Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2016, 02:40 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,930,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Wheels of justice grind slowly......

DA's office in such high stakes cases like this usually want to have all their ducks in a row before seeking and hopefully getting an indictment. Last thing you want is for a case to fall apart at trial due to sloppy police and prosecutor work. Remember DAs get one shot at this; if a jury comes back with a "not guilty", that is that; people walk and you can't touch them again.

Then of course you have the obvious, the crime scene (the building in question) was blown to bits; so things have to be pieced together, evidence gathered, theories tested, etc....

Exactly. They want to win because there is a climate for that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2016, 02:45 PM

31,910 posts, read 26,979,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
Exactly. They want to win because there is a climate for that.

Well that being said think DA Vance got off to a rocky start and now does not rush into things as before. New York juries aren't like back in Seattle or wherever he was flown in from to take over after
Morgenthau finally retired.

Old 02-12-2016, 07:34 PM

15,855 posts, read 14,479,382 times
Yes, but in the mean time, the person could have gone anywhere. They might have been able to reel the LL back from Ukraine if she ran there, or maybe not.

Old 09-09-2019, 01:04 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times
Manslaughter trial starting

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...explosion.html

Each facing 15 years in jail

Old 09-09-2019, 02:28 PM

4,774 posts, read 6,571,114 times
They should throw the book at them all! There's more than enough evidence. My daughter and her boyfriend ate in that sushi restaurant often. What those parents had to go through is awful. It could have been my child who was killed.

Old 09-09-2019, 04:02 PM

3,882 posts, read 2,238,298 times
I’m surprised the landlord didn’t flee to Ukraine!

Old 09-09-2019, 08:30 PM

62 posts, read 35,298 times
Something wrong with the criminal justice system if trial is just starting.

Old 09-10-2019, 10:21 AM

18,471 posts, read 31,638,910 times
the son Michael, supposedly had since died (hummm) at the age of 32, more likley the mother shipped him off to Ukraine.
I hope all three of these idiots get the book thrown at them. the killed 2 innocent people, many families lost thier homes, business were destroyed and countless of innocetn people were injured.

they tampered with gas lines withour any regard for human life.
i think these people are despickeable and need the max sentence.
shame on them.

ialso do not believe that for one second the son had suddently died, they need to get him back here and sent to prison.

What a groups of disgusting greedy people, shame on them.

Old 09-10-2019, 11:02 AM

15,855 posts, read 14,479,382 times
If you can think of that, so can the DA. They're not going to write him off unless they can confirm fingerprints the ME get off of the body at autopsy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
the son Michael, supposedly had since died (hummm) at the age of 32, more likley the mother shipped him off to Ukraine.

Old 09-10-2019, 12:44 PM

18,471 posts, read 31,638,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
If you can think of that, so can the DA. They're not going to write him off unless they can confirm fingerprints the ME get off of the body at autopsy.

I would hope so. I remember reading somewhere there was an obituary written for him, as he dies suddenly.
I think at 32 or 31, whatever, it was eye raising that he died....

id have the body exumed and a DN test done.

they are shady people, the more i think of it, who in thier right mind tampers with gas lines in nyc with all these old tenements that are deat traps waiting to happen.

The LL, maria was also a probelm LL, she at one point had windows in thier air shafts bricked up as to let a restaurant down below put up a vent and the tenants had held thier rents.

imagine coming home to find your air shaft windows were brincked up, i think i would have of just knocked them right out. So, Maria H, sounds like a complete wack job, and now she allowed gas lines top be tampered with. gas lines!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City