Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2017, 09:58 PM

21 posts, read 10,613 times

Advertisements

huh idk where he asked me that but yea i can afford it i just cant afford to move out to a new place, pay deposit etc

Old 07-08-2017, 09:59 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,307,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polandspring View Post
why dont you go mind your business
Because you are posting your business here on this open forum. Sounds to me that you are simply trying to finagle your way into something that isn't yours.

Old 07-08-2017, 10:04 PM

12,788 posts, read 8,279,275 times
Quote:
huh idk where he asked me that but yea i can afford it i just cant afford to move to new place and pay deposit etc
Well be prepared to have to potentially pay a deposit should you become the de facto tenant. I've never heard of a tenant having a lease without a deposit. it's pretty standard because if you become the tenant and damage anything related to the apartment, the cost to repair those damages usually come out of the deposit. Be prepared for anything at this point. I would save as much money as possible, whether you are ordered to move or not. If it were me I would buy as much time as possible to see if I could go somewhere else.

Old 07-08-2017, 10:06 PM

ok first of all nobody is trying to ''finagle'' their way into something that isn't theirs, as a tenant and resident i also have certain rights as some people have pointed out above and am simply trying to figure out the logistics of handling this situation properly so if you don't know the law regarding housing then dont assume anything!! i didnt ask the morality police to show up here LOL youre acting as if im trying to take someone's money or something,,,, why do i have to pay for someone else's greed and vacation? if you like you can go do that on your own time

Old 07-08-2017, 10:09 PM

Quote:
ok first of all nobody is trying to ''finagle'' their way into something that isn't theirs, as a tenant and resident i also have certain rights as some people have pointed out above and am simply trying to figure out the logistics of handling this situation properly so if you don't know the law regarding housing then dont assume anything!! i didnt ask the morality police to show up here LOL youre acting as if im trying to take someone's money or something,,,, why do i have to pay for someone else's greed and vacation? if you like you can go do that on your own time
You took a risk moving into an apartment that you're not the tenant of (yes, you may have some legal rights now that you've been living there and you may be considered a tenant, but officially you weren't the original tenant since your name isn't on the actual lease), so now you have to deal with the repercussions of that. You're lashing out at the wrong people. I agree with G-Dale. Seems like you got yourself into this mess, don't have the money to move, and want to find a way to stay and get a deal. I mean seriously, if this doesn't pan out, it doesn't sound like you have a backup plan, now do you?

Old 07-08-2017, 10:27 PM

and what? what if i don't want to move? how is that your concern? then why did this person decide to do illegal sublet and now has to deal with me not wanting to move out? who knows how many other apartments he illegally sublets? maybe i will take him to court and report him to the city LOL you sound like you more invested in this than i am lol .... you've been at it since the beginning dont you have better things to do? hater

Old 07-08-2017, 10:30 PM

Quote:
and what? what if i don't want to move? how is that your concern? then why did this person decide to do illegal sublet and now has to deal with me not wanting to move out? who knows how many other apartments he illegally sublets? maybe i will take him to court and report him to the city LOL you sound like you more invested in this than i am lol .... you've been at it since the beginning dont you have better things to do? hater
Well if the judge says you have to move and you don't want to that's what a Marshall is for to take you and belongings and put them on the curb. Have fun! As someone who has their apartment *LEGALLY* am not a fan of sublets because of things like this. Personally you and the person renting the place should get the boot and let a tenant come in and rent the place *LEGALLY*, but that's for a judge to decide.

Old 07-08-2017, 10:36 PM

6,138 posts, read 4,500,962 times
polandspring - they're right that if you were to get as far as winning this you would probably have to come up with some kind of deposit. There's also a possibility that they overcharged you and owe you back rent, which could cover that, or undercharged you just to get money on an empty apartment. It's a big can of worms you're in and my best suggestion is to seriously get representation. You can request a rent history on the apartment from the DHCR. Go to amirentstabilized.com and follow the instructions. It may or may not tell you something.

Old 07-08-2017, 10:37 PM

yes maybe and maybe he won't but why are you in favor of someone getting put on the street no matter their situation? you sound like you have a big bruised ego and hate in your heart LOL i guess your mom didn't love you enough sorry about that no one else is as invested as you in this post they left their advice and hasn't replied back lol you the only one coming back loser

Old 07-08-2017, 10:42 PM

ok thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: