Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2018, 10:53 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,227,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseba View Post
Sorry. A rose by another name is still a rose. The history in the making, that created these terrorists were created LONG before Trump, Obama, Bush, Clinton, and Bush. Try again.
LOL. So now you Leftist blame history because your beloved Obama made terrible blunders.

Can we use the same excuse should Trump ever make mistakes too? Somehow I doubt you Leftists will be so fair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2018, 10:59 AM

3,570 posts, read 3,759,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
LOL. So now you Leftist blame history because your beloved Obama made terrible blunders.

Can we use the same excuse should Trump ever make mistakes too? Somehow I doubt you Leftists will be so fair.
This has nothing to do with OBAMA or any President in recent history. It has a lot to do with our behaviors in the 1950's and onward. American's have short memories, but those in the middle east, do not.

Old 02-17-2018, 11:08 AM

Quote:
This has nothing to do with OBAMA or any President in recent history. It has a lot to do with our behaviors in the 1950's and onward. American's have short memories, but those in the middle east, do not.
So if history forever dictates what happens in the future, then are you saying all of Obama’s (and Hillary’s) decisions were pretty null? In other words, he spent eight years in office for nothing? We could’ve elected a monkey and gotten the same results?

Old 02-17-2018, 11:09 AM

My grocery list this week has been:

- Sweet potato
- Butternut squash
- Tomato
- Avocados
- Kale
- Shallots
- Onion
- Scallions
- Cremini mushrooms
- Sausages
- Beef
- Chicken
- Green Peppers
- Coconