Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2017, 06:46 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,856,899 times

Advertisements

People singing out loud doesn't bother me as much as awful sound from peoples headphones blasted on high or people facetiming on their phones without earbuds. it's just really obnoxious and that hallow sound of other peoples personal ear buds is grating on the nerves. The worst is when it's a 30 minute subway ride and the person is listening to the same crappy song over and over and over and you can't really even tell what song it is, just the annoying sound of it. I don't care on the weekends much, but on the commute to and from work it's especially grating. I guess it's cuz I like to read during those times and if I listened to music myself those times it wouldnt annoy me, but still. people are so classless and you can tell most people who do it WANT someone to say something to them so they can escalate it into a confrontation because they have zero going on for them in their lives except ****ty music.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2017, 06:47 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,856,899 times
FYI: I am deaf in one ear btw. I can't imagine how annoying it is for people who have hearing in BOTH ears!

Old 08-09-2017, 01:42 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,361,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trickbk View Post
move to the suburbs or get over it you live in New York City.
Leaf blowers running during all daylight hours is not a great alternative. At least you can get off the train.

Old 08-09-2017, 10:33 PM

3,672 posts, read 2,752,106 times
https://youtu.be/42U5p_zfJ4s

Lol. "My Beats!"

S t f u!

Old 08-11-2017, 01:53 PM

5,251 posts, read 3,610,760 times
Often I assume they may be mentally challenged if they are loud & off key; the loud rappers just don't seem to be socialized well & many may as well be wearing a "Loser" t-shirt, I figure they aren't going to last long in this world if they can't grasp basic behavior.

Old 08-11-2017, 07:03 PM

2,163 posts, read 1,550,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hefe View Post
Often I assume they may be mentally challenged if they are loud & off key; the loud rappers just don't seem to be socialized well & many may as well be wearing a "Loser" t-shirt, I figure they aren't going to last long in this world if they can't grasp basic behavior.
I've always gotten the impression that these morons seriously think they're impressing folks around them or just want attention desperately. Just yesterday a guy--in a suit and tie, which was oddly out of place for this sort of behavior--sat down among us and began to sing AND jingle his keys for no reason. As if he wanted to make sure he was noticed.

Around the time Michael Jackson died there was a guy who dressed like MJ who'd stand on the platform at 34th St Penn Station--by the support beam-things, as if he was waiting for the train, not a street performer--and half-sing MJ songs, twirling and the whole nine, as if no one was in the station but him. He wasn't panhandling.

Some folks are just nuts like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: