Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 10:57 AM

10 posts, read 21,498 times

Advertisements

when I originally applied for these apartments my husband and I were separated so I didn't add him to the application, now we have been back together for a few months and I have an interview may 10,2017 I spoke to someone at the management office and pretty much said don't bother going to the interview because adding a new person to the application will be starting over and waiting again and moved to the bottom of the log number. I'm soooo devastated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2017, 11:21 AM

110 posts, read 160,276 times
Listen some of the most successful people weren't always 100% honest. Go to the interview don't say your husband and you are together. Say your seperated. Get the apartment and move him in 1 month later. End of story

Old 05-08-2017, 11:35 AM

I love this response!!

Old 05-08-2017, 12:49 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,841,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFoster4789 View Post
Listen some of the most successful people weren't always 100% honest. Go to the interview don't say your husband and you are together. Say your seperated. Get the apartment and move him in 1 month later. End of story
This will get you evicted and possibly prosecuted. Maybe a year, not a month, after you move in can someone move in with you.

Old 05-08-2017, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiivile View Post
This will get you evicted and possibly prosecuted. Maybe a year, not a month, after you move in can someone move in with you.
ACTUALLY there is no time limit on moving someone in. At ALL when your dealing with management companies. They will tell you one thing but when you sign that lease you read it thru. It will let you know that you must let them know who moves in. And once you sign your lease if it's 1 year or 2 years your rent will not go up until then. This is my second affordable housing lottery. They can not control your life situations AT ALL. We still are allowed to be humans. If I get married a day after I sign my lease they can't tell me I have to wait a year to get married or even adopt a child

Old 05-08-2017, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFoster4789 View Post
ACTUALLY there is no time limit on moving someone in. At ALL when your dealing with management companies. They will tell you one thing but when you sign that lease you read it thru. It will let you know that you must let them know who moves in. And once you sign your lease if it's 1 year or 2 years your rent will not go up until then. This is my second affordable housing lottery. They can not control your life situations AT ALL. We still are allowed to be humans. If I get married a day after I sign my lease they can't tell me I have to wait a year to get married or even adopt a child

wow this actually makes a lot of sense, I think I'm just going to have to go this route because If I don't then i'll never what could had been. thank you so much for this!!

Old 05-08-2017, 02:08 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,231,641 times
I know a few buildings and many people apply single and move their man in after they are accepted. (If they apply with them then they wouldnt fit in the income brackets). I don't believe its right and I personally am morally not okay with it but to each their own.

Old 05-08-2017, 03:04 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,841,918 times
HDC Rider to Lease, in caps (the rest is not in caps):

Quote:
EXCEPT IN THE CASE OF UNANTICIPATED LIFE EVENTS, THE TAKING IN OF ADDITIONAL OCCUPANTS SHORTLY AFTER MOVE-IN WITH THE PURPOSE OF CIRCUMVENTING THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS AND COMPLIANCE PROCESS IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Old 05-08-2017, 03:31 PM

127 posts, read 216,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiivile View Post
HDC Rider to Lease, in caps (the rest is not in caps):
This may very well be true however, depending on the building, it could be easy to get away with. For instance, I am in a fairly large affordable complex in the BX and there have been several instances where I have noticed different people coming and going daily with no key fobs to get in but keys to the actual apts.

I can only assume that at least SOME of those people are not actually on the lease(thus the reason they don't have front door keys), but with the constant coming and goings of numerous residents they tend to blend in and thereby, are not questioned.

My advice to the OP would be to tread lightly and at least try your luck with the interview. Was it a legal separation? I would think the fact that you are still married (separated at the time or not) that would raise red flags? I would think they might question where your husband is and whether or not you have legal documentation to prove you are definitely separated might be required.

Old 05-08-2017, 03:50 PM

This whole chat could turn into what we believe is and isn't right. And that could go on forever because everyone has DIFFERENT MORALS. But she can easily get away with it or like some say get caught. It's up to the risk she's willing to take. But I'm sure they are not going to press charges and because HDC doesn't own the building the final decision is up to management and what they consider a LIFE EVENT. There are so many different types of Life Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City