Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2017, 06:39 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,486,304 times

Advertisements

While nobody has the legal right to assault him for being a racist ahole, he is an idiot and should have known better than to say the N word on the NYC subway.

I can legally tell a bodybuilder on steroids that I banged his mom, doesn't mean it's a good idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2017, 06:54 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
I drink on the trains sometimes and I'm not obnoxious at all
If I was NYPD, I would have gave you a summons or locked you up. You're lucky.

Quote:
While nobody has the legal right to assault him for being a racist ahole, he is an idiot and should have known better than to say the N word on the NYC subway.

I can legally tell a bodybuilder on steroids that I banged his mom, doesn't mean it's a good idea.
Lots of deranged people use the subway. This is why owning a car is best due to the fact one can avoid situations like this.

Old 10-12-2017, 07:04 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,581,733 times
Default Why take his bag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=8ee_1507616308

It looks like this one individual had too many drinks, or maybe even some blow . This guy went on a racist tirade on the L train. He kept on saying the N word and he was violent too. During his tirade, straphangers were angry and decided to kick him off the L train as it pulled into Americas coolest, most hip and vibrant neighborhood of Williamsburg's Bedford Avenue Station. The drunken racist fell to the floor, a Latina woman through soup at him, but instead it made mess all over the subway car, the black guy started kicking the drunken racist white guy, and a hippie woman threw a glass bottle full of expensive organic juice.

I have to shake my head at all of this, and now I have come to terms that we live in an age of insensitivity. One thing can trigger masses, and things can go violent due to provocation. With this video, I can guarantee this white man will probably loose his job for his lack of character and demeanor.
He's lucky he wasn't killed to be honest even though I don't support someone being beat up or murdered for name-calling. Luckily, there were as many if not more Whites on the trains than Blacks which may have embolden the drunk. I wonder why did someone take his bag, what was that suppose to accomplish? It's not like it undid what the drunk man said. If anything, it seemed like an excuse to "steal" something similar to the thieves that wait for any type of social unrest behind a BM getting killed by police, to use as an excuse to break into CVS, Walgreens, and so forth.

Old 10-12-2017, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
He's lucky he wasn't killed to be honest even though I don't support someone being beat up or murdered for name-calling. Luckily, there were as many if not more Whites on the trains than Blacks which may have embolden the drunk. I wonder why did someone take his bag, what was that suppose to accomplish? It's not like it undid what the drunk man said. If anything, it seemed like an excuse to "steal" something similar to the thieves that wait for any type of social unrest behind a BM getting killed by police, to use as an excuse to break into CVS, Walgreens, and so forth.
ONe thing is this. Don't take anything from anyone. A good example was this triggered Latina who stole some guy Make America Great Again. She stole this stupid guys hat because his hat represents white supremacy, patriarchy and genocide. Now this woman is going to jail for a felony because she stole a his hat. People these days get too triggered. People getting arrested, loosing their jobs, ruining their reputation over the stupid N word, or a stupid Maga hat. I shake my head at people these days. American's have gone nuts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4GqU6KzLm4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g86AFko9IeY&t=118s

Old 10-12-2017, 07:20 PM

3,951 posts, read 5,077,888 times
Quote:
I drink on the trains sometimes and I'm not obnoxious at all
Do you have an open container, stumble around and scream slurs at people?

I'm not saying being drunk or even concealed drinking on the train is bad. I'm saying that when it hits that level... and you almost need to have the train stopped- police should be waiting at the station.

Old 10-12-2017, 10:12 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,486,304 times
Quote:
If I was NYPD, I would have gave you a summons or locked you up. You're lucky.

Lots of deranged people use the subway. This is why owning a car is best due to the fact one can avoid situations like this.
I've been caught twice (not on the subway) and all they did was give me a $25 ticket.

