Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 03:20 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,217,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogeyDownDweller View Post
News flash: New York has a sanitation department that deals with this sort of things. I've been to mass marches like this where sanitation actually directs people to drop their signs in one place like this so it makes it easier to clean up.

Besides OP is clearly sexist and mysognyistc referring to stereotype that men somehow clean up the messes that women make, and that "real men" know how to handle situations.
Sexist, prejudicial stereotypical generalities. I believe calling an anonymous poster such things because of their opinion is hypocritical given what the march was supposed to be railing against.

I'm a female and I feel the same way about the mess in this picture.

A Pathetic display of disregard for other's male or female that have to clean up after them period.

Last edited by JanND; 01-23-2017 at 03:30 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2017, 04:02 AM

5,000 posts, read 8,216,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galbraith View Post
That's probably right but are these comparisons calculated on a like-for-like position?

For example, a predominantly woman orientated industry like cleaning (not being sexist here) compared to maybe a male dominated industry like construction which pays good?

It would be easy to reach those figures doing it that way - moreso if you add in American football players all male on millions of dollars too

There's absolutely no way that a woman would earn 80% less doing the exact same job as a male in any company or industry - that's honestly mental

Ssshhhhhhhhhh, you're going to ruin that whole delusion with facts. Keep your mouth shut and toe the line, you patriarchal, misogynistic, cis-gendered monster.

Old 01-23-2017, 05:59 AM

2,691 posts, read 4,330,685 times
Ridiculous post. The streets are filthy after every parade. Ever see the mess left after the Halloween parade or the Puerto Recan Day Parade? Times Square on NYE? It's just as bad. I work downtown and was there for that ticker tape parade for our Olympic Team and swear I was picking pieces of paper out of my hair even days later. It was a total mess! Parades, protests, anything with a mass amount of people in streets = a huge mess to clean up later.

Old 01-23-2017, 06:13 AM

4,757 posts, read 3,366,551 times
Quote:
That's not the same as advocating rape though - which was claimed

With that kind of.mentality, I can see rape being justified by such a person. If he feels okay with fondling a woman's pu**y zwithout her consent, then why not have sex with her without her consent. He has already indicated he can get away with sexual assault...why not rape itself. People like donald trump do get away with a lot because of their power and influence. How many cases have we seen on t.v. where rich white men commit how many crimes but can walk free becaude their parents are loaded? Many do have a sense of invincibility. One of the worst things I saw on t.v.
was this women who was beat to a pulp by her controlling abusive boyfriend. She died due to internal bleeding. You should have heard his rap sheet. He killed her becaude she wanted to break up with him. But like many Americans, there is that sense of this is mine and I own this, except in this case it was a human and the notion was magnified times 100. This is their mentality. It isn't somrthing to be taken lightly. Those same men will rape a woman and say that she wanted it. There are a lot of men out there like trump. They are complete narcasists.

Old 01-23-2017, 06:15 AM

14 posts, read 15,219 times
"New Yorkers" pearl clutching over litter on a sidewalk, now I've really seen everything.

Old 01-23-2017, 06:17 AM

Quote:
That's probably right but are these comparisons calculated on a like-for-like position?

For example, a predominantly woman orientated industry like cleaning (not being sexist here) compared to maybe a male dominated industry like construction which pays good?

It would be easy to reach those figures doing it that way - moreso if you add in American football players all male on millions of dollars too

There's absolutely no way that a woman would earn 80% less doing the exact same job as a male in any company or industry - that's honestly mental
Good point.., I do believe that the studies accounted for this. The reason I can believe it is because I have seen people being promoted based off their race for example. Are they the most qualified? No. But because they have white skin they were promoted. Like it or not, a lot of companies are ran like this. If thry are willing to pass over qualified workers for a job, it would follow that they would be unfair when it comes to wages.

Old 01-23-2017, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
That's just not realistic. The Country would cease to exist as we know it before that happened. It will never happen unless Sharia law was introduced into the United States and that is highly unlikely to happen. Just another sky is falling scenario put forth by progressives.

I disagree. Things tend to start small. How many times in history did we see huge change occur but little at a time? Hitler didnt come to power over night. His policies were not declared all at once. Everything was done little by little. And just to keep prospective, we may think of Saudi as prehistoric regarding women's rights but I am pretty sure countries like Denmark are shocked at how behind we are towards the progression of females in ohr society. For exampme, women in the U.S. are very much expected to take materntiy leave. It is good that such a thing exisits but hey would find it discriminatory that men in most ststes cant take paternity leave. Thy would see this as backwards becaude the burden of reaponsibility is placed on the woman. They have actually implemented equal time off for men
to be with their children should they decide to stay home with their kids.

Old 01-23-2017, 07:11 AM

3,614 posts, read 1,736,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry Lee Gather View Post
Sigh.

Largest march in history.

We can't expect it to come without a backlash from the patriarchy.

So much sigh.
Which was mostly funded by George Soros and A special interest Clinton Super pac. So much sigh indeed.

Old 01-23-2017, 07:14 AM

1,040 posts, read 1,262,911 times
Quote:
Which was mostly funded by George Soros and A special interest Clinton Super pac. So much sigh indeed.
So Soros could finance a march around the world like this instead of just wining the election genius I tell you...

Old 01-23-2017, 07:52 AM

14 posts, read 15,219 times
Quote:
Why can't supposedly super-rich Trump get people to show up to his inauguration if it's so easy to just pay people?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City