Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2016, 09:13 AM

186 posts, read 308,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
I cannot thank those on this board enough including AWOL, DSNY Dirty, etc... giving us the heads up to get our CDL's earlier in the year!
You guys know the saying, 'you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink,'. No cdl no job. when i took my physical back in nov 08 the lady told me to get my cdl if i wanted the job. I took private lessons and passed the road test the first time. I had to wait 3 years to get called but when they did call i had all my stuff together. Now some of you guys might get skipped over because you don't have a cdl. Don't procrastinate any longer. If you guys really want this job.

Old 06-14-2016, 09:27 AM

56 posts, read 82,410 times
In the 1400's and I have my road test this coming Tuesday! Hope end of next year I get the process started. You guys are a wealth of information and I am also thankful for your posts!

Old 06-14-2016, 09:36 AM

16 posts, read 17,579 times
Hey, to all the veteran, my friend from my unit just got his CDL license on Friday and he told me about it today. There's a way for military members and veterans to get their license without having to do the cdl road test, just gotta passed the permit, and submit some documents. And DMV issued you your license on the spot and waive the road test. This might help alot of guys get their cdl instead of waiting or having to passed the road test.

Old 06-14-2016, 10:08 AM

10 posts, read 15,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HooahFollowMe View Post
Hey, to all the veteran, my friend from my unit just got his CDL license on Friday and he told me about it today. There's a way for military members and veterans to get their license without having to do the cdl road test, just gotta passed the permit, and submit some documents. And DMV issued you your license on the spot and waive the road test. This might help alot of guys get their cdl instead of waiting or having to passed the road test.

I believe thats's only if you were in a MOS that required you to drive heavy duty vehicles... such as Motor T

Old 06-14-2016, 10:47 AM

712 posts, read 1,207,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharaoh Menes View Post
I believe thats's only if you were in a MOS that required you to drive heavy duty vehicles... such as Motor T
That is correct plus you have to have your unit sign off on the forms. I looked into that couple years ago. But I was already out of the marines(retired). So I ended up paying for my classes and road test

Old 06-14-2016, 02:52 PM

316 posts, read 489,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
I cannot thank those on this board enough including AWOL, DSNY Dirty, etc... giving us the heads up to get our CDL's earlier in the year!
This is why I jumped and got mine way ahead, it's one less thing to worry about. I got my license in 08 after the physical and then the freeze hit got called in 12 missed the last class that year by 68 numbers and hired 1st class of 13 which was in Aug. If you have a good list number don't procrastinate.

Old 06-14-2016, 04:21 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,223,018 times
CDL timing is the difference between a great day and horrible one. The faster you get on, the more people you have beat, the quicker you can transfer closer to home... all these things matter. You procrastinate on the CDL I have no sympathy for you. Those who listened, well done. Those who didn't, f*ck off...

Old 06-14-2016, 07:01 PM

114 posts, read 144,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY...DirtyStayOut View Post
CDL timing is the difference between a great day and horrible one. The faster you get on, the more people you have beat, the quicker you can transfer closer to home... all these things matter. You procrastinate on the CDL I have no sympathy for you. Those who listened, well done. Those who didn't, f*ck off...

Thanks for busting my balls this entire time on this post. It was motivation though, your one of the people that pushed me by talking **** lol.

What garage are you in so I know not to transfer their ? lmfao. J/k

I want Bronx anyway. BX 8 BX9 or BX 10. Which will probably not happen but I'm still gonna try.

Old 06-14-2016, 07:40 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,223,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisvosten View Post
Thanks for busting my balls this entire time on this post. It was motivation though, your one of the people that pushed me by talking **** lol.

What garage are you in so I know not to transfer their ? lmfao. J/k

I want Bronx anyway. BX 8 BX9 or BX 10. Which will probably not happen but I'm still gonna try.
You have your sh*t together Chris, no worries. I've been watching you post and you have been very helpful to your fellow new jacks, it's nice to see. Keep it up, just don't become a know it all or a d*ck sucker, 2 things that will give you a rep you dont want real fast on this job. Get on, learn as much as possible, be friendly to the guys but the main thing is keep your head down and WORK. A good guy that's a hard worker is always welcome, that's a rep you want.

You will learn all of this soon enough, good luck with everything. And by the way, I'm an a**hole, straight up but I will never steer you wrong. And as far as working with me or getting to my garage, you should be so lucky lol. Guys always have a great day with me, you will laugh your ass off and the route is done before you even realize it. You never know how great people are til you meet them, never forget...

Old 06-15-2016, 07:11 AM

264 posts, read 504,096 times
Anything new from anyone out there? Has anyone who has been cleared from the medical and have the CDL get the email with the background paperwork?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City