Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2015, 01:57 PM

4,776 posts, read 6,577,379 times

Advertisements

What grade is your child in? Do you need a good elementary school, or a middle school?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2015, 06:58 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,893,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Morrisania is cheaper for Legionaires.
or Moot Haven. smgdh

Old 10-21-2015, 04:21 PM

18 posts, read 31,491 times
Thank you guys.

Old 10-21-2015, 04:29 PM

15 posts, read 13,933 times
I second Kingsbridge and Belmont - the zoo and the botanical provide an added bonus.

Old 10-21-2015, 05:02 PM

186 posts, read 220,336 times
Wakefield, Woodlawn Area is pretty good, as well as by Pelham Parkway, and areas around Gun Hill Road heading more towards I95

Old 10-21-2015, 06:23 PM

I think i am going to look into Kingsbridge, Bedford park, Woodlawn, etc. I realized that the further up you go the better it gets.

Old 10-21-2015, 06:24 PM

10,914 posts, read 31,407,048 times
The VA is in Kingsbridge Heights, Kingsbridge Road & Sedgewick, just to the north of Fordham Hill as the campus abuts the co-op. I would agree that Kingsbridge and Bedford Park offer a very easy commute as does VanCortlandt Village. Belmont and Pelham Parkway are also good areas to consider, but with a longer bus commute, ~30 minutes or so. Fordham Hill would be an option, especially if you wanted to walk to work, but you would likely want to use private schools and would likely want to shop in Kingsbridge along Broadway as University Heights and Kingsbridge Heights are lacking great grocery and department store offerings.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 10-21-2015, 06:50 PM

Yes i didn't think of that, Fordham hill area sounds good. I can walk to work, and I am a walk away from Fordham road and all the stores and transportation. I am also interested in those co-op apartments for the near future. I guess i should start looking into those co-ops. Thank You

Old 10-22-2015, 06:17 PM

10,914 posts, read 31,407,048 times
Definitely check into Fordham Hill as the complex is in good condition and offers rentals and purchases at pretty decent price points for the size/style of the apartments. They are built in the International Style, and are post-war, but have an open living/dining room, nice kitchens, etc. I have been in a couple as I knew people who lived there when I was very small, before there were changes in the immediate neighborhood, when it fell during the crack era, and the apartments were well built with large windows and many even had a service entrance through the kitchen, as well as a separate formal entrance through a foyer into the living room. The complex also has a garage across the street, which is convenient, but within walking distance to work, you can't beat that commute.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 10-23-2015, 07:51 PM

1,015 posts, read 1,197,654 times
I've come to decision that Co-op City is my favorite neighborhood in the city. It is remarkably planned and affordable. It's not for everyone, but I it has some amazing benefits. After purchasing an apartment for 20,000 or less, most apartments are less than a thousand a month. The small one bedrooms are 650 a month. It is one of the only places where you have an affordable parking spot, large green lawns, playgrounds, and gardens. Apartments also has amazing views, and balconies. Bay Plaza which is in the center of Co-Op City is the biggest suburban style mall in Bronx with nearly 100 different stores (also a movie theater and massive gym). There is a waiting list and you have to fall within certain income range (25000-80000 for a 1bdr for instance). Co-op city is also a bit remote and is a two-fare zone as far as the subway but has express buses that can get you downtown in 45 minutes. I think I like it because it is easily the greenest and most affordable quality housing in the borough. When you first see co-op city its like this massive impressive place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City