Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2017, 03:12 PM

34 posts, read 30,267 times

Advertisements

I was disqualified due to a bankruptcy within the last 2 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2017, 06:19 AM

64 posts, read 146,070 times
They can't hold a debt against you unless it in collection,and if debt under $500.00 dollars they can't use it against you., also the credit score minimum is in the 515 and up range,and they can use landlord tenants issues such as if they have taken you to court for lease violations ,and none payment,yet can't hold against you for having to take the landlord to court

Old 08-22-2017, 06:25 AM

64 posts, read 146,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebirdistheword88 View Post
Has anyone been disqualified from an apartment due to credit? If so, what was the issue? I'm worried about being rejected due to my large amount of student loan debt. I'm not in default and never had a late payment but my debt is over $100k. I read that you can be disqualified if your total debt to income ratio is too high. My debt level is above that limit.
I was turned down cause of items on my credit,I explained to them home item got on credit,(illnesses and medication) which my insurance would not cover.but the good thing is by the time the butt holes at Breaking Ground let me know I was rejected,the items dropped off my credit ,so I appealed and won

Old 08-22-2017, 08:18 AM

10 posts, read 8,930 times
Does anyone know if credit checks are done before you're assigned an apartment ?

Old 08-22-2017, 08:29 AM

387 posts, read 559,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yngscene View Post
Does anyone know if credit checks are done before you're assigned an apartment ?
Some do it before, my credit was checked on the day of my interview. My first lottery was a bust and they mailed back my money order - no credit was checked.

Old 08-22-2017, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deslove View Post
Some do it before, my credit was checked on the day of my interview. My first lottery was a bust and they mailed back my money order - no credit was checked.
I was wondering because, I was assigned an apartment but I did not pay for a credit check.

Old 08-22-2017, 09:44 AM

387 posts, read 559,311 times
Oh, well IDK about that but Ive heard of peoples credit being checking before signing the lease/getting sent to HDC. ****, I wouldnt worry too much about it if you were already assigned an apt. lol

Old 08-22-2017, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deslove View Post
Oh, well IDK about that but Ive heard of peoples credit being checking before signing the lease/getting sent to HDC. ****, I wouldnt worry too much about it if you were already assigned an apt. lol
Thank you 😊 That made me feel a lot better.

Old 09-07-2017, 04:01 PM

32 posts, read 57,123 times
I have a question !! I applied for an apartment and added my boyfriend in the application and his income . If they call me can I say he lost his job and just do it with my income ? Or he has to show income since I put him in the applocation ?

Old 09-07-2017, 07:33 PM

4,776 posts, read 6,581,779 times
He would have to show proof that he is no longer at that job.

Also, he will have to hand in the same documentation as you do: six most recent pay stubs, six months of banking statements, two years of tax returns, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: