Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2014, 09:31 AM

531 posts, read 595,177 times

Advertisements

Check out the amount of Jew hating I this thread. Any hope the mods can fix this please?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2014, 12:33 PM

675 posts, read 1,256,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seansean View Post
This guy's trolling hard with an agenda. /ignore.

OP: You made this about race, instead of making this about an ignorant INDIVIDUAL HUMAN BEING. You clearly fear black men; I bet that fear shows with every interaction you have with us(I'm a black man). we see that; it puts us in a negative place, especially if we've done nothing to earn your fear. Things tend to go downhill from there damn quick. Were you robbed/assaulted by black people at some point in your life? where does your fear come from? I honestly want to know. And, ask yourself this: If you're just a normal, non-thug black man walking through this world, how do you think it makes us feel when someone like you, or a white woman who grabs her purse, or the cabbie who won't stop, or the store clerk who just KNOWS you're gonna steal something, or the cops who goes all "stop and frisk" when we're just walking down the street, or any of the hundred other ways we, the decent people of color in america, get disrespected DAILY...do you have any idea how that feels? it's like having psychological warfare(and, in the case of the police, physical warfare) carried out against you every day. We are constantly shown how not wanted we are in american life, yet, we fought for america's independence, and helped build this country from the ground up.

Now, does that excuse the violence, drugs, high birth rate, low employment rate, etc etc etc? no. But, what I wish people who are considered "white"(which is a meaningless term, just like black) would understand is, we are just as individual as you are. It's deeply unfortunate to be considered so monolithic, because its not the truth. the truth is, we have elites setting the people against each other in a bid to stay in control. Instead of falling for the "racial oke-doke", I'd encourage everyone to see the whole chessboard. You're blaming your neighbor for things, meanwhile, the biggest criminals work in washington and Wall street, not on 125th st. Not in bed-stuy. Not in washington heights. Be smart enough to see you're being played, and STOP GIVING IN TO FEAR.

OP: that dude was an *******. But he's just one guy,he does not represent THIS black man, nor does he represent most other black men or women. Expand your thinking, let go of fear.
Excellent post

Last edited by Dennis Brown; 09-27-2014 at 01:10 PM..

Old 09-27-2014, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilbertHarrisontheThird View Post
Be a bit humble. It's not to the credit of nonwhites that whites fear them. It's entirely to the credit of Jews. If Jewish power went away, so would the coddling that nonwhites have come to expect in the post-60s West.

Before the 60s nonwhites feared whites, because whites used to be the establishment, hence there was no affirmative action, very little nonwhite-on-white violence, no white flight, and no white had to worry about hypocritical racism accusations.

It's not hard to understand.
I see you clearly omitted the historical FACT of post-slavery "white-on-black" violence, you know all the lynching and various forms of killings, brutal assaults, rapes, etc...committed by whites against blacks with the white assailant usually never doing a day in jail. The white gangs in the inner-city along with white police officers assaulting and harassing people of color for "being in the wrong place". Does David Duke blame this on the Jews as well??

Old 09-27-2014, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noggin of Rum View Post
Check out the amount of Jew hating I this thread. Any hope the mods can fix this please?
There's only one poster with a Anti-Jew agenda but you have an on-going "blacks=violence/most ills of society" push by multiple posters across numerous threads on this board and people like yourself are perfectly fine with that aren't you?

Old 09-27-2014, 03:12 PM

531 posts, read 595,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Brown View Post
There's only one poster with a Anti-Jew agenda but you have an on-going "blacks=violence/most ills of society" push by multiple posters across numerous threads on this board and people like yourself are perfectly fine with that aren't you?
Both are wrong but the antiJew stuff is much more obvious. I don't think the OP is racist. The whole point of the thread is that he's afraid of being called a racist. Maybe it would help if you can point to examples of what you mean.

Old 09-27-2014, 04:08 PM

1,653 posts, read 2,309,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
Lol, you sound like a real nutty. Calling any woman a c word shows a severe lack of couth on your part, which makes it majorly ironic that you call her out for being ghetto when your reaction isn't much different, using expletives and getting nasty. That word would probably make most women go nuclear, give me a break. Your example makes you look not much better than her.
That day I was.

Old 09-27-2014, 04:23 PM

111 posts, read 181,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaboarded View Post
So I'm white and I'm riding the Staten Island ferry to St. George on the 11:00. I'm reading a book. An African American man sits down two seats away and proceeds to begin playing some game on his tablet involving a great deal of bell, whistle and zinging sounds. You can hear it a good ten feet away. A few passengers kind of roll their eyes.

I consider it a universal rule in polite society, no matter how unheeded it may be in this city, that you do not invade anyone else's sensory space with your device. (There are posters on the ferry with messages to this effect.)

So I say verbatim in the most neutral tone possible: "Sir, could you please turn down your sound?"

Silence/ignoring me.

I repeat: "Sir, could you please turn down your sound."

I am eyed over his sunglasses. "What?"

"Could you please turn down your volume?"

"You want me to what? Nobody is bothered but you. What is this? A concert? A club? This thing making you go deaf?"

He was big. I am not. He was black. I am white. And like so many daily incidents of intolerance in this city and in this country, we left it right there, with a massive moment of intolerance as lethal as any act of actual violence. I put my book away and walked off to another part of the boat.

I'm not going to say I was the loser here because that's not the point. We're all losers when something like this happens. What kind of monstrous place have we created where two humans of different races living in the same country cannot even agree on the basics of public decorum?

I'm from southern Virginia by the way. I have seen racism that puts the Eric Garner incident to freaking shame, yet I am appalled, after not having lived in New York for that long, at how little contact there is between whites and blacks in this city, how little communication. In the absence of real dialogue, the slightest interactions take on the aspect of a premeditated insult.

This is an awful, awful state of affairs and we are all diminished because of it.

Was there some other way I could have approached this situation? Something else I could have said?
I've seen this before but it's usually the car stereo's with the massive vibration.
It's common in Black and Mexican culture and they either don't care or don't understand how offensive it is...
The answer is simply that they have a different value system...Their attitude is "********* if you don't like it".

Old 09-27-2014, 05:12 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
had a lady with a bible who loved to park her car in the drop off spot in front of the convalesant home and leave it there most every day. that means making my 85 year old lame mother to walk it to the car a block away. when i mentioned that this habit was hard on my mom--- she acted like there was something wrong with me or maybe i was a KKK member persecuting christians in the community.

Old 09-27-2014, 05:28 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,920,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike b1 View Post
I've seen this before but it's usually the car stereo's with the massive vibration.
It's common in Black and Mexican culture and they either don't care or don't understand how offensive it is...
The answer is simply that they have a different value system...Their attitude is "********* if you don't like it".
This is not "Black or Mexican" culture. This is ghetto/hood culture. There's a difference.

Old 09-27-2014, 05:51 PM

22,665 posts, read 24,614,838 times
Give up on the idea of a polite society.......your 1st move should have been to move away from the inconsiderate person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City