Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2016, 11:43 AM

13 posts, read 18,522 times

Advertisements

Thank you for the information. I am still checking out the train schedule. I live in Lyndhurst, NJ now (Kingsland is the nearest train station to my place). What I concern most is the train schedule to Philadelphia because I need to arrive at my office around 9ish. There are many stops in the Northeast Corridor Line and I am afraid there would be delay. For taking bus, it seems that it is almost a non stop drive heading to Philadelphia.

I took mega bus to NYC before. When I take the bus from Philadelphia to New York, it stops at 7 Av and W 28 St. However, I do not remember if they stop at 7 ave and w 28 st for trips to Philadelphia, other than the one on 34th street. Do you have any information on that? Thank you!

Do you mind further explaining "since Penn Station is between 7th and 8th Avenue as opposed to 6th Avenue like the PATH station"? Very new to the train system in NJ and NYC Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmatechamp13 View Post
If you take the Bergen County Line, you can take it to Secaucus, catch the NJT Northeast Corridor Line to Trenton, and then catch the SEPTA Trenton Line (R7) to Philadelphia.

Or you can go to Secaucus, take any train to NY Penn Station, and then walk one block less to the MegaBus station (since Penn Station is between 7th and 8th Avenue as opposed to 6th Avenue like the PATH station)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2016, 11:57 AM

Thank you for all of your information. When I come from Lyndhurst, NJ (nearest train station is Kingsland), what is the most time saving way for me to get to Mega Bus stop on 34th street to take bus to Philadelphia?

I found that there is 190, 192 bus arriving at Port Authority Bus Terminal, from there, I can most probably take the 7 train to 34th St. Hudson Yards (Learnt from Popartist in this post). But my place is not close to 190 or 192 bus stop in Lyndhurst, NJ. There is no parking lot nearby and I do not know where to leave my car if I drive to the bus stop. So, the possibility of taking the bus to NYC and then take mega bus to Philadelphia is quite low.

Considering another way taking the train from Secaucus to Penn Station, I need to spend 15 mins walking (maybe longer if it is in hot days) to the mega bus stop at 34th St b/t 11th Ave and 12th Ave.

Any suggestions appreciated!

Old 08-12-2016, 12:30 PM

1,253 posts, read 1,566,959 times
How about just taking the Boltbus from Newark's Penn station to Philly.

Old 08-12-2016, 02:02 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,247,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpie View Post
Thank you for all of your information. When I come from Lyndhurst, NJ (nearest train station is Kingsland), what is the most time saving way for me to get to Mega Bus stop on 34th street to take bus to Philadelphia?

I found that there is 190, 192 bus arriving at Port Authority Bus Terminal, from there, I can most probably take the 7 train to 34th St. Hudson Yards (Learnt from Popartist in this post). But my place is not close to 190 or 192 bus stop in Lyndhurst, NJ. There is no parking lot nearby and I do not know where to leave my car if I drive to the bus stop. So, the possibility of taking the bus to NYC and then take mega bus to Philadelphia is quite low.

Considering another way taking the train from Secaucus to Penn Station, I need to spend 15 mins walking (maybe longer if it is in hot days) to the mega bus stop at 34th St b/t 11th Ave and 12th Ave.

Any suggestions appreciated!
If you have a car, why don't you just drive? All the different modes of transporting will have you spending a lot of time.

Old 08-12-2016, 06:44 PM

Thank you! I never think of this route.
However, they seem to provide afternoon service only

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonsence View Post
How about just taking the Boltbus from Newark's Penn station to Philly.

Old 08-18-2016, 02:10 AM

43,733 posts, read 44,495,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by popartist View Post
Actually the way better subway option would be the 7 train from 42nd/Port Authority one stop to 34th St. Hudson Yards - that leaves one right at 11th Ave. and the Megabus stop. Either that or walking would be best, forget about the bus.
I second this suggestion!

Old 08-18-2016, 05:42 AM

1,253 posts, read 1,566,959 times
M34A select bus service goes from Port Authority to the megabus stop.

Old 08-29-2016, 08:20 PM

3,921 posts, read 9,137,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonsence View Post
M34A select bus service goes from Port Authority to the megabus stop.
No, it's two separate branches. The M34 serves the MegaBus stop. The M34A serves the PABT. Both of them head east towards the FDR Drive.

Old 08-30-2016, 10:50 AM

977 posts, read 569,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpie View Post
Thank you for the information. I am still checking out the train schedule. I live in Lyndhurst, NJ now (Kingsland is the nearest train station to my place). What I concern most is the train schedule to Philadelphia because I need to arrive at my office around 9ish. There are many stops in the Northeast Corridor Line and I am afraid there would be delay. For taking bus, it seems that it is almost a non stop drive heading to Philadelphia.

I took mega bus to NYC before. When I take the bus from Philadelphia to New York, it stops at 7 Av and W 28 St. However, I do not remember if they stop at 7 ave and w 28 st for trips to Philadelphia, other than the one on 34th street. Do you have any information on that? Thank you!

Do you mind further explaining "since Penn Station is between 7th and 8th Avenue as opposed to 6th Avenue like the PATH station"? Very new to the train system in NJ and NYC Thanks again!
There may delays associated with the NEC line stops, but there also are potential delays with Megabus sitting in traffic during morning rush hours in TWO cities. It's more expensive, and I don't know your budget for transportation, but Amtrak offers frequent NE Regional trains from either Newark Penn Station or New York Penn Station. The trip takes under two hours. Maybe Amtrak for AM commute and SEPTA/NJT for the PM when you aren't as concerned about time? (assuming you don't want to pay the extra for Amtrak both ways)

Old 09-05-2016, 07:27 PM

9,776 posts, read 7,497,653 times
I'd forget about the Megabus entirely and just NJ Transit into Penn Station and than get on Amtrak to Philly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City