Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2015, 06:28 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,350,131 times

Advertisements

This thread escalated mighty quickly I must say... Lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2015, 07:04 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
Wake up. It is using everyone.

And "black people" are not responsible for voting in whoever this moment's target is.

It's great that these points-of-view are out there. At least somebody will wake up .... as they observe.
"White people" are pretty damn clueless as well. Just not quite at the "no need to even think about who I'm voting for level" as "black people."

Old 12-24-2015, 07:19 PM

2,678 posts, read 1,701,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Brown View Post
TPTB have been running that con game on everyday white people in this country for a long time and the vast majority fall for it each and everytime. That's why you will keep seeing 20 page threads on the "black man/violence" issue (even though the city is currently safer now than 40-50 years ago when you had a majority of poor whites committing violent street crimes) and you won't see nothing on the WHITE collar crimes that are destroying all of us irregardless of race/economic class. Doesn't matter anyway because its the 4th quarter and we just hit the 2 minute warning for the declining global Caucasian "set", check the steady declining birth rates your time...is...almost...up.

Don't shoot the messenger lol...
EXACTLY. Repped.

Old 12-24-2015, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
You psychically know what the Black population is thinking?

Wow, since you KNOW so much why don't you go into the ghetto, give them a few words of wisdom and all their problems will be solved.

After all you claim to know everything.

The Black population is 13% of the nation's population at best. It really doesn't matter what way Blacks vote, elections ARE NOT DETERMINED by the Black vote ALONE at both the state and national levels (outside of a few districts perhaps).

The current Congress is Republican and NYC had 20 years of Republican mayoralship. Did having Republicans in control erase ghettoes? Not at all.

So I really don't know what you're talking about.

Btw you had SLUMS long before anti poverty and welfare programs existed, and you seem to be unaware of this.
I've had discussions with both ghetto people and white trash. In one ear, out the other.

And most Republicans are no better either, particularly those in NY. They both want to have full control over the people, whether through welfare programs or crony capitalism. There really is little difference between Clinton or Bush.

As per NYC, one can argue that Guiliani made the slums of this city better off. Pre-Guiliani would you have ever thought that people would actually choose and want to live in Bushwick?

Old 12-24-2015, 09:31 PM

1,998 posts, read 1,883,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Brown View Post
its the 4th quarter and we just hit the 2 minute warning for the declining global Caucasian "set", check the steady declining birth rates your time...is...almost...up.
You can say the same for the black community, with the rise of Asian and Hispanic population.

Quote:
A shrinking black population puts many of our age-old strategies for success at risk, since black power has always come from maintaining political majorities in cities like Washington, D.C., being a crucial voting bloc, or acquiring federal or private investment after a census. The community will have to develop new strategies for this new, smaller-demographic reality.

Old 12-25-2015, 01:38 AM

99 posts, read 144,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
Mostly because there are a lot of black people in this city, and most crime in this city is committed by black people. That's what hits the airwaves. You'll probably have to tame the criminals and the media covering their acts to limit the discussion.
I find several things VERY interesting about your response.

1) You answered a question that was specifically directed to ANOTHER forum member. That question was:
" What is the cause of your obsession with the NEGRO? "
-This is interesting to me because it proved that you do in fact have some type of 'obsession' (which is a very STRONG word) with the negro. Otherwise why would you be so compelled to even answer ? After all, the question was not directed to you...you jumped on it as if you felt the need to defend yourself. Im just curious.

2) Poverty BREEDS crime. Neither race or ethnicity plays a factor. I do not know if statistically your statement is correct however you stating this is equivalent of Donald Trump saying "most mexicans are rapist and petty thieves". If you included the *keyword* "POOR" black people i would have easily dismissed it but something about the way it sounded rubbed me the wrong way.

3) "That's what hits the airwaves" - Since 2013 corporate media admit its own reports are nothing more than the government-controlled talking points and not the product of a free and open press. Keep in mind they openly admitted this in 2013 only because we -the outraged citizens- pressured them into it. I use the 'deep net' and 'dark net' for unfiltered sources of information however i urge you to please do some research on "Operation Mockingbird". Dont expect to get anything 'juicy' from a simple google search either because guess who controls that company too ? Yep. The 'govamint'.

Watch the 5 o'clock news and flip through the primetime channels cbs, abc , fox, nbc, upn, pix11 and you will not only see the same exact 'top stories' but even the petty things such as Kim Kardashian creating an emoji app for mobile phones. The commercial paid avertising even comes on at the same exact time. Flip through the channels and see for yourself. If channel 5 has a commercial playing channel 7 will have one on at the exact time ! coincidence?

Ask yourself how come not one news outlet covered the "Million Man March 2015" ?
A peaceful protest and conference organized by the Nation Of Islam and Minister Louis Farrahkhan. Over 1 million BLACK MEN and women + MUSLIMS at the same event standing in solidarity and speaking as a unified group.

No violence ? no suicide bomber ? Booooooring. Thats not 'news worthy'. They did not even offer 'highlights' of the event. They did not even acknowledge the event TOOK PLACE.

Ask yourself WHY ?
What was discussed at this event that "they" dont want you to know ? Was covering the Miss America pageant more important ?

The BET network (B.lack E.ntertainment T.elevision) did not even cover it !! Why should they? BET might have cared a few years ago BEFORE they were bought out by Viacom. Viacom is the same company that owns CBS. American media is FAKE.
2015 Million Man March: Social Media Reacts to Minimal Coverage by Mainstream News Outlets - The Root

The sooner you accept this hard truth, the sooner you will learn to question everything and really be awoken and FORCED to think for yourself. The media will only depict the negative aspects of 'news' for ratings in competition with other networks.

Artist Nasir Jones had to get over 100,000 signatures on a petition because they wanted to BAN his song ("Sly Fox"-seen here- https://youtu.be/T6Uqk3fxFEs) and they in fact suceeded. His record label did not allow him to release this as a single and threatened to pull his album off shelves or better yet not release it !! He eventually released it to YouTube. But does'nt this make you wonder ? Why are they trying to ban a song called "Sly Fox" where he is speaking truth about Fox News but they have no problem releasing and promoting his classic christmas carol parody "Shoot'Em Up"?

https://youtu.be/Hj_cvdcI9cI
^^
Nas Ether's Bill O'Reilly & Fox News

Old 12-25-2015, 06:32 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,986,996 times
Quote:
I've had discussions with both ghetto people and white trash. In one ear, out the other.

And most Republicans are no better either, particularly those in NY. They both want to have full control over the people, whether through welfare programs or crony capitalism. There really is little difference between Clinton or Bush.

As per NYC, one can argue that Guiliani made the slums of this city better off. Pre-Guiliani would you have ever thought that people would actually choose and want to live in Bushwick?
Now you just sound like a crazy person, ranting points that have no connection to each other.

Bushwick was still a bad neighborhood under Giuliani. Manhattan became unaffordable to many young people (Giuliani certainly did change public perception of NYC and that helped bring in more people) and Brooklyn got spillover until places like Williamsburg became more expensive than Manhattan at times. So that lead real estate investors to buy out places in Bushwick and Bedstuy and buyout or evict the Section 8 and other poor tenants. Making room for wealthier people.

Old 12-25-2015, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHateNYPD View Post
I find several things VERY interesting about your response.

1) You answered a question that was specifically directed to ANOTHER forum member. That question was:
" What is the cause of your obsession with the NEGRO? "
-This is interesting to me because it proved that you do in fact have some type of 'obsession' (which is a very STRONG word) with the negro. Otherwise why would you be so compelled to even answer ? After all, the question was not directed to you...you jumped on it as if you felt the need to defend yourself. Im just curious.

2) Poverty BREEDS crime. Neither race or ethnicity plays a factor. I do not know if statistically your statement is correct however you stating this is equivalent of Donald Trump saying "most mexicans are rapist and petty thieves". If you included the *keyword* "POOR" black people i would have easily dismissed it but something about the way it sounded rubbed me the wrong way.

3) "That's what hits the airwaves" - Since 2013 corporate media admit its own reports are nothing more than the government-controlled talking points and not the product of a free and open press. Keep in mind they openly admitted this in 2013 only because we -the outraged citizens- pressured them into it. I use the 'deep net' and 'dark net' for unfiltered sources of information however i urge you to please do some research on "Operation Mockingbird". Dont expect to get anything 'juicy' from a simple google search either because guess who controls that company too ? Yep. The 'govamint'.

Watch the 5 o'clock news and flip through the primetime channels cbs, abc , fox, nbc, upn, pix11 and you will not only see the same exact 'top stories' but even the petty things such as Kim Kardashian creating an emoji app for mobile phones. The commercial paid avertising even comes on at the same exact time. Flip through the channels and see for yourself. If channel 5 has a commercial playing channel 7 will have one on at the exact time ! coincidence?

Ask yourself how come not one news outlet covered the "Million Man March 2015" ?
A peaceful protest and conference organized by the Nation Of Islam and Minister Louis Farrahkhan. Over 1 million BLACK MEN and women + MUSLIMS at the same event standing in solidarity and speaking as a unified group.

No violence ? no suicide bomber ? Booooooring. Thats not 'news worthy'. They did not even offer 'highlights' of the event. They did not even acknowledge the event TOOK PLACE.

Ask yourself WHY ?
What was discussed at this event that "they" dont want you to know ? Was covering the Miss America pageant more important ?

The BET network (B.lack E.ntertainment T.elevision) did not even cover it !! Why should they? BET might have cared a few years ago BEFORE they were bought out by Viacom. Viacom is the same company that owns CBS. American media is FAKE.
2015 Million Man March: Social Media Reacts to Minimal Coverage by Mainstream News Outlets - The Root

The sooner you accept this hard truth, the sooner you will learn to question everything and really be awoken and FORCED to think for yourself. The media will only depict the negative aspects of 'news' for ratings in competition with other networks.

Artist Nasir Jones had to get over 100,000 signatures on a petition because they wanted to BAN his song ("Sly Fox"-seen here- https://youtu.be/T6Uqk3fxFEs) and they in fact suceeded. His record label did not allow him to release this as a single and threatened to pull his album off shelves or better yet not release it !! He eventually released it to YouTube. But does'nt this make you wonder ? Why are they trying to ban a song called "Sly Fox" where he is speaking truth about Fox News but they have no problem releasing and promoting his classic christmas carol parody "Shoot'Em Up"?

https://youtu.be/Hj_cvdcI9cI
^^
Nas Ether's Bill O'Reilly & Fox News
For the most part, it sounds like we're in agreement.

Old 12-25-2015, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Now you just sound like a crazy person, ranting points that have no connection to each other.

Bushwick was still a bad neighborhood under Giuliani. Manhattan became unaffordable to many young people (Giuliani certainly did change public perception of NYC and that helped bring in more people) and Brooklyn got spillover until places like Williamsburg became more expensive than Manhattan at times. So that lead real estate investors to buy out places in Bushwick and Bedstuy and buyout or evict the Section 8 and other poor tenants. Making room for wealthier people.
I'm pretty sure if we took a poll here on CD that you'd clearly come out as the clear winner of most craziest person.

Old 12-25-2015, 08:31 PM

34,098 posts, read 47,316,181 times
Quote:
I don't care if you think I'm a racist. But I know you don't realize the fact that black people overwhelming voting one way pretty much all the time is doing no good for many of those that have that same racial makeup as the black voter. Sorry if the truth bothers you, but what should bother you even more is that you vote in a way that removes the freedoms from others. The black population is brainwashed into thinking that a large controlling central government is the only means to living, even if that way of living is subpar compared to that of others. This control they have over you will never lift you out of poverty, that is for sure. But a government that can concentrate on the necessities, such as education, can.
Answer me this - how are you (GDale is not black) know so much about the Black Race? Exactly how long have you been studying us?

/thread

And you answer me back. Be a man. Because you are making inferences, like any inference, that must be backed up with observation, otherwise to make such statements without reasoning or data collection is foolish. So how long have you been studying us?

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City