Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2017, 07:03 PM

15 posts, read 27,856 times

Advertisements

^^^Same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2017, 08:49 AM

189 posts, read 287,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGuy99 View Post
Anyone currently a court revenue assistant? I have my interviews this week and am trying to figure out which is the best location to work at. Particularly interested in manhattan, Brooklyn, and Queens for civil, criminal, county clerks and surrogates courts. Which location is the least stressful. I've heard Manhattan county clerks office and Brooklyn civil, especially housing, is horrible???

How did the interview go???? what county?

Old 04-12-2017, 12:04 PM

43 posts, read 100,436 times
Has anyone been hired off this list yet? How did the interviews go?

Old 04-17-2017, 05:09 PM

100 posts, read 176,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plbplb View Post
How did the interview go???? what county?
The only county I chose was NYC so all my interviews were within the 5 NYC boroughs.
As for the interviews, not so good. I've already gone on 5 interviews got back rejection letters for 3 so far and don't expect to hear back from the other 2 since it's been almost a month. I have another interviewing coming up so hoping for the best. At this point I'm not going to be picky and would be glad to be placed in any court. The competition is fierce. Every interview I've been on there's a small group of people outside in the waiting area. Faces are starting to look familiar every time I go for an interview. Most of the interviews I've gone on there's 1 or 2 available positions for that certain court so the odds are stacked against me/you. Most courts only have 1 cashier station with 2 windows so it's not like there's that many positions available throughout the system. Besides, some courts have different titles man the cashier station so they really don't have to hire from this list, I would imagine. All my rambling/update is for the promotional list by the way so I have no idea what's going on with the open competitive list.

Old 04-17-2017, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by COA2017 View Post
Has anyone been hired off this list yet? How did the interviews go?
I know of at least 2 people hired off the promotional list. I'm sure more have been hired since I've gotten rejection letters for interviews I've been on.
How did the interviews go? (see above) lol

Again, no idea what's going on with the open competitive list.

Old 04-17-2017, 05:17 PM

plbplb and Cee_Jay, you guys on the open competitive list right? Did you get any interviews yet? How did it go?

Old 04-19-2017, 06:50 AM

15 posts, read 27,856 times
Quote:
plbplb and Cee_Jay, you guys on the open competitive list right? Did you get any interviews yet? How did it go?
Hey. Yeah I'm on the open competitive list. I got 2 canvas letters for 2 different courts in the same borough. No interviews yet but *fingers crossed*.

Read your post above. I'm nervous now so thanks for that lol Just kidding. Good luck with the rest of your interviews. Hopefully one of those works out for you.

Old 04-19-2017, 06:26 PM

189 posts, read 287,648 times
Quote:
Yes I'm on the open competitive list - I got two canvass letter but haven't been called. I recently accepted a position in the court so soon I'll be in the system for entry level position so I wonder how that will change my ranking will it be moved to the promotional list??

Old 04-19-2017, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cee_Jay View Post
Hey. Yeah I'm on the open competitive list. I got 2 canvas letters for 2 different courts in the same borough. No interviews yet but *fingers crossed*.

Read your post above. I'm nervous now so thanks for that lol Just kidding. Good luck with the rest of your interviews. Hopefully one of those works out for you.
Thanks.

Old 04-19-2017, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plbplb View Post
Yes I'm on the open competitive list - I got two canvass letter but haven't been called. I recently accepted a position in the court so soon I'll be in the system for entry level position so I wonder how that will change my ranking will it be moved to the promotional list??
Congratz on the job. What title is the position you accepted?
No, your ranking will not be moved unfortunately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: