Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2016, 02:58 PM

31,910 posts, read 26,989,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
When I moved into new construction (Newport, Lefrak, Jersey City) they decorated an entire floor of apartments while finishing the first 2 buildings. Every floor with 15 apartments was an exact replica of every other one. They kept the model floor open for a couple months with people strolling the halls and checking out all the layouts.

They did the same with an immense complex called Port Liberte' and another huge complex called Society Hill by Hovnanian (mostly townhouses but lots of flats and duplexes) on Newark Bay in Jersey City.

Open Houses to drum up interest in large developments were the rule rather than the exception. On a lovely Spring Sunday afternoon, doesn't it make more sense to show 200 people a floor "just because" than to waste the afternoon of a realtor to show 10 of them? "Now show me the other 6 one-bedroom layouts."
For a new empty development the first thing a developer wants is many eyes on his offering.

they've been rather quiet in terms of what they look like
Hell Up,
Yes indeed,
A floor plan on their website would not be remiss.
THat's why I am thinking "tiny."
I am HOPING for tiny because I don't want to start kicking myself in the ass for not applying.

Those units cannot be any more tiny than current shoebox sized Manhattan studios including those under RS or RC. You have persons paying anywhere from small money (rent controlled) to nearly $2k or above. Thus cannot see the size as a huge factor for many applying to this lottery. For a chance to live on the UES/Yorkville in a new construction RS apartment for <$700 per month they are beating back applicants with sticks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2016, 09:36 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,084,455 times
Those units cannot be any more tiny than current shoebox sized Manhattan studios

ANd the way to determine if that is true is to SEE them, or at least see a published floor plan. THat is my hope.

Old 05-10-2016, 09:38 AM

36 posts, read 38,328 times
I see a bunch of floorplans published on their website already.

Old 05-10-2016, 09:43 AM

Hmmm,
Cannot edit my post of a couple minutes ago.

Anyways: HOORAY, some floor plans.
StreetEasy: The Easton at 205 East 92nd St. in Yorkville - Floorplans | StreetEasy

Not sure if you need to be registered with StreetEasy to see them. Let me know.
<Gorgeous 4 bedroom at $19K/month.
1 bedrooms (look like 725 sq. feet at $4800)
Looks like no studios?

Seems they may have rented 8 apartments.

Last edited by Kefir King; 05-10-2016 at 09:52 AM..

Old 05-10-2016, 09:50 AM

Relateds website should be more updated and have a lot more info.

Old 05-10-2016, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyName1234 View Post
Relateds website should be more updated and have a lot more info.

Not really.

Old 05-10-2016, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Not really.
You think a 3rd party website that has to be manually updated by the brokers at Related is more accurate and up to date then their own website that gets updated internally?

Old 05-11-2016, 08:32 AM

Quote:
You think a 3rd party website that has to be manually updated by the brokers at Related is more accurate and up to date then their own website that gets updated internally?

Depends on that the developer wants to disclose and what he wants to hide.
A developer might want to show you one apartment and make it sound like it's the LAST one so you'd better act fast, when in fact he may have 200 vacancies. As a matterof fact, that's exactly what the Realated site looks like its doing.

Street Easy has no such axe to grind.

Related shows ONE 1-bedrppm floor plan. EasyStreet.com has several. Check them out.

Last edited by Kefir King; 05-11-2016 at 08:44 AM..

Old 05-11-2016, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Depends on that the developer wants to disclose and what he wants to hide.
A developer might want to show you one apartment and make it sound like it's the LAST one so you'd better act fast, when in fact he may have 200 vacancies. As a matterof fact, that's exactly what the Realated site looks like its doing.

Street Easy has no such axe to grind.

Related shows ONE 1-bedrppm floor plan. EasyStreet.com has several. Check them out.
Management/brokers are the ones that post to Streeteasy. It's just like Craigslist except they have to post address's. No vetting process.

Old 05-11-2016, 02:45 PM

31,910 posts, read 26,989,302 times
Quote:
Management/brokers are the ones that post to Streeteasy. It's just like Craigslist except they have to post address's. No vetting process.

Thank you.

Streeteasy has no access to such information other than what seller/property owner provides. Their only other major source just as with other such RE websites is what is public information. So unless those floor plans were printed on the Internet somewhere unrestricted, they came from the developer/owner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City