Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2018, 11:48 PM

16 posts, read 15,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Get a landlord/tenant lawyer.

Why would you ask us what to do, business owner?

You can afford to give people a place to stay but cant afford to kick them out?

That property tax killing you, huh?

Go feed that bull**** to somebody who's hungry

Keep that **** on the Long Island board, bunch of delusional bastards on there with their village tax, school districts that teach the Mongolian language, and jacked-up LIRR out of service more than the SUBWAY because of a frikkin tree branch.

Lottery MoD

you pay your $5 too

FOH

I'm not playing with you saps on here in 2018

The truth hurts.

PS: did you get your STAR?
I am new on here, but so far every post of yours that I’ve seen has me crying!!!! 😂😂😂
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2018, 08:03 AM

34,104 posts, read 47,316,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thgreatalex View Post
I have a wonderful therapist who I think you would greatly benefit from since you sound so angry. Obviously today is a weekend and I had every intention of contacting my lawyer. For the record, I don’t qualify for STAR.

Have a great night!
I dont need a therapist

I know what you do need tho

New tenants

Contact your lawyer on Monday and have them send out a Notice to Cure.

/thread

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 02-11-2018, 08:09 AM

139 posts, read 152,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC refugee View Post
You have to tell the other tenants to call 311 to log noise complaints anyone will care about. Then you should inform the noisemakers, in writing, that if it doesn't stop, meaning if you get ONE more complaint, you're going to start eviction proceedings. You have to mean it, too, since it can take many months to get a bad tenant out while you are losing others and getting a bad rep.
No...you complain to 311 to document the problem so that you can give that documentation to your landlord who is the one who is really supposed to be dealing with this problem. I don't think anyone really expects 311 to fix the problem since the cops have 8 hours to respond to the complaint.

In this situation the landlord needs to tell the problem tenants that they either need to change their behavior or get out.

Old 02-11-2018, 12:55 PM

25,373 posts, read 37,093,283 times
Ennis: "Jack, if you cannot fix it, you gotta STAND it."

Are these "noisy" tenants perchance rent stabilized?

Old 02-11-2018, 01:31 PM

108 posts, read 81,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thgreatalex View Post
Long story short, I have a group of young tenants living in an apartment with a backyard. I have literally been receiving complaints all week regarding their parties. Other tenants are saying that the guests are ringing incorrect doorbells at 4am and that the music level is making the walls shake.

Ah the classic **** courtesy and neighbors lets ring their bell, I once saw this girl ring a neighbors bell because she forgot something where she was partying.
The neighbor refused to open the door for the stranger but she kept on ringing until she got so frustrated she started cursing at their windows and yelling that one day you're going to need help and you're not going to get it.
It was quite comical seeing a spoiled brat throwing a tantrum at someone who had 0 obligation to become the door person for the people who kept on throwing the parties.

If you want to be like these crooked landlords who like the money then go ahead and pretend that nothing is happening, that is until there's a fire at your property and the FDNY would like to know why.

Old 02-11-2018, 03:52 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,684,170 times
Hey, landlord, I'll give you a hint: When you have a problem with a tenant, don't expect to solve it with a single e-mail. You need to write a formal letter, preferably on business stationery.

It's lazy of you that you didn't make more of an effort, and even worse that you told your other tenants to call the cops.

Can't help wondering how well you vetted this "group."

Old 02-24-2018, 06:39 AM

25,373 posts, read 37,093,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyPenguin View Post
Ah the classic **** courtesy and neighbors lets ring their bell, I once saw this girl ring a neighbors bell because she forgot something where she was partying.
The neighbor refused to open the door for the stranger but she kept on ringing until she got so frustrated she started cursing at their windows and yelling that one day you're going to need help and you're not going to get it.
It was quite comical seeing a spoiled brat throwing a tantrum at someone who had 0 obligation to become the door person for the people who kept on throwing the parties.

If you want to be like these crooked landlords who like the money then go ahead and pretend that nothing is happening, that is until there's a fire at your property and the FDNY would like to know why.

Reminds me of Kitty Genovese.

Old 02-24-2018, 05:50 PM

1,927 posts, read 1,902,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
Its time for landlords to start acting like landlords and kicking the bad tenants put.
It's very hard for landlords to "act like landlords" because tenants (including "bad" tenants) have all the rights stacked in their favor. Very hard to evict any tenant, good or bad.

My late father was a NYC landlord. I'm glad I'm not.

Old 02-24-2018, 08:56 PM

8,936 posts, read 4,772,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema Cat View Post
It's very hard for landlords to "act like landlords" because tenants (including "bad" tenants) have all the rights stacked in their favor. Very hard to evict any tenant, good or bad.

My late father was a NYC landlord. I'm glad I'm not.
Yep. Truth. My mom's experience as a bldg owner. So hard to evict bad tenants. The laws favor them.

Old 02-25-2018, 06:00 AM

5,831 posts, read 2,953,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Get a landlord/tenant lawyer.

Why would you ask us what to do, business owner?

You can afford to give people a place to stay but cant afford to kick them out?

That property tax killing you, huh?

Go feed that bull**** to somebody who's hungry

Keep that **** on the Long Island board, bunch of delusional bastards on there with their village tax, school districts that teach the Mongolian language, and jacked-up LIRR out of service more than the SUBWAY because of a frikkin tree branch.

Lottery MoD

you pay your $5 too

FOH

I'm not playing with you saps on here in 2018

The truth hurts.

PS: did you get your STAR?
Easy there fakface. LIIR is a limousine ride compared to your Sudan express E train. And guess what we get when there is a suicide once a month. A DAY OFF WORK. While you ride in a **** stained homeless shelter 4 train up and down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City