Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2017, 03:10 PM

10,408 posts, read 2,597,382 times

Advertisements

My kids are visiting Brooklyn as part of a road trip. So they will have a car. The friend they are visiting (med student at SUNY) says there is no place safe to park. He doesn't have a car, so probably never really looked into it. Do you have any suggestions on where they can park? They will be there 2 days. Any pay lots that are safe? They don't really want the car stolen or stripped during their visit.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2017, 03:15 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,315,174 times
Its 2017. Car theft isn't as automatic as it once was.

Old 11-30-2017, 03:23 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,236,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
Its 2017. Car theft isn't as automatic as it once was.
Agreed. I can't remember the last time I heard someone say their car got stolen.

OP, it would be helpful to know what part of Brooklyn you're talking about.

Old 11-30-2017, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
Agreed. I can't remember the last time I heard someone say their car got stolen.

OP, it would be helpful to know what part of Brooklyn you're talking about.

Sorry, didn't mean to offend anyone... We are only going by what his friend said. His friend lives near SUNY 450 Clarkson in Brooklyn (he lives 5 or 6 blocks north of the school). So looking for something nearby. They can walk a little

Old 11-30-2017, 03:31 PM

14,055 posts, read 13,937,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMomma View Post
My kids are visiting Brooklyn as part of a road trip. So they will have a car. The friend they are visiting (med student at SUNY) says there is no place safe to park. He doesn't have a car, so probably never really looked into it. Do you have any suggestions on where they can park? They will be there 2 days. Any pay lots that are safe? They don't really want the car stolen or stripped during their visit.

Thanks in advance!
Look for parking garage in Downtown Brooklyn it also close to number of subway lines. Make sure your wallet is heavy parking in NYC can expensive flat rate can be $50 for entire day

Old 11-30-2017, 04:21 PM

14 posts, read 32,972 times
spothero app

Old 11-30-2017, 04:58 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,132,425 times
Quote:

Thanks in advance!
Tell the friend to see if he can get a weekly parking pass from SUNY Downstate for the parking lot. Parkside Ave. Parking

I've been over in that area during the day and street parking is really hard to find.

Edited to say I have no idea how hard it is to find a spot in the lot if you have one of those passes. I guess you could ask the parking office at SUNY. There's a phone number on the link.

Last edited by Henna; 11-30-2017 at 05:08 PM..

Old 11-30-2017, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
Tell the friend to see if he can get a weekly parking pass from SUNY Downstate for the parking lot. Parkside Ave. Parking

I've been over in that area during the day and street parking is really hard to find.

Edited to say I have no idea how hard it is to find a spot in the lot if you have one of those passes. I guess you could ask the parking office at SUNY. There's a phone number on the link.

Great idea! I am going to have him ask him to do that!!

Old 11-30-2017, 05:28 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,132,425 times
Quote:
Great idea! I am going to have him ask him to do that!!
Well, before you do that, I just realized the main SUNY lot isn't open 24 hours. So it probably won't work. But the parking office might know of some other options.

The last option on the link is Kings County Hospital parking, which is right near SUNY. The rate listed is $28 for 24 hours.

Old 11-30-2017, 05:36 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,856,184 times
What? I've had people visit and just parked there cars whereever. What exactly are they afraid of? You didn't mention the make and model of the car, perhaps you should do that. If it's some BMW or Mercedes and it sounds like it... "My kids are visiting Brooklyn as part of a road trip. So they will have a car. " ? Who visits Brooklyn on a road trip!? Sorry I get angry as posts like this. If they are old enough to drive they should do some research or just do it and not have their mom or dad go on the internet to plot out their safety. That's what has killed Brooklyn to begin with! lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City