Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2017, 10:20 PM

103 posts, read 166,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWOL AGAIN View Post
The stuff you did there is good for 6 months. The stuff you had to do elsewhere is good for a year. Past that you're redoing it. You're redoing pre orientation.

The background booklet as I said...start from when you were born and list until now. Every school, every job.

Of course stuff from a previous job can hurt you lol. But you've never been fired so why worry.
What kind of stuff from a previous job can hurt you? I've had some write ups at my current job. Just wondering how much that can effect anything.

Old 04-21-2017, 12:04 AM

3,742 posts, read 6,394,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjf718 View Post
What kind of stuff from a previous job can hurt you? I've had some write ups at my current job. Just wondering how much that can effect anything.

Let's not get ridiculous here guys lol

Just write down your work history honestly and completely (get a social security report if you can't recall it all) and if you had off the book jobs in which you committed tax evasion...skip those and explain how you lived at that time. You're not getting disqualified because your boss a decade ago wrote you a warning letter for mouthing off or because your current job got upset you didn't hit a sales goal. You should know whether your work history is going to be a major problem or not I know last year someone on here got DQed for it but they mentioned they were expecting issues. In the end there's no formula that says this infraction leads to DQ what one chief at PMD might sign off on, the one the next day might DQ

And stop getting write ups mister!

Old 04-21-2017, 09:25 AM

13 posts, read 19,815 times
Quote:
The stuff you did there is good for 6 months. The stuff you had to do elsewhere is good for a year. Past that you're redoing it. You're redoing pre orientation.

The background booklet as I said...start from when you were born and list until now. Every school, every job.

Of course stuff from a previous job can hurt you lol. But you've never been fired so why worry.
For pre-orinetation, if you had filled it out last year...Do they still have the file? It would be easier to update it then to have to fill out everything all over again....

Old 04-21-2017, 09:44 AM

103 posts, read 166,686 times
Quote:
Let's not get ridiculous here guys lol

Just write down your work history honestly and completely (get a social security report if you can't recall it all) and if you had off the book jobs in which you committed tax evasion...skip those and explain how you lived at that time. You're not getting disqualified because your boss a decade ago wrote you a warning letter for mouthing off or because your current job got upset you didn't hit a sales goal. You should know whether your work history is going to be a major problem or not I know last year someone on here got DQed for it but they mentioned they were expecting issues. In the end there's no formula that says this infraction leads to DQ what one chief at PMD might sign off on, the one the next day might DQ

And stop getting write ups mister!
Yea, I've had some write ups at my current city job and some days suspended. Any chance that will effect anything?

Old 04-22-2017, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanks2Jets14 View Post
For pre-orinetation, if you had filled it out last year...Do they still have the file? It would be easier to update it then to have to fill out everything all over again....

I'm unsure...when I did it, it was an actual booklet. Now they have it on computer

Old 04-22-2017, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjf718 View Post
Yea, I've had some write ups at my current city job and some days suspended. Any chance that will effect anything?

......since you didn't read my previous answer I'll just say sure

Old 04-22-2017, 02:33 PM

37 posts, read 57,695 times
Been reading older posts. Is it still easier to land a Bronx garage out of class?

Old 04-22-2017, 07:19 PM

3,735 posts, read 3,471,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Galo View Post
Been reading older posts. Is it still easier to land a Bronx garage out of class?
Good Man. No one reads older posts which are a treasure trove of amazing information that gets asked constantly on here by lazy people who can't be bothered to do a bit of research on their own.

Sorry I can't answer your question

Old 04-22-2017, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Galo View Post

Absolutely. It's just math. On this job the majority lives on SI. Overwhelmingly. Overwhelmingly the minority live in Manhattan, specifically upper Manhattan. And out of those living in the Bronx, they tend to live east and north and those that move to outside counties are closer to east and north. South Manhattan has it's pull because it's the big city, lots of stuff going on etc. But the northern Manhattan garages and those in the South west Bronx have no such pull and just less people on the job living in those districts so people fully put in to go there as often and they get filled out of class.

The last class had 124 people placed into spots
46 into Manhattan
30 into Bronx
19 into Brooklyn North
15 into Queens West
10 into Queens East
2 woman went to the North Queens transfer station and 2 guys with hooks went to North Brooklyn Lot Cleaning

ZERO went to Brooklyn South
ZERO went to Staten Island

This isn't an aberration. Looking back this is consistently what you get every class give or take in the last five years or so. Occasionally the Bronx will get more than Manhattan or a specific Brooklyn South garage got a few but that's pretty much the ballpark to expect from the next 125

Old 04-22-2017, 09:02 PM

1,757 posts, read 2,145,735 times
The last time someone straight out of class went to SI 3 was 72 years ago. He's actually still on the job. He's waiting for the guy with 75 years on to retire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City