Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 02:21 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,491,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilbertHarrisontheThird View Post
Well I think a good way to convince someone that white gentiles aren't the establishment is to point out that nonwhites don't fear whites. They did 80 years ago. So what changed?

Blacks and other nonwhites do fear Jews. You do the math.
Why should nonwhites fear whites or anyone else for that matter?

Do you advocate rape, lynching, and other abhorrent behaviors as a means of control?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2014, 02:23 PM

384 posts, read 512,715 times
I just don't bother asking people to turn their sound down. It's not like someone who is in his 20s doesn't realize blasting music on a subway or wherever is anti-social.

Old 09-25-2014, 02:37 PM

300 posts, read 375,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GilbertHarrisontheThird View Post
They did 80 years ago. Black-on-white violence was very rare before the 60s. Whites couldn't be destroyed by nonwhites calling them racists. Every week we some notable white figure getting called a racist and losing his job or worse. The only time I see nonwhites suffer from being accused of racism is if they offend Jews. If they only offend white gentiles nothing happens to them.

Nonwhites are protected by the Jewish establishment. Accept the obvious.

Nonwhites fear being called antisemites, which is why they tend to be very submissive to the Jews.
I'd argue that it's because Jews have the power in this country. Whites still hold power but can now be held accountable for their racism as opposed to the past, so now that racism is more subtle, everyone would like to declare that racism doesn't exist and we're all one big happy family. What a load of crap. Racism is alive on ALL sides.... Blacks, Whites, Hispanics, Asians... Same crap. Just more undercover. To some degree I think blacks don't fear whites as much or are just fed up with the uneven playing field and just don't care, and as a white male I'd say that the playing field is certainly not even, at least not here in NYC. Just look at who has the high paying jobs here overall. Whites still get the good paying jobs in the corporate world, live in the nicer neighborhoods, have the connections to get ahead and so on whereas blacks generally don't have that and I believe that there is a level of resentment there, so even something as small as them not turning down their music can be a moral victory for them.

Old 09-25-2014, 02:47 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,997,202 times
How to deal with rude people on public transit-

Spock pwns a punk - YouTube

Old 09-25-2014, 02:50 PM

3,327 posts, read 4,359,448 times
OP is getting attacked in this thread for speaking the truth. Ethnicity and culture has everything to do with this city within the context of everyone trying to make it.

I'm native and its always been evident that this city is heavily segregated. Not just along ethnic lines but also along cultural boundaries.

Over the years (I was born in the mid 80's), this city has become less white so the ethnic boundaries have become much more visible. By the same token, certain ethic groups (mostly from the Caribbean) have taken to hating on whites. Why? "Whites have all the good jobs and all of the money". Back in their countries of origin they fought each other like cats and dogs and here in NYC they've found a common enemy in whites. Btw, I'm not talking about native Black Americans, the 18 or so of them left in NYC.

I've had friends visit me and nearly all of them commented on the racial undertones that are all too visible in this city. It's not a bad thing. It is what it is.

Old 09-25-2014, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawaweewa View Post
OP is getting attacked in this thread for speaking the truth. Ethnicity and culture has everything to do with this city within the context of everyone trying to make it.

I'm native and its always been evident that this city is heavily segregated. Not just along ethnic lines but also along cultural boundaries.

Over the years (I was born in the mid 80's), this city has become less white so the ethnic boundaries have become much more visible. By the same token, certain ethic groups (mostly from the Caribbean) have taken to hating on whites. Why? "Whites have all the good jobs and all of the money". Back in their countries of origin they fought each other like cats and dogs and here in NYC they've found a common enemy in whites. Btw, I'm not talking about native Black Americans, the 18 or so of them left in NYC.

I've had friends visit me and nearly all of them commented on the racial undertones that are all too visible in this city. It's not a bad thing. It is what it is.
Excellent post. I agree 1000% with everything you've said. The people that are yelling that race and ethnicity have nothing to do with anything are living in fantasy worlds and don't want to face reality. Just because we have a biracial president in the White House doesn't mean that we're all one big happy family. Far from the truth... The racial undertones in this city in my mind have become worse, not better.

Old 09-25-2014, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhp3333 View Post
Excellent post. I agree 1000% with everything you've said.
Those denying the clear ethnic and cultural undertones in this city baffle me.
Just take a look at the neighborhoods.

This is what makes NYC so palatable for immigrants. Everyone can live in their own bubble.

Old 09-25-2014, 02:59 PM

277 posts, read 328,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
Racism is not subtle in New York City.

I was walking down a street one day and a white woman grabbed her purse as I walked by...in 2014.

That happens to me all the time: white, black, asian - you name it. Some cross the street late at night. Some women are really careful and when they see some guy walking in their direction whom they do not know, they clutch their bag.

No big deal.

Old 09-25-2014, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50states View Post
That happens to me all the time: white, black, asian - you name it. Some cross the street late at night. Some women are really careful and when they see some guy walking in their direction whom they do not know, they clutch their bag.

No big deal.
Yeah but I think it's border line paranoia. I have to wonder how some of these woman meet men if they clutch their bag every time they see a man coming their way. How ridiculous. I've seen the same thing with women, regardless of what race the male is and it gets rather old after a while. I actually get a kick of out it sometimes and play the game. If I have a bag with me I'll clutch mine as well just to show them how stupid they look. Some of them are shocked when I do it too, as if to say how dare you clutch your bag at me as if you don't trust me, but they can do it though. Works both ways. LOL

Old 09-25-2014, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhp3333 View Post
Excellent post. I agree 1000% with everything you've said. The people that are yelling that race and ethnicity have nothing to do with anything are living in fantasy worlds and don't want to face reality. Just because we have a biracial president in the White House doesn't mean that we're all one big happy family. Far from the truth... The racial undertones in this city in my mind have become worse, not better.
Have they become worse? I can't say. I haven't seen them becoming worse. I've seen them simply shift.
It's no longer a white/black thing. It's a Russian/Central Asian thing, a Caribbean/White thing, A Jewish/Southeast Asian Muslim thing, A Brooklyn Chinese (Fujian) v Manhattan Chinese (Cantonese/Fuzhou) etc. The racial undertones have fragmented and taken on a more nuanced flavor.

Every borough and areas within a borough have their own dynamics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City