Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2016, 11:31 AM

1,015 posts, read 1,200,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
I'm not concerned about civil unrest coming as a result of Trump. But yes, I most certainly think it will be here eventually. It has much more to do with the concerning debt level we have and the serious income inequality situation we are in. Oh, and the people with the guns are in the red states. You and me will be goners, but not because the color of our skin or our sexual orientation. It'll be because we come from the greedy blue states.
People in the cities are armed as well, have you and Airborne Guy ever been to my ghetto? Many many people have guns and are desperate, unemployed or underemployed, poor, faces racism, growing povery, malnutrition, homelessness, foreclosures, evictions, etc... this is why so many shootings happen in ghettos across America. the ghetto is pressure cooker that can explode at any second as we saw in Ferguson and Baltimore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2016, 11:33 AM

I don't think there will civil war, by civil unrest I mean massive protests that paralyze the economy... I think many of the working class whites in the red states will join with their black brothers and sisters in the ghettos when they see how bad Trumps program is for them after he lowers the wages, lowers taxes on the rich, gets rid of housing subsidies, public schools, social security, etc... poor whites rely on this too I think they'll realize they've been duped

Old 12-23-2016, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Can't wait! Bring it on pink brigade. We will annihilate you if you "rise up". This may actually make living in this moment of history worth it. Oh man I'm excited now.

You losers are in for a rude awakening when you realize that twitter is not real power and blogging vociferously will not save you from an accurate and effectively administered volley of fire. All this talk of revolution is exactly what I want to hear. Let's get this show on the road.
I definitely am not advocating violence. I am talking about peaceful protest. Let us be clear you are calling for domestic terrorism and I am calling for peaceful protest. I am am in no way associated with your violence

Old 12-23-2016, 11:45 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,332,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogeyDownDweller View Post
We are not talking about simple record-keeping here. We are talking about big government watch lists and identification cards. Bright yellow Jewish stars on the jackets of German Jews as the concentration camps were prepared. One Trump surrogate has already even used use of internment camps as precedent for these lists during an interview with Megyn Kelly on Fox News recently.

As I said before, Hitler never informed the German people he would build concentration camps. He just said he would make lists of the Jews to watch. Trump is following a very similar program because both Trump and Hitler knew that they wouldn't win the elections if they went that far during the campaign.
I think you'll need to provide a better link to support your claims then.

Old 12-23-2016, 11:49 AM

19,076 posts, read 14,017,666 times
I'm advocating for a gleeful and joyous response to leftist violence when the time comes.

Old 12-23-2016, 11:52 AM

Quote:
People in the cities are armed as well, have you and Airborne Guy ever been to my ghetto? Many many people have guns and are desperate, unemployed or underemployed, poor, faces racism, growing povery, malnutrition, homelessness, foreclosures, evictions, etc... this is why so many shootings happen in ghettos across America. the ghetto is pressure cooker that can explode at any second as we saw in Ferguson and Baltimore.
They are not as well armed. But either way, why do you live in the ghetto? Did Trump put you there? Or did liberal policy place and keep you confined to those living conditions? I'm not sure you're blaming the right people. There must be someone locally that you can hold accountable, no?

Old 12-23-2016, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
They are not as well armed. But either way, why do you live in the ghetto? Did Trump put you there? Or did liberal policy place and keep you confined to those living conditions? I'm not sure you're blaming the right people. There must be someone locally that you can hold accountable, no?
Because the bosses don't pay living wages, because the greedy landlords have raised the rent so high working class people cannot afford to live else where. Because the private for profit healthcare system makes my medical bills so high. And yes because greedy billionaires like Trump get off paying less taxes then I do, which means that social programs are underfunded. The policies of the left are the only respite for working people. My union that makes sure I have good healthcare coverage and job protections, housing subsidies from HUD help me avoid eviction, social security will help me live when I retire, public universities so I can advance myself.

Old 12-24-2016, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Because the bosses don't pay living wages, because the greedy landlords have raised the rent so high working class people cannot afford to live else where. Because the private for profit healthcare system makes my medical bills so high. And yes because greedy billionaires like Trump get off paying less taxes then I do, which means that social programs are underfunded. The policies of the left are the only respite for working people. My union that makes sure I have good healthcare coverage and job protections, housing subsidies from HUD help me avoid eviction, social security will help me live when I retire, public universities so I can advance myself.
Then find a new job, and find a new apartment. Forget about the conservative practices of the union simply protecting your redundant job, instead get them to actually train you for the future. Make them work for those fees they collect. I owe you nothing. The only thing we'll agree on is that the wealthy should pay more taxes. I'll take it a step further and say that income should be capped. But at the end of the day it is the government that is creating the hidden inflation that makes life so difficult for ordinary man. There are only so many ways money can be spent. And when someone else is spending someone else's money for someone else's consumption, it becomes increasingly exponentially inefficient. You end up with a raw deal from these government administered programs than what you could otherwise receive in a free world. It will eventually collapse, and you'll be left with absolutely nothing. Forget about retirement.

Old 12-24-2016, 06:19 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,247,154 times
Quote:
Those "greedy landlords" can raise the rent so high because there's a market out there for those high rents. Why should they not ask for higher rents? So they can make less and just live on the pleasure of having you live in their property? Of course if you were the landlord, you wouldn't do the same thing, right?

As for why there's a market for those high rents in the first place? Yup, have you noticed that most if not all liberal-run cities are all very expensive? NYC, San Francisco, Boston, Seattle, Los Angeles, etc. Meanwhile, it's the red states and the cities in them that are affordable and where people in the blue states are running to, North Carolina, Georgia, Arizona, Texas, etc. It's no coincidence.

(BTW, here we are just recently talking about it: //www.city-data.com/forum/new-y...r-liberal.html)

The reason why liberal cities are expensive is because they enact policies of exclusion, i.e. restrictive and tight zoning. Have you ever wondered why there are very few tall skyscrapers in Manhattan outside of Midtown and Lower Manhattan and almost none built in the modern times? It's because the liberals in those neighborhoods fight to get the city to downzone everything. Even in places where there are some skyscraper activity, i.e. UWS, UES, there are tight restrictions and height limits.

The city WOULD NOT have an affordability problem if it lifted the tight zoning in Manhattan alone. That one single move alone would bring prices down in the other four boroughs. Professional people that come to live in NYC want to live in Manhattan but since many can't afford Manhattan, they are forced to go looking at the other boroughs, thus creating a larger market there and that's why your "greedy landlord" can raise the rents so very high.

Old 12-24-2016, 06:35 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,247,154 times
Yup, here is a perfect example of what I was talking about: //www.city-data.com/forum/new-y...sive-live.html

Multiply this by tens of thousands over the course of a year, every year and you can see why it has repercussions for the whole region. Hell, even NJ rents and real estate prices have skyrocket because of all the displaced NY'ers trying to escape the NYC high cost of living.

And BTW, besides the higher rents, I have noticed more NY plates on the roads of NJ these past few years and I'm not the only one either: //www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...-nj-roads.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City