Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2017, 03:22 PM

1,663 posts, read 1,055,420 times

Advertisements

A teenager who has been arrested more than a dozen times has been identified by cops as the brute who stabbed a 42-year-old man to death after a casual glance outside a Brooklyn park turned hostile, investigators said Monday.

NYPD Chief of Detectives Robert Boyce said Gary Correa, 19, was responsible for the Friday night attack outside McGolrick Park.

Cops ID suspect wanted for fatally stabbing Brooklyn man - NY Daily News

That 19 year old looks 35!

I'm glad they caught the attacker though.
He stabbed a random guy because he looked at him the wrong way apparently.

NY needs to reinstate the death penalty and get rid of these vermin!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2017, 03:29 PM

12,789 posts, read 8,295,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterful_Man View Post
A teenager who has been arrested more than a dozen times has been identified by cops as the brute who stabbed a 42-year-old man to death after a casual glance outside a Brooklyn park turned hostile, investigators said Monday.

NYPD Chief of Detectives Robert Boyce said Gary Correa, 19, was responsible for the Friday night attack outside McGolrick Park.

Cops ID suspect wanted for fatally stabbing Brooklyn man - NY Daily News

Am thinking some people are hard of reading. Attacker has *not* been caught, only identified.

Old 08-21-2017, 03:38 PM

104 posts, read 116,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterful_Man View Post

Maybe I'M just crazy but I would opt for getting more information about the attacker before sentencing him to death. Perhaps he suffers from an untreated mental health issue or there are other mitigating factors which would suggest incarceration over injection.

Old 08-21-2017, 03:58 PM

2,301 posts, read 1,886,931 times
And he will be out in 10 years to kill some more.

Old 08-21-2017, 04:52 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,135,160 times
That poor victim had very bad luck. Two incidents in only one year, one which resulted in his being knifed to death. This sounds more like the NY of the '80s.

Old 08-21-2017, 05:09 PM

31,910 posts, read 26,989,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirledpeas0 View Post
Maybe I'M just crazy but I would opt for getting more information about the attacker before sentencing him to death. Perhaps he suffers from an untreated mental health issue or there are other mitigating factors which would suggest incarceration over injection.

Ok, here we go!

Every GD time this sort of thing happens a whole orchestra and chorus starts with same old song; "we should look at if this suspect/person had this or that "issues" in his background..."

I don't give rat's behind what sort of issues a person has going on in the background of their lives; that does not give anyone the right to jack much less murder another human being over a stupid beef.

This suspect is a grown A$$ed man at nineteen years old. Certainly after his twelve previous contacts with LE and the court system he had time to get himself together. But obviously that didn't happen. Likely because of this current trend out of NYS and NYC government that somehow these thugs and hoodlums have been given a bad shake by society, and are deserving of some sort of compassion when they screw up big time.

Let's see if DA mans up and goes with charges that include second degree murder, or chickens out with some kind of low level manslaughter.

Old 08-21-2017, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayden22 View Post
And he will be out in 10 years to kill some more.

Won't even be ten; De Boob, that some kind of Public Advocate and others will push for some sort of leniency. This animal will be home before is bed gets cold.

Old 08-21-2017, 05:12 PM

1,757 posts, read 2,145,735 times
dindu nuffin

Old 08-21-2017, 05:16 PM

104 posts, read 116,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Ok, here we go!

Every GD time this sort of thing happens a whole orchestra and chorus starts with same old song; "we should look at if this suspect/person had this or that "issues" in his background..."

I don't give rat's behind what sort of issues a person has going on in the background of their lives; that does not give anyone the right to jack much less murder another human being over a stupid beef.

This suspect is a grown A$$ed man at nineteen years old. Certainly after his twelve previous contacts with LE and the court system he had time to get himself together. But obviously that didn't happen. Likely because of this current trend out of NYS and NYC government that somehow these thugs and hoodlums have been given a bad shake by society, and are deserving of some sort of compassion when they screw up big time.

Let's see if DA mans up and goes with charges that include second degree murder, or chickens out with some kind of low level manslaughter.
When it comes to the government taking another person's life, I think we should opt for a more measured approach than just automatically killing someone. I don't trust the government to always act competently, therefore, I think closer looks are essential. Taking a closer look =/= letting a guilty person walk because he was bullied as a kid. I'm not saying that this teenager should get off scott free if he has a mental health issue (I'm all for life sentences in certain circumstances) but I don't think he necessarily should be killed for it. Because I believe that if someone kills someone because they thought they were killing a demon is way different than killing someone because you're a punk who doesn't value human life. And that difference should equal different punishment.

Old 08-21-2017, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whirledpeas0 View Post
When it comes to the government taking another person's life, I think we should opt for a more measured approach than just automatically killing someone. I don't trust the government to always act competently, therefore, I think closer looks are essential. Taking a closer look =/= letting a guilty person walk because he was bullied as a kid. I'm not saying that this teenager should get off scott free if he has a mental health issue (I'm all for life sentences in certain circumstances) but I don't think he necessarily should be killed for it.

Well since NYS does not have the death penalty, I'd settle for at least 30 to life on the murder rap. Pile on assault with a deadly weapon and a few more felonies *and* make the sentences consecutive then we're getting somewhere.

The guy already lives in public housing, so we'd be trading one for the other; only his new "three hots and a cot" will keep him from harming anyone else's person or property. After twelve arrests already it is apparent the guy just cannot handle being out around decent people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: