Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2017, 05:37 PM

2,678 posts, read 2,105,590 times

Advertisements

NY State doesn't have the death penalty so you can drop that argument. First the killer has to be caught.

Meanwhile, when was the last time any NYers here have been threatened with a knife? Seems strange that this guy attracts blades like a magnet. I'm not blaming him. Maybe its wrong place, wrong time. Just seems odd to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2017, 05:49 PM

31,957 posts, read 27,093,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5-all View Post
NY State doesn't have the death penalty so you can drop that argument. First the killer has to be caught.

Meanwhile, when was the last time any NYers here have been threatened with a knife? Seems strange that this guy attracts blades like a magnet. I'm not blaming him. Maybe its wrong place, wrong time. Just seems odd to me.

Does this answer your question?

Former IDF soldier stabbed to death over parking space in New York | The Times of Israel

Morgan Freeman's granddaughter stabbed to death in New York City - LA Times

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.2512163

Oh and don't forget the females:
Rowdy women stab subway rider who makes wisecrack - NY Daily News

And so it goes...

Knives are still around and used to threaten and or attack in NYC. and elsewhere for that matter.

Not everyone has the money much less the balls to carry around a gun. Knifes not only are smaller and thus easier to conceal far more groups have historically relied upon them over firearms.

Old 08-22-2017, 12:34 AM

25,556 posts, read 24,010,568 times
Quote:

Cypress Hills is one of the worst neighborhoods in the city. He was living there before he moved to Greenpoint.

Old 08-22-2017, 12:45 AM

25,556 posts, read 24,010,568 times
The wife refused to comment. We may not have had the whole story of what happened.

I find it odd that someone would kill someone just for looking at them.

Now if after the look an argument occurred that escalated, that might make more sense. Though this would still be awful.

Of course it is possible for someone to just go up to someone and randomly kill them. Perhaps when the cops catch this man they'll find out more of the story.

Old 08-22-2017, 12:49 AM

769 posts, read 1,016,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirledpeas0 View Post
Maybe I'M just crazy but I would opt for getting more information about the attacker before sentencing him to death. Perhaps he suffers from an untreated mental health issue or there are other mitigating factors which would suggest incarceration over injection.

Not crazy, but definitely mentally ill. Liberalism is a certifiable mental dysfunction.

Old 08-22-2017, 12:55 AM

769 posts, read 1,016,780 times
Quote:

Everyone I know, myself included carries a blade in NYC because the penalty for carrying a handgun is so severe, and the hoops that one has to jump through to even get a handgun permit are designed to make it impossible. This is the side effect of disarming the population, and stripping away their constitutional rights. It makes the city a much more dangerous place and it's done for a specific reason.

Old 08-22-2017, 07:14 AM

444 posts, read 388,862 times
I'm going to go and say it...maybe he is just a mean SOB and has zero mental issues. Maybe growing up in this city, in housing has done its job and created this piece of scum. The person he murdered could have been anyone of us. But by some chance it wasn't. How many times do we encounter people daily that we right off as "mental" when they are just damn evil? They don't like society, don't want to be a part of it. Not because of some mental default but because they are a evil person and take pleasure in hurting others. The article says the couple encountered a group. Only those there know what led to the chase and death.

It is disgusting and horrible. This is the reason why I walk with my pepper spray in my hand when I am walking home. Especially in front of groups. I make minimal eye contact.

Old 08-22-2017, 08:35 AM

4,200 posts, read 4,100,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
That poor victim had very bad luck. Two incidents in only one year, one which resulted in his being knifed to death. This sounds more like the NY of the '80s.
Quote:
On Jan. 4, Carroll got into an argument near his former home in Cypress Hills with Steven Lissone, 34, who pulled a box cutter and yelled, “I’ll f---ing cut you!” according to police.
The victim did not deserve to die but he comes off like a hothead (his wife said "he's a Texan" as if that justifies getting into fights over a comment). He looked short too and sometimes short guys have a complex about being tough. Anyone who starts a fistfight with a crazy street guy should think twice regardless of what was said that he thinks needed a physical response. Throw the book at the killer but I think the victim could have probably walked away.

Old 08-22-2017, 08:33 PM

2,988 posts, read 1,172,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanMan2k5 View Post
dindu nuffin
"He was trying himself together and started to go back to church"!

Old 08-22-2017, 08:39 PM

31,957 posts, read 27,093,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICANRICAN View Post
"He was trying himself together and started to go back to church"!

Stop! I can't with some of you guys!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: