Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2014, 03:01 PM

5,210 posts, read 4,672,866 times

Advertisements

Of course what hasn't been pointed out is the fence makes neither the residents or the people who are against subsidized apartments any happier as evidenced by all the backlash in this thread. So why again are the fences there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2014, 04:27 PM

571 posts, read 791,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
Of course what hasn't been pointed out is the fence makes neither the residents or the people who are against subsidized apartments any happier as evidenced by all the backlash in this thread. So why again are the fences there?
I think it's stupid of the management company to put up the fence, as evidenced by this very discussion. They are being petty and greedy. However, the couple complaining about it looks just as bad. I make a "middle income" salary, don't have a tax-payer subsidized apartment, and don't go calling the papers whenever something doesn't go my way. If they don't like it, they should give it up and pay market rent.

Old 12-08-2014, 04:33 PM

14,950 posts, read 12,153,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleasach View Post
Now this:

Luxury building fences off low-rent tenants

If you look at the aerial shot in the story, the tenants are being prevented from using almost all of their balcony.
They sound like charter members of the Church of the Perpetually Offended.

Old 12-08-2014, 06:30 PM

203 posts, read 191,100 times
Many people want to live in luxury, but don't have the means to achieve their dream.

Old 12-08-2014, 07:25 PM

274 posts, read 298,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire_Springs View Post
Many people want to live in luxury, but don't have the means to achieve their dream.

Agreed. but living in luxury and having a lot of money should not be the key to happiness. This is where I really believe people today just.don't.get.it.

Happiness is in your mind. I don't have a lot but I appreciate what I do have. I'm not starving and I buy myself something small here and there. People need to understand something, no matter how much sh*t you buy it cannot bring happiness for long. Eventually those "things" get old and you need more things to make you happy. This is the problem with today's consumer-driven society. Too many ppl don't understand that its not about money that brings happiness.

I am no communist, btw, this is just my philisophical belief in what life is. I enjoy my job, my weekends, and the people I have in my life. THAT, is true freedom.

Old 12-08-2014, 08:17 PM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xTiberiusx View Post
Agreed. but living in luxury and having a lot of money should not be the key to happiness. This is where I really believe people today just.don't.get.it.

Happiness is in your mind. I don't have a lot but I appreciate what I do have. I'm not starving and I buy myself something small here and there. People need to understand something, no matter how much sh*t you buy it cannot bring happiness for long. Eventually those "things" get old and you need more things to make you happy. This is the problem with today's consumer-driven society. Too many ppl don't understand that its not about money that brings happiness.

I am no communist, btw, this is just my philisophical belief in what life is. I enjoy my job, my weekends, and the people I have in my life. THAT, is true freedom.
/thread

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 12-08-2014, 08:32 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,238,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by q41apartments View Post
This is the 1st middle income lottery in NYC
No it's not

Old 12-08-2014, 08:57 PM

913 posts, read 2,273,198 times
It's the 1st in Queens because I don't factor in Brooklyn.

Old 12-09-2014, 07:53 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,084,455 times
I get flashes of SUDDENLY LAST SUMMER, with the market rate tenants enjoying martinis on their spacious part of the terrace while the dirty huddle masses who have finally had enough break through with sharpened cans and tear the rich to bits with Elizabeth Taylore screaming over her wealthy Sebastian's body: "And they were, (gasp, gasp)...EATING him."

Old 12-09-2014, 08:09 AM

8,695 posts, read 11,084,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xTiberiusx View Post

beautifully written
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City