Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 06:50 PM

478 posts, read 780,556 times

Advertisements

"...need to be humanely euthanized..."

----------------------------------------------------

Well if the state decided that I was to be euthanized, I would certainly hope that the euthanizers and their supporters would think of their action as "humane."
And I could see the whole process getting a new label -- instead of "euthanized," a person will have been given "humane care." The place of euthanization would be called the "Humane Care Center."
But then again the right wingers may object to public monies going towards this kind of welfare project. Perhaps the families of those receiving "humane care" would be expected to pay for the "service." And too of course the cost of the funeral and burial.
And think of the power wielded by those who get to decide who is declared "eligible" for humane care? That could lead to interesting scenarios.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2016, 11:30 PM

387 posts, read 364,503 times
Notice any similarities in all the recent pushing cases? All involve blacks pushing Asians and then getting shuffled around in the justice system. NYC liberals are the first to accuse others of racism 'cause they're guilty of it themselves.

Old 11-09-2016, 11:34 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,575,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesRamon View Post
Notice any similarities in all the recent pushing cases? All involve blacks pushing Asians and then getting shuffled around in the justice system. NYC liberals are the first to accuse others of racism 'cause they're guilty of it themselves.
The victim's name doesn't sound Asian to me.

Either way, it's horrible that this happened and you should not be racebaiting.

Old 11-09-2016, 11:38 PM

She was married to a white dude. It's really hard to ignore this commonality among all the cases.

Old 11-10-2016, 01:15 AM

12,200 posts, read 7,298,304 times
So the latest victim was also Asian too?

I notice that Asians don't ever get into arguments with people. Usually mind their own business and let things go even when they've been wronged.

For example, I witnessed recently there was an older Asian lady and a black woman pushing a stroller on a PATH train both going for the same empty seat. The Asian lady was a step ahead of the black woman and sat down on the seat but the black woman got upset and loudly yelled at the Asian eventhough she got the seat fair and square. When the black woman continued with her angry rant, the Asian woman just got up and gave her the seat. Mind you the Asian was older (looked like > 60 years old) and the black woman was much younger (20's).

Last edited by antinimby; 11-10-2016 at 01:23 AM..

Old 11-10-2016, 01:29 AM

2,679 posts, read 1,714,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesRamon View Post
no other poster actually brought up anyone's race except you. So blacks like pushing people onto trains thats what you want to say...interesting also how most of the EMT (who work and have jobs) I see removing the body from the station are black.

I remember earlier this year a latino pushed a young girl onto a 7 train luckily she didnt get hit..the driver hit the emergency brake.

Old 11-10-2016, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
no other poster actually brought up anyone's race except you. So blacks like pushing people onto trains thats what you want to say...interesting also how most of the EMT (who work and have jobs) I see removing the body from the station are black.

I remember earlier this year a latino pushed a young girl onto a 7 train luckily she didnt get hit..the driver hit the emergency brake.
I'm not sure if that guy is Hispanic, his name is George Pautt

Man arrested in connection to pushing teen in front of 7 train in Queens | New York's PIX11 / WPIX-TV

And it seemed like she survived via her quick thinking, thankfully she was able to position herself away from the train.

Last edited by l1995; 11-10-2016 at 02:00 AM..

Old 11-10-2016, 10:52 AM

Four cases where people were pushed to their deaths and all you can guys can do is get defensive. Admit it, many many blacks are very racist, particularly toward Asians. I experienced a lot of it in NYC when I was just minding my own business.

Old 11-11-2016, 01:20 AM

1,927 posts, read 1,917,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Wouldn't it be more accurate that it's because the right wingers have cut back on programs that care for and give shelter to the mentally ill?
No, that would not be "more accurate." Here in California, it was the ACLU that sued for the rights of the mentally ill to not be committed to asylums against their will.

That was decades ago, but the New Left was very anti-mental health care in the 1960s and 1970s.

You recall the 1962 novel and 1975 film, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Fl...27s_Nest_(film) The book/novel pretty much sums up the attitude of New Left activists toward psychiatry -- that asylums were medieval torture chambers, and that nobody should be committed against their will.

The 1961 book, The Myth of Mental Illness, also inspired such thinking: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_My...Mental_Illness

Sorry that you can't blame "right-wingers" and their budget cuts for this incident. I know how important blaming the right-wing is to you.

Old 11-11-2016, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema Cat View Post
No, that would not be "more accurate." Here in California, it was the ACLU that sued for the rights of the mentally ill to not be committed to asylums against their will.

That was decades ago, but the New Left was very anti-mental health care in the 1960s and 1970s.

You recall the 1962 novel and 1975 film, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Fl...27s_Nest_(film) The book/novel pretty much sums up the attitude of New Left activists toward psychiatry -- that asylums were medieval torture chambers, and that nobody should be committed against their will.

The 1961 book, The Myth of Mental Illness, also inspired such thinking: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_My...Mental_Illness

Sorry that you can't blame "right-wingers" and their budget cuts for this incident. I know how important blaming the right-wing is to you.
I think it's a way more complex issue than "left vs right".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City