Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 04:05 PM

5,140 posts, read 4,976,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tht1guy View Post
Im not looking for a "quality of life" type environment. Some stuff u just gotta suck up dude. This is from YOUR point of view. Yea NY is expensive and hard but from what it sounds like you don't have a decent income or proper education/ requirements to get a decent job. Im moving to New York because it has the rough environment i need. Some people process things differently. I can't be in a slow environment where the grocery store is also the gas station. I KNOW for a fact that I'm lazy and i know if i surround myself with the slow paced environment of kansas city i will not go anywhere. Not just to live but I'm going to NYC because the schools have what i want. So its either NY or freaking London. KC doesn't have what i want double checked, triple checked quadripple checked. Life sucks I know. And moving to new york in the fast paced, hardcore world will push me to get OFF MY LAZY BUTT AND DO SOMETHING!!!!!
Come check it out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2015, 04:25 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,091,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tht1guy View Post
HEy! he shredded me first!!!
he tossed your salad, bruh!

Old 07-27-2015, 04:29 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,986,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkub101 View Post
You are wrong. The lifeblood of NYC is getting pushed out by these "ambitious, creative, energetic people" and the majority of transplants are none of the above. My main problem with transplants is that they come from the middle of nowhere and all of a sudden they get smacked with this huge ego boost that they finally made it - when in reality they are still a nobody. Now you have full blown neighborhoods of ego junkies with agenda's. I say it's poison. The hipster's don't bother me that much, the WASPy trust fund babies who were spoon fed through life are the worst.

OP, look at how you're getting shredded over the web. You think NYC's going to be better for you when you physically get here? And you have the nerve to diss a DSNY employee. Common man....get it together. This city would crumble if it weren't for those guys/gals and I'm sure the same can be said for Kansas City.
NYC's business is business. So all landlords and co-ops care for is PROVE of INCOME and ASSETS. They care nothing about where you were born.

Employers just care about your credentials, especially when going out for professional jobs. No one cares about where you were born.

But you know this very well. You're just being hateful and JEALOUS.

NYC is the business capital of the US and the US is world's dominant CAPITALIST country. What do you expect?

Old 07-27-2015, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Excuse you, but you guys were just putting down the sanitation worker! And the fact that the hipster cannot even get an apartment with "below market rates" at Inwood or elsewhere without the need of the bumbling roommate is telling!

For your information, I come from a humble upbringing - my dad was a Vietnam vet who later worked for the MTA, so it irks me when idiot spoon-fed waspy types come over here thinking that these blue collar jobs are idiot jobs, but meanwhile they all live bunched up in one apartment while they do stupid work like display paper cups for a living... and call it ART! LOL LOL LOL
But you would be signing a different tune if rent stabilization ever ends. Who knows what will happen in a few years. What if one day the Republicans are able to push through income verification as a condition to keep rent stabilized status? Don't get too cocky my dear...........

Old 07-27-2015, 05:16 PM

1,369 posts, read 1,254,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
But you would be signing a different tune if rent stabilization ever ends. Who knows what will happen in a few years. What if one day the Republicans are able to push through income verification as a condition to keep rent stabilized status? Don't get too cocky my dear...........
I strongly agree with your post...👍...Very good point...👆...things can happen. Rent stabilization is not 100% guaranteed.
Like owning your own home...🏡... A smart person with good income would invest in a home...🏠... That's the smart
way to go.

Old 07-27-2015, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanniebaby7 View Post
I strongly agree with your post...👍...Very good point...👆...things can happen. Rent stabilization is not 100% guaranteed.
Like owning your own home...🏡... A smart person with good income would invest in a home...🏠... That's the smart
way to go.
Agreed. Investing in a home is smart not only for you but towards any children or young people you might have in your family.

Letting you life be taken over and held hostage by a rent stabilized apartment is ridiculous. It might make sense for you to move elsewhere, but you won't want to because of a rent stabilized apartment. This is why one should very cautiously accept help from the government (including regulation of rents) because you may end up letting them control you.

I have known people who could have purchased a home but were so obsessed with a rent stabilized unit they didn't want to (when rent stabilization in it's current form may not be here in 4 years). It's always possible that the Republicans may manage to insert income verification.

Old 07-27-2015, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Agreed. Investing in a home is smart not only for you but towards any children or young people you might have in your family.

Letting you life be taken over and held hostage by a rent stabilized apartment is ridiculous. It might make sense for you to move elsewhere, but you won't want to because of a rent stabilized apartment. This is why one should very cautiously accept help from the government (including regulation of rents) because you may end up letting them control you.

I have known people who could have purchased a home but were so obsessed with a rent stabilized unit they didn't want to (when rent stabilization in it's current form may not be here in 4 years). It's always possible that the Republicans may manage to insert income verification.
Exactly, I'm not trying to put any one down, but people at times think they are getting over on the government...😎.
When in fact their not especially if you are getting an education..🎓.. to better your self.Which means a person should.
Be saving as much money..💰..as they can to secure the future. People are not going to stay young for ever and need
To look out for their self and their family if they have one. Do not depend on help if you don't really need it...👎.

That's greed, sooner or later the government..😎..will catch up. Might even make you pay back some of that money..😭.
I believe in savings, vacations..👙👓👒.. fine but I would make sure my account is fat first...💰.. This is just an advice.
Either take it..😄..or leave it..😩..no sweat on me...😋.

Old 07-27-2015, 09:20 PM

515 posts, read 875,865 times
Quote:
NYC's business is business. So all landlords and co-ops care for is PROVEProof of INCOME and ASSETS. They care nothing about where you were born.

Employers just care about your credentials, especially when going out for professional jobs. No one cares about where you were born.

But you know this very well. You're just being hateful and JEALOUS.

NYC is the business capital of the US and the US is world's dominant CAPITALISTic country. What do you expect?
Quote:
Your username should be NyReaderdude. Your writing is crappy and you should do some more reading.

Old 07-28-2015, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkub101 View Post
Your username should be NyReaderdude. Your writing is crappy and you should do some more reading.
You resort to personal attacks to avoid a painful truth.

NYC is about business and no business person (landlord, retailer, real estate agent, employer) cares about where you were born. They are about whether you have enough money to pay your real estate related bills and other costs, or whether you have the credentials and experience to qualify for a good job.

Old 07-28-2015, 11:19 AM

Quote:
You resort to personal attacks to avoid a painful truth.

NYC is about business and no business person (landlord, retailer, real estate agent, employer) cares about where you were born. They are about whether you have enough money to pay your real estate related bills and other costs, or whether you have the credentials and experience to qualify for a good job.
This is the truth..👊..money talks a person can be a Nerd..🙍..or a Gangster..😎..as long as you have the cash.
...💰.💲.💰... You can buy your way IN or buy your way OUT. This applies anywhere around the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City