Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2018, 05:24 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,856,899 times

Advertisements

that said, the insane amount of new dogs in my neighborhood (most of them are defective shelter-cases btw with ill-fit owners) really sours me on the whole dog owning thing. When my current dog passes I won't be getting another one if i'm still living in the city that's fer sure! they are so expensive and a lot of work and makes renting sooooo much harder. But I don't have any family so I do what I gotta do not to totally disappear from society and dogs help with that. And NO I would never claim my dog is my emotional support animal to be able to take it on the train and into stores and stuff. gtfoh with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2018, 06:26 PM

6,690 posts, read 6,035,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
Someone anonymously snitched on me to 311 that was my dog was barking incessantly during the day a few months ago and I got a letter from the department of health and mental hygiene. I responded to the letter and said the situation was corrected. They were doing construction in my building and my door was right outside the construction. You'd think neighbors would confront someone face to face, instead they were all snitchy and passive aggressive about it. It was probably one of the annoying parents who let their crotchfruit scream and yell right outside my apartment door to which makes it worse. Children and babies are MUCH more of a nuisance noise wise in this city.

I also hate how many dogs are on the trains now these days. the entitlement dog owners seem to have has notched up significantly in the past year or so.

Also there is NOTHING cruel about having a big dog in a small apartment. nothing. mine has a dog walker every day when I'm at work and they get 3 more long walks from me or my roommate in addition to that. Maybe focus on scrub parents who let their children become obese in tiny apartments, that's way more cruel!

Honestly, and I'm probably weird for saying so, but barking dogs do not annoy me. I can actually sleep through that noise. People noise - loud talking, arguing, and playing loud music is what gets me flying off the handle! Just read livingsinglenyc's recent post. I so sympathize with her!

//www.city-data.com/forum/new-y...togethers.html

Old 01-26-2018, 06:31 PM

1 posts, read 545 times
Default Dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayden22 View Post
My downstairs neighbor must work overnight. His huge dog barks all night long. I mean it. The dog can bark for 6 hours straight. I am praying it dies soon. Bad enough 2 people got small yuppy dogs that bark as soon as someone is on the stairs. Now, this yahoo gets a dog. I HATE DOGS SO MUCH.

I don't blame you, I would probably would hate them too, but now I love dogs and puppies!

Old 01-26-2018, 06:39 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,856,899 times
People who live with dogs get sick MUCH less often than dogless households. It's probably from the cornocopia of germs and viruses and bacteria they trot right into the household with. Also people with dogs generally don't get targeted by cockroaches (unlike cat households, ew!)

Old 01-26-2018, 06:42 PM

2,067 posts, read 1,069,846 times
As a dog owner and lover (my cute yorkie Ripley), I too do not like owners who have untrained dogs. Barking non stop and howling are the worst noises. I got my Rip at 2 months and immediately started the training. She now barks at anyone who comes to the door but not anyone who passes by. I also cant stand dog owners who do not pick up after their dog. The worst offenders are those who own the bigger breeds. The city provides poop bag stations around the neighborhood so there is no reason not to pick up after your dog. Lazy Muthas. Anyhoo, my Rip is soo well trained that the owner of my favorite watering hole allows me to bring her with me. No other dogs allowed. In fact, if I dont bring her, the clientele says "you cant come in here without Ripley." Sorry for the off topic at the end.

Old 01-26-2018, 07:46 PM

12,790 posts, read 8,295,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
Well, there's two big dogs in my apartment. It's not a small apartment though. They get fresh air and water and have tons of toys and I leave the TV on for them and the dog walker comes in the middle of the day. Sorry, but they are both happy as clams. Dogs are pack animals and used to live in tiny caves. They don't need to live in McMansions to thrive anymore than children do. Also they both go to the park every morning and spend an hour romping around and frolicking off leash. not a bad life really!
You have a walker for them. A lot of people don't, when he is the problem. They don't get out and get enough air.

Old 01-27-2018, 08:54 AM

6,191 posts, read 7,358,901 times
I love dogs but I hate half of the dogs people have in my building because they're annoying as could be. This d-bag down the hall from me and her husband have two tiny dogs that bark at EVERY little thing. And if you happen to walk by, they'll jump at you and bark and the lady just laughs like a moron.

And not all dogs want to be outside all day. I had a dog when I lived in my parents' house and that dog loved being inside, sleeping as much as he could. If you took him out for a walk, he'd be so excited to be back inside. He didn't like going in our backyard and if you let him out there, he'd often just kind of wait by the door to come back inside. He was strange. He wasn't really a barker either. Good dog though.

Old 01-27-2018, 10:44 AM

7,019 posts, read 3,751,659 times
It's been a pleasure to live in a building that doesn't allow pets the last two years

Old 01-27-2018, 10:46 AM

7,019 posts, read 3,751,659 times
I will never understand why a person would want to live in a small apartment with a huge dog

Old 01-27-2018, 11:01 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,722,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayden22 View Post
My downstairs neighbor must work overnight. His huge dog barks all night long. I mean it. The dog can bark for 6 hours straight. I am praying it dies soon. Bad enough 2 people got small yuppy dogs that bark as soon as someone is on the stairs. Now this yahoo gets a dog. I HATE DOGS SO MUCH.
Most people seem to think very differently and, as far as I'm concerned, they live in an alternate universe. Dogs are, at best, obnoxious and it goes down hill fast from there.

"Man's best friend" only to the owner....a dangerous threat to most others, as millions per year who are bitten can attest. Hundreds of thousands requiring medical attention.

There is nothing more irrational than "love" for these obnoxious animals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: