Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2015, 02:51 PM

781 posts, read 1,195,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uokspydr View Post
I live in a rent stabilized building and the super is cheap and lazy about fixing anything. For whatever reason they had to replace the circuit breakers and I let them do it when I wasn't home...well I just got home and there is a huge hole in my wall! I called the super and he said they'll fix it when I move out because it's "a lot of work." The building owner says it's he doesn't care. FYI my lease doesn't even end until November 2016 and I have two kids (oldest is 5yrs, youngest is 4mos). I don't want to be living with a huge hole in my wall for the next year and a half whaaaaaat am I supposed to do?!
Heed the advice of others, document everything. Maybe the LL didn't patch the hole thinking whatever they did has not been completely corrected? Whatever the rationale or purpose, exposed wiring is absolutely not acceptable. Did they provide written, advance notice when they entered of their purpose for replacement? That's another issue as well if they did not.

Is this an older building? If so, this wall/exposed area could contain lead-based paint, which is another hazard--make sure any exposed chips do not end up in the mouth of a child.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2015, 10:41 PM

415 posts, read 513,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
Right. This would considered vandalism to property and potentially get the OP into trouble.

In doing so s/he would also compromise whatever rights, waived rent and/or damages, whatever.
you should stop trying to be such a Philadelphia lawyer. seriously. I'm giving you great advice, you should take heed. I get paid a lot of money for my advice.

if the original poster makes a repair to the wall at her expense and then returns the wall to the exact condition she was left with it…on what planet would that be considered "vandalism"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: