Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2017, 01:52 PM

994 posts, read 1,057,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nybklyn View Post
Don't give up until there's absolutely no chance. Just consider yourself lucky with a log number. Some people don't even get to know their log number. You still have a chance, hanging there. If not, there are other opportunities down the road.
Yeah, some people (puts hand up)

This might as well have been called "100 CB Preference Street"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2017, 01:48 PM
s19

7 posts, read 9,931 times
You guys are so kind! Ok fingers crossed. I will continuing hoping and day dreaming.

Those units on the website look so dreamy, but I wonder if affordable units aren't as luxe/spacious. I also take care of my elderly parents so I applied for the 2 bedroom since household size is 3. Hopefully still some shot as I would imagine most people who apply to these things are single or couples and also there were more 2 bedroom units (though 4 units isn't much).

If anyone hears anything for interview dates please kindly keep us all posted. When I asked them about next steps they said to expect something in mid-October so maybe people should be hearing anytime.

Alright, here is to hoping.

Old 10-06-2017, 09:32 AM

9 posts, read 16,528 times
Oh goodness, the affordable units are nothing like the website photos. They are all on a sub level of the building, like 5 feet of the apt is above ground level and the other half is below ground level (this area was flooded during Sandy). The appliances are different than those in the market rate apts. They are much simpler than the luxe ones. Almost like steerage on a cruise ship. But whoever gets them will be very close to all the amenities (which share the bottom floors). It might be an opportunity to make some extra cash by offering to give the rich resident's dogs' baths in the pet spa. They did say at an info session that the amenities would be available to all. I just hope my 2-buck chuck ages well in the marble and wood encased wine cellar/tasting room, if i get chosen.

Old 10-06-2017, 09:35 AM

3,144 posts, read 2,735,240 times
Whoever gets them will also be living in one of the best neighborhoods in the city. The winners of this lottery will be some of the luckiest *(&(&#( in the city.

Old 10-06-2017, 10:30 AM

994 posts, read 1,057,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by housingseeker View Post
Oh goodness, the affordable units are nothing like the website photos. They are all on a sub level of the building, like 5 feet of the apt is above ground level and the other half is below ground level (this area was flooded during Sandy). The appliances are different than those in the market rate apts. They are much simpler than the luxe ones. Almost like steerage on a cruise ship. But whoever gets them will be very close to all the amenities (which share the bottom floors). It might be an opportunity to make some extra cash by offering to give the rich resident's dogs' baths in the pet spa. They did say at an info session that the amenities would be available to all. I just hope my 2-buck chuck ages well in the marble and wood encased wine cellar/tasting room, if i get chosen.
Did you take pictures? Where did you get this info?

Old 10-06-2017, 11:12 AM

9 posts, read 16,528 times
I forget where it is stated but all the affordable apartments (except maybe 1 on 2nd floor) are located on the "sub-floor". I have just seen the apartments from walking by a couple times a week. They look almost finished. The floors are covered with paper right now. The appliances just look different from the model apt on the 2nd floor.

Old 10-06-2017, 06:58 PM

1,660 posts, read 1,210,599 times
that's not fair...they should put affordable units on each floor, so it's more equally spread out

Old 10-06-2017, 07:52 PM

40 posts, read 64,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jermainehor View Post
They have an internal queue based on the log and priority status.
It can go fast if they contacted you when the queue is exhausted. But if they are at the 6th file and you are the 40th on the list, you will have to a while before they get to review your docs.
When I spoke to them a couple weeks ago they said that it usually takes 50 applications for each apartment to find a qualified applicant. They sort the list by log # then by priority status and interview in sequential order until they find qualified applicants.

Old 10-06-2017, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s19 View Post
Wow, you guys have such low log numbers. I am in mid 2000s!! (CB2) Guess should give up hope. I submitted all my docs on time. I have been obsessing over this apt and all I have thought about for the past month, but looking at other people's log numbers and the number of units available wonder if i am just being naive to be so hung up on it... Ughhhhh
Just because you're in the 2000's that doesn't mean all 1999 before you have CB2 classification... they interview by classification in sequential order... I would imagine that there are quite a majority of non CB2 applicants... there's still hope for you and your patents

Old 10-06-2017, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by housingseeker View Post
100 Barrow Street is located in NYC Storm Zone 4, so not the worst... This article mentions that the affordable units are on the 1st and 2nd floors.

I have walked by it and have noticed that the kitchen appliances are basic GE and the second floor model unit has Gagenau appliances, which are some of the highest end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City