural affinity.

He would of either apologized and lowered the sound or a battle would of ensued. Fact, if he was already playing his audio loud in tight public space shows he had poor quality mannerism, making me believe the individual in question was a 'ghetto type' which would likely lead to some sort of confrontation (most likely verbal in it's early stages) or staredown.

Old 09-25-2014, 01:22 PM

2,678 posts, read 1,702,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaboarded View Post

He was big. I am not. He was black. I am white. And like so many daily incidents of intolerance in this city and in this country, we left it right there, with a massive moment of intolerance as lethal as any act of actual violence. I put my book away and walked off to another part of the boat.
So obviously you're intimidated by big black men.

Good to hear the internal thoughts of white people.

Old 09-25-2014, 01:24 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
when people get use to walking on you, when you say something about it they think something is wrong with you

Old 09-25-2014, 01:24 PM

Quote:

For what it's worth though I honestly think that whites and blacks still live in their own neighborhoods because they just have different cultures and different ways of doing things. It could be that this individual got upset simply because he felt as if what he was doing wasn't a problem and was only a problem with you because you're a white person who simply wanted to screw around with him. To be honest, I have seen incidents of subtle racism involving whites that intentionally do things to blacks to create a problem. I'm not saying you did that here, but I have seen it happen, and the black person or persons involved were quite irritated by it and understandably so. Nowadays racism (at least here in NYC) is subtle and still occurs quite often. Looks, stares, indirect comments, clearing of the throat, etc.
Racism is not subtle in New York City.

I was walking down a street one day and a white woman grabbed her purse as I walked by...in 2014.

Old 09-25-2014, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
It's a discussion forum last I checked. And I was contributing to the discussion, which apparently hhp3333 doesn't like. So you decide to bash me for expressing my opinion. How condescending. What a surprise.
How cute. Henna doesn't like being called out. Getting a taste of her own medicine for a change. It's about time someone stood up to you. Such a bully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
Racism is not subtle in New York City.

I was walking down a street one day and a white woman grabbed her purse as I walked by...in 2014.
Some women (of all colors) call that "readjusting" their purses and will try to do it as if they are doing it "naturally" so as not to be called out for it. I do wonder at times if it is a "natural reflex" or just their way of being total B's. Some of them do it just to be wise ones. If they were really so "in danger" and frail, they would've been robbed twice over. As a male it makes me want to throw up. I see all women doing this crap. I guess it makes them feel better since men are supposed to be such pigs in their minds.

Old 09-25-2014, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Some women (of all colors) call that "readjusting" their purses and will try to do it as if they are doing it "naturally" so as not to be called out for it. I do wonder at times if it is a "natural reflex" or just their way of being total B's. Some of them do it just to be wise ones. If they were really so "in danger" and frail, they would've been robbed twice over. As a male it makes me want to throw up. I see all women doing this crap. I guess it makes them feel better since men are supposed to be such pigs in their minds.
Ok sure yea. I know what "readjusting" is versus someone clutching her purse.

Old 09-25-2014, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilbertHarrisontheThird View Post
Any white who isn't intimidated by a protected minority class is in for trouble. The fact is nonwhites are protected by the establishment. We see evidence of this in the huge amount of black-on-white crime covered up by the mainstream media.

Blacks weren't intimidating 80 years ago, because back then whites were running things. Blacks and other minorities are protected by the Jewish ruling class that has run this country into the ground since the revolutions of the 60s.

If the government falls you'll see a role reversal again. Without protection of the government and the intelligentia blacks would be so bold in their interactions with whites. They know they're protected.
LMAO... Your comments are quite "bold" too. I'd say they are refreshing. Good to see some honesty around here instead of the same old boring topics being discussed and everyone being so "politically correct". Makes me want to barf. In response to your comment, I think that's an interesting assessment and it would be interesting to hear what blacks have to say. I think some blacks feel as if they are tired of the "establishment" and thus become angry and hostile over the simplest of things.

Old 09-25-2014, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilbertHarrisontheThird View Post
Blacks weren't intimidating 80 years ago, because back then whites were running things. Blacks and other minorities are protected by the Jewish ruling class that has run this country into the ground since the revolutions of the 60s.
Whites are still running things and control the majority of wealth. Your post is pure nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City