Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 08:08 AM

4,826 posts, read 14,310,863 times

Advertisements

Let's just suppose for a few moments that everything proposed by the nuclear triad of Obama, Pelosi, and Reid becomes law. Then let's pretend that everything is perfect and works out for the betterment of not only all America, but the entire world. Once, we've done that, let's consider the other side of the coin. What if the triad has shot the nation in the foot, what options, what corrections can be made? Is what they are proposing truly worth the risk?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2009, 08:15 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times
Oh, is that when?

Old 07-01-2009, 08:16 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,308,333 times
As much as I do not agree with some of Obama's policies, at least they are trying to do something. I wonder how the GOP would be addressing the current economic crisis? Tax breaks for the rich? Since the GOP has not presented any other alternatives to what we have, I think that is really all we have.

Old 07-01-2009, 08:22 AM

4,176 posts, read 6,334,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Don't worry, you'll still be complaining.
Are you saying that the Obama/Reid/Pelosi proposals are GOOD for the Economy? If so, please explain how these policies are good for the country.

The policies I am referring to are: Cap and Trade, Government run Healthcare, higher income taxes, higher capital gains taxes, higher dividends taxes, return of the estate tax, amnesty for illegals, more regulation and more Government spending with $ Trillion+ annual deficits.

Old 07-01-2009, 08:49 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
Are you saying that the Obama/Reid/Pelosi proposals are GOOD for the Economy?
? No, I said
Quote:
Don't worry, you'll still be complaining.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
If so, please explain how these policies are good for the country[....]Cap and Trade, Government run Healthcare, higher income taxes, higher capital gains taxes, higher dividends taxes, return of the estate tax, amnesty for illegals, more regulation and more Government spending with $ Trillion+ annual deficits.
You want this researched and laid out for you for free?

Old 07-01-2009, 08:52 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,107 times
If everything on Obamas agenda gets passed and if it all works out well then I for one will be ecstatic to say that I was wrong.
If it doesn't -- well, that is what elections are for isn't it?

Old 07-01-2009, 08:53 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,745,539 times
This will drive the US into hyperinflation, causing food shortages and eventually a massive backlash. I expect this to push the American people over the edge and a new resurgence of Libertarianism and Anarchism to sweep the country in an attempt to restore a lost standard of living. In the meantime a Soviet-style black market and widespread corruption will be the way of survival. I have said from the beginning, Obama will be Jimmy Carter in color. A gutless, brain-dead puppet smiling as others pull the strings.

Old 07-01-2009, 09:54 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,562,354 times
These threads are getting boring with the chicken little syndrome. Obama is doing everything he said he was going to do during his campaign so if you Republicans / Conservatives were so concerned why didn't you come out in droves at election time? Ever heard of crying over spilled milk? Truth the be told there are too many on the right who objected more to his race or his background than to the policies he was promoting during his campaign to even bother & are now shocked at what he's doing.

Old 07-01-2009, 10:04 AM

4,176 posts, read 6,334,125 times
Quote:
? No, I said You want this researched and laid out for you for free?
I have my own thoughts and think these policies are going to be disastrous. I'd like to hear your thoughts on why they'd be good. It doesn't have to be a lengthy discussion on each item. Just a general analysis of why these policies are good, if that's what you think.

I think they're horrible b/c they grow Government, take away individual liberties, raise taxes and take money out of the Economy. They punish investment and risk taking. Open borders is a security threat, IMO and also decreases opportunities for Americans who are struggling. Unions are bad, as they stifle competition. As you can see, the union heavy industries are in the toilet: Autos, steel, public sector employees, education, etc. Cap and trade will drive more jobs out of America and increase our energy prices, which will decrease the price of consumer goods and result in more job losses. Same with over regulation. SarbOx just ended up driving new businesses overseas.

Old 07-01-2009, 11:09 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,692,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
These threads are getting boring with the chicken little syndrome. Obama is doing everything he said he was going to do during his campaign so if you Republicans / Conservatives were so concerned why didn't you come out in droves at election time? Ever heard of crying over spilled milk? Truth the be told there are too many on the right who objected more to his race or his background than to the policies he was promoting during his campaign to even bother & are now shocked at what he's doing.
Here we go again with the race issue. It's not about race. When will you get that?

Conservatives sounded the alarm during the long campaign. Evidently you were among those who didn't hear it. Truth be told, the liberal masses and media were so taken with Obama's speeches that they weren't listening to anything else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies