Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2016, 12:32 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,222,837 times

Advertisements

This city wastes so much money on this nonsense. Collection could have went out easy this morning. All you need was spreader coverage for a bullsh*t storm like this. Instead they either panic or the real reason of using the snow budget comes into play.

Everything could have been caught up and no need for full force Friday. Yea yea I get it overtime/charts/holidays=money but guess what I really don't give a f*ck anymore. I have plenty of time on and make more then enough. Time with family is way more important to me.

Yea, I seen enough winters to not care anymore. Blood money is what it is. Time to bang out sick, f*ck this...

Old 02-08-2016, 01:44 PM

22 posts, read 28,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY...DirtyStayOut View Post
This city wastes so much money on this nonsense. Collection could have went out easy this morning. All you need was spreader coverage for a bullsh*t storm like this. Instead they either panic or the real reason of using the snow budget comes into play.

Everything could have been caught up and no need for full force Friday. Yea yea I get it overtime/charts/holidays=money but guess what I really don't give a f*ck anymore. I have plenty of time on and make more then enough. Time with family is way more important to me.

Yea, I seen enough winters to not care anymore. Blood money is what it is. Time to bang out sick, f*ck this...
Damn... Ok I only got 3 years on and I though it was me......And it don't help my situation at all that 9 guys under me got tissues.

Old 02-08-2016, 02:37 PM

1,898 posts, read 2,969,807 times
AWOL, any whispering of Supv class after night plow?

Old 02-08-2016, 03:39 PM

1,757 posts, read 2,145,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikfleye3 View Post
AWOL, any whispering of Supv class after night plow?

The thirst is real...LOL

Old 02-08-2016, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanMan2k5 View Post
The thirst is real...LOL
I'm tryin to buy a house n **** man lol the thirst is def real lol

Old 02-08-2016, 06:02 PM

80 posts, read 103,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWOL AGAIN View Post
Gonna be full force Friday. Hope you had no holiday plans
As of now not full force off the holiday list within quotas.

Old 02-08-2016, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Tech 1 View Post
As of now not full force off the holiday list within quotas.
I heard they're bumping the officers quota up for Friday so they all get screwed outta OT ... 444 is horrible lol I dunno why I plan on doing this too myself lol

Old 02-08-2016, 07:07 PM

31,910 posts, read 26,979,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY...DirtyStayOut View Post

First, due to the record warm winter thus far there has been little snow or ice thus the "snow budget" is just sitting there. This feeds into....

Second NYC atm has more money pouring in than it knows what to do with; de Boob and City Council cannot think up enough pet projects fast enough to spend it all. Well they did vote themselves a fat raise, but that still leaves plenty on the table.

Finally de Boob has obviously been well schooled on the downfall of the last liberal/progressive social reform mayor (Lindsay), brought about by a snow storm. He is obviously not going down like that and since there is plenty of money in the kitty (and more where that came from) why not spend.

Unlike previous years where the City went hat in hand to the federal government asking for reimbursement due to spending funds for storms that either didn't arrive nor were bad as predicted, so far the City has no problems.

Old 02-08-2016, 07:30 PM

712 posts, read 1,207,362 times
SanWorker Union Head Applauds Clean-Up Plan SanWorker Union Head Applauds Clean-Up Plan

Mayor Increasing Collections

HARRY NESPOLI: Will help stimulate tourism.

The head of the Uniformed Sanitationmen’s Association last week praised Mayor de Blasio’s plan to double-down on cleaning up street debris and highway litter, increase pickups from curbside trash baskets, and power-wash side*walks in busy areas.

“Finally, somebody’s listening to what I’ve been saying all along,” the union’s president, Harry Nespoli, said in an interview Feb. 5 about Mr. de Blasio’s CleaNYC program. “The biggest thing in this city is tourism…We’ll show them that as big as we are, we can still keep the city clean. To me, that’s the most important thing.”

‘What People Care About’

The Mayor announced the four-part program at a press conference Feb. 3 at a sanitation garage on Spring St. in Manhattan’s West Village. “This is one of the things people care about the most,” he said. “They want their streets to be clean, they hate when they see litter on the streets, they hate when they see those baskets overflowing.”

Addressing the problem of baskets that overflow on weekends and holidays, he said, “at the beginning of the warmer weather, around April 1, we’re going to increase our Sunday and holiday basket-pickup service by 40 percent in heavily-trafficked areas. This will reach an additional 5,000 litter baskets on top of the 12,000 that we already serve.”

In areas of heavy foot traffic such as Broadway, “you have to constantly go out there and service those baskets.” Mr. Nespoli agreed.

The Mayor continued, “Sec*ond, when you’re coming off a highway or going onto a highway on a ramp, often one of the first things visitors to our city see is something we as New Yorkers see every single day—and too often those ramps and the areas around them are too dirty. So, we’re going to be sweeping an additional 100 miles of ramps each week to get rid of the litter and the debris and the leaves.”

Graffiti Guerillas

“Third, graffiti in our city requires continuing vigilance. So, we’re going to double the capacity of Graffiti-Free NYC, the city’s graffiti-removal program, allowing us to clean—this is an amazing number—40 million square feet of space every year…

“Fourth, and this is a brand-new initiative, we will scrub sidewalks along heavily-trafficked commercial corridors in all five boroughs…This newly-upgraded power-washing ability that these trucks have—we’ll use it to not only to get rid of graffiti, we’ll use it to scrub sidewalks that need it.”

He mentioned some of the streets on which the city will focus initially: Hyland Blvd. in Staten Island, Church Ave. in Brooklyn, the Flushing transit hub in Queens, the Jerome-Gun Hill Business Improvement District in The Bronx and Broadway on the Upper West Side.

“I always hear this from neighborhood residents, I hear this from small businesses,” he said, “when we have a nice, clean environment it makes everything else go better.”

Enough to Handle Load

Mr. Nespoli said that the 6,400 Sanitation Workers the city has on the payroll is enough to do the additional cleaning Mr. de Blasio is planning. He said the optimal number of workers is 7,000.

That higher number, he said, would have been enough to handle the Jan. 23 storm in which parts of Queens that got more than 30 inches were snowed in because trucks that did an initial run on some streets could not get back to them before accumulations rose to levels that slowed plowing.

Old 02-08-2016, 07:48 PM

3,742 posts, read 6,394,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikfleye3 View Post
I heard they're bumping the officers quota up for Friday so they all get screwed outta OT ... 444 is horrible lol I dunno why I plan on doing this too myself lol
Friday is a holiday...supervisors don't get paid so it doesn't make a difference
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City