Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2014, 07:50 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,986,996 times

Advertisements

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/26/ny...officials.html

So ends all political support for protesters from City Hall, the City Council, and the Borough Presidents. And the New York Times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2014, 09:58 PM

34,098 posts, read 47,316,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/26/ny...officials.html

So ends all political support for protesters from City Hall, the City Council, and the Borough Presidents. And the New York Times.
Question - how does all this turmoil affect you personally? Does it alter your day-to-day activities in any way whatsoever? Just wondering. Happy holidays.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 12-26-2014, 02:29 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,986,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Question - how does all this turmoil affect you personally? Does it alter your day-to-day activities in any way whatsoever? Just wondering. Happy holidays.
No, it doesn't effect me day to day.

I understand that yes, Eric Garner was handled poorly. He was murdered and I am against what happened with the grand jury.

HOWEVER, these types of protesters allow in and attract criminal elements that of course are anti police. I'm not a favor of hoodlums, and I'm not going to defend or attack someone because of their race. If they police have to do a violent takedown of a criminal of any race then FINE. I'm sick and tired of scum trying to hide behind their race. If they are going to be the bad asses they claim then take what's coming to them.

There is a criminal element that infests black communities that needs to be taken down, just as there are bad elements in the police that need to be dealt with. Just as not all Blacks are criminals, not all cops or all whites are racist.

Old 12-26-2014, 07:50 AM

34,098 posts, read 47,316,181 times
Quote:

I understand that yes, Eric Garner was handled poorly. He was murdered and I am against what happened with the grand jury.

HOWEVER, these types of protesters allow in and attract criminal elements that of course are anti police. I'm not a favor of hoodlums, and I'm not going to defend or attack someone because of their race. If they police have to do a violent takedown of a criminal of any race then FINE. I'm sick and tired of scum trying to hide behind their race. If they are going to be the bad asses they claim then take what's coming to them.

There is a criminal element that infests black communities that needs to be taken down, just as there are bad elements in the police that need to be dealt with. Just as not all Blacks are criminals, not all cops or all whites are racist.
If it doesn't affect you then why post? you're sick and tired of scum hiding behind their race. How could you be so sick and tired of something that doesnt affect you personally. I am just trying to understand what is fueling all of this for you. My honest opinion is if he wasnt selling lucys he would still be alive

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 12-26-2014, 11:28 AM

19,058 posts, read 13,977,271 times
The events of December 20th were a shock to DeBlasio's ant-cop core. It has been apparent in his face ever since that he was deeply affected by these senseless deaths. How he moves going forward will determine a lot about his mayoralty. He can certainly redeem himself, but it will be an uphill battle.

More importantly, it is time for the media to deeply reflect upon how they have created this mess, far moreso than any politician. Just yesterday I read a Huffpost article which mentioned a St. Louis shooting that happened not long after the Brown incident. Huffpost used to standard "unarmed black man" line to stoke the racial fire, while all the time speaking of an incident in which the cop traded shots with the perp who was absolutely armed. It is sickening that the media does this, and it is being done on purpose.

That is where our problem lies. The media intentionally pushes a false narrative that people on the street don't see in person, but end up believing because they read it so much.

PS, I just tried to find the article but it is no longer up.

Old 12-26-2014, 12:49 PM

675 posts, read 1,256,811 times
Quote:
.There is a criminal element that infests black communities that needs to be taken down
WRONG! There is a criminal element that infests poor communities that needs to be addressed from the root causes. When there were poor white majority neighborhoods in this city they faced the same criminal elements but it was NEVER labelled as a "white" problem. My black majority neighborhood is not infested with a criminal element just like your white majority neighborhood so get it right...

Old 12-26-2014, 01:41 PM

5,140 posts, read 4,976,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Brown View Post
WRONG! There is a criminal element that infests poor communities that needs to be addressed from the root causes. When there were poor white majority neighborhoods in this city they faced the same criminal elements but it was NEVER labelled as a "white" problem. My black majority neighborhood is not infested with a criminal element just like your white majority neighborhood so get it right...

You can keep cherry picking evidence to support your flawed arguments; however, your approach to the issues being discussion is 1) non-productive; 2) apparently faulted; and 3) counter productive at best. It reveals a constant lack of cause-consequence logic in your arguments and reflects a clear lack of critical/analytic thinking of your mind. You sound ultra defensive of the problems being discussed and opt to fault picking on others for the problems that you are associated with. With that mentality, you and bros alike will likely be stuck where you are while impeding the society to move forward as a whole...This is quite an objective and professional assessment of you at no cost to you.

Old 12-26-2014, 02:47 PM

675 posts, read 1,256,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
You can keep cherry picking evidence to support your flawed arguments; however, your approach to the issues being discussion is 1) non-productive; 2) apparently faulted; and 3) counter productive at best. It reveals a constant lack of cause-consequence logic in your arguments and reflects a clear lack of critical/analytic thinking of your mind. You sound ultra defensive of the problems being discussed and opt to fault picking on others for the problems that you are associated with. With that mentality, you and bros alike will likely be stuck where you are while impeding the society to move forward as a whole...This is quite an objective and professional assessment of you at no cost to you.
Blah blah blah but until you address exactly what I pointed out and show a valid counter argument your just talking a whole lot of nothing. Come again...

Old 12-26-2014, 10:28 PM

518 posts, read 826,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Brown View Post
In the past crime in poor white majority neighborhoods was usually labelled as an Irish problem or an Italian problem. Now days it might be called a Dominican problem or maybe a Russian problem, though the Russians are not so poor, and the Dominicans are not so white, but they can both be a problem.

Old 12-26-2014, 10:52 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,582,822 times
Default Definitely got to rep you for this one!!!

Quote:

What I've bolded in red should cause this post to win best statement of the year on C-D. Having grown up in the ghetto/hood/inner-city, being very familiar with the variety of people that compose it, and having worked as a social services with jailbirds, drug-addicts, poor elderly, psychiatric wards patients, other persons with mental diagnosis, and children in foster care in NYC for five years, I have inadvertently gained a lot experience and insight about the dynamics of the Black community.

I hate to see good people, hard-working Black people who are sincerely protesting the wrongs they see and then low-life Blacks benefitting from it by continuing to create anarchy for the hell of it and they use any excuse to loot, steal, create chaos and disorder. These low-life always adversely and negatively affecting the neighborhoods and quality of life in Black neighborhoods as they steal, rob, are disrespectful towards everyone else, and when called out on their mess they are the first to cry "racism" or "injustice" and hide behind their color as a reason for their troubles.

Like roaches they are finally being exposed by the light. Their true motives are becoming clearer and clearer for everyone to see: MLK and the Black protesters of the 1960's they ARE NOT. These hood-rats have no dignity or self-respect and they are not working for the greater good as they care for NO one, not even their mother or children, but THEMSELVES. I don't think any other race even has an equivalent to what decent Black people have to live with in these self-loathing, self-centered low lifes' who make life hell for everyone else around them. It's unfortunate that they are encouraged by well-meaning but misguided folks who run to their rescue.

Thankfully though many people's attitude toward them is beginning to change...people are beginning to wake up and see that evil is as evil does regardless of the race or past experiences of the perpetrators. Also, even though there are a few rogue, bully, racist White cops not ALL of them are. People need to understand that when they judge other people negatively, they too will be judged negatively in the same measure. You reap what you sow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: