Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2016, 01:40 PM

2,625 posts, read 3,416,790 times

Advertisements

To the OP:

If you don't like what you move into in Florida, simply move to another apartment or house somewhere else in that same locale or some other locate in Florida. Florida likely has an abundance of housing which is lower-cost (even notably lower-cost than you can find in NYC). For all we know, you may not even have to use Section 8 housing there if your housing is low-cost enough or, even if you transfer Section 8 there to Florida, you can look for Section 8-accepting apartments that are not in outright housing projects.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2016, 02:22 PM

3,953 posts, read 5,081,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsAll View Post
To the OP:

If you don't like what you move into in Florida, simply move to another apartment or house somewhere else in that same locale or some other locate in Florida. Florida likely has an abundance of housing which is lower-cost (even notably lower-cost than you can find in NYC). For all we know, you may not even have to use Section 8 housing there if your housing is low-cost enough or, even if you transfer Section 8 there to Florida, you can look for Section 8-accepting apartments that are not in outright housing projects.
The OP has Section 8 on a NYCHA Apt. - I believe she posted elsewhere she paid about $400 for a 3 Bedroom. She will never, even in the backwoods of Florida, get a similar deal.

She's posted in Florida forums as well. Sad plight-- but essentially this woman has big dreams, but is far too poor to ever leave the public-handout city. Even worse, she has two children who will never be able to escape that poverty either.

Old 01-31-2016, 02:43 PM

3,960 posts, read 3,601,532 times
It's sad when people want to game the system, when that system was designed for truly needy/homeless/poor people without options

I know someone on "disability" (Is it me or does it seem like everyone and their brother is "on disability" these days? Even CHILDREN are "on disability" nowadays, and last I heard, children don't work or earn an income anyway!) who is capable of returning to work but doesn't want to because "all the money I earn would only go toward paying my bills".!!!

Well, yes, that's generally how life works: we work a job in order to pay our bills and be self-sufficient!
If we are very very lucky, we earn enough to save a bit or do some fun/luxury/not necessary activities.
But mostly, yes, just to pay our bills!

What has happened to our society?

Old 01-31-2016, 06:41 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,242,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoshanarose View Post

I worked with a girl who grew up in public housing. Her mom gamed the system and lived there will getting cash on the side and bought a house yet still kept her public assistance. The girl I know is in her mid 30's and has such an entitlement that she deserves everything for free from the state and feels her mom did nothing wrong. So sadly what her mom did was being passed down to her daughter. Which I think is what happens with some. What ever happened to rise up and do better than your parents did? I know my family for generations have lived by that.

Old 01-31-2016, 08:28 PM

1,369 posts, read 1,254,723 times
This is call, laziness and greedy.

Old 01-31-2016, 10:16 PM

2,496 posts, read 1,874,117 times
Apparently Florida's loss is NYC's (re)gain because she is now posting on another board that she's staying in NY (apparently her NYCHA apartment isn't all that bad after all). She posts under so many names on so many boards it's no wonder she can't keep her story straight.

Old 02-01-2016, 04:08 AM

544 posts, read 1,238,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoshanarose View Post
It's sad when people want to game the system, when that system was designed for truly needy/homeless/poor people without options

I know someone on "disability" (Is it me or does it seem like everyone and their brother is "on disability" these days? Even CHILDREN are "on disability" nowadays, and last I heard, children don't work or earn an income anyway!) who is capable of returning to work but doesn't want to because "all the money I earn would only go toward paying my bills".!!!

Well, yes, that's generally how life works: we work a job in order to pay our bills and be self-sufficient!
If we are very very lucky, we earn enough to save a bit or do some fun/luxury/not necessary activities.
But mostly, yes, just to pay our bills!

so true, my child's father suddenly went on disability hoping to get rid of child support.. nope, doesn't work that way in NY lol.. plus if ur able to work and found not 100 percent disabled, the government will tell you get a job to supplement their ss check. My child receives a ss check based off his disability, but yes, plenty of people do scam the system and then there are those that are too stupid to research before trying to scam .

Old 02-01-2016, 05:28 AM

106,729 posts, read 108,937,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamary1 View Post
Apparently Florida's loss is NYC's (re)gain because she is now posting on another board that she's staying in NY (apparently her NYCHA apartment isn't all that bad after all). She posts under so many names on so many boards it's no wonder she can't keep her story straight.
maybe she is in the witness protection program ha ha

Old 02-02-2016, 08:57 PM

205 posts, read 246,929 times
what a leech

Old 02-02-2016, 09:04 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,669,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justlikecandee View Post
Can I pay my rent here at nycha/section 8 while I live in florida ?
Nope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City