Old 10-13-2017, 03:36 AM

88 posts, read 61,303 times
Quote:
ONe thing is this. Don't take anything from anyone. A good example was this triggered Latina who stole some guy Make America Great Again. She stole this stupid guys hat because his hat represents white supremacy, patriarchy and genocide. Now this woman is going to jail for a felony because she stole a his hat. People these days get too triggered. People getting arrested, loosing their jobs, ruining their reputation over the stupid N word, or a stupid Maga hat. I shake my head at people these days. American's have gone nuts.
I like you Bronxguyanese. You seem to be slightly on the left on the political spectrum in the ways you would want to see reparations paid for minorities etc. But you still have a very honest and honorable approach to things, much like many people on the right. Usually with people on the left it is always 100% their way and nothing is up for discussion. If someone from the left attacked a right winger, that would be OK simply because the right winger didn't have the "correct" political views. I wish everyone on the left (or actually, everyone regardless of political affiliations) would share your virtues when it comes to political discussion and debate.

Salute.

Old 10-13-2017, 05:23 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,980,472 times
Quote:
Right now Nywriterdude. We live in an age of sensitivity. I'm sure a few years ago, that man on the train making racial slurs would most likely be ignored by anyone. Now since Trump has been elected, sensitivity is a major issue and people become triggered. Being triggered either can cause that person on the receiving end to either become verbally abusive themselves, violently abusive, or just emotionally melt, and last which is the hardest. Just ignore. With the rise of Trump and his blow horn, people have become compelled to say whatever they want, but also black people in America have been saying xenophobic comments to immigrants as of lately. A good example is that stabbing in that Bronx school, where two black kids yelled racial, xenophobic and homophobic slurs to an Hispanic teen. Did those black kids deserve to the right to be violenatly attacked resulting in the death of a black teen? No. Even though it is protected, hate speech is a slippery slope and has terrifying consequences, from either loosing your life, to loosing your job.

As for me, I'm going to get some popcorn and a cold beer, watch people melt over N words, C words, R words, F words, political commentary, watch folks loose their jobs by SJW witch hunts, watch people get killed over hate speech or free speech. Just going to set back and relax. Taking down statues is not going to improve anything. Economic justice and inequality is what needs to be improved.
That teen likely will not get convicted as he had been bullied over a period of time in that school, which had a persistent bullying problem. You are right about hate speech having terrifying consequences from losing your life to losing your job.

Xenophobic comments are wrong no matter who makes them, white, black, or whatever.

Old 10-13-2017, 05:24 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,980,472 times
Quote:
It was her fiancée, she was also pregnant when she got fired. Employers have a public image to uphold. One person saying something, going somewhere, where they are not supposed to be, getting arrested, posting a picture can hurt business reputation or injure corporate profits. It was stupid to fire the woman, but again free speech has consequences, look at Jemele Hill of ESPN.
Yes free speech does have consequences. If you're employed by a regular employer (private sector and non union) you have to decide whether or not you want to deal with the consequences of being politically active. If you don't mind all is good.

Old 10-13-2017, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles XII View Post
I like you Bronxguyanese. You seem to be slightly on the left on the political spectrum in the ways you would want to see reparations paid for minorities etc. But you still have a very honest and honorable approach to things, much like many people on the right. Usually with people on the left it is always 100% their way and nothing is up for discussion. If someone from the left attacked a right winger, that would be OK simply because the right winger didn't have the "correct" political views. I wish everyone on the left (or actually, everyone regardless of political affiliations) would share your virtues when it comes to political discussion and debate.

Salute.
I see things from different angles and perspectives. Most people can not think like that or the way I do except for men like Ben Shapiro, and its completely understandable, its either their views of the highway. I don't like to argue with folks on the left or the right because both camps like to argue and fight you down to the T. Another reason why I think like the way I do, is that I'm a red pill person. Sadly for both the right and the left, both camps don't like to hear the truth, and both camps try hard to suppress free speech. Sadly the truth hurts!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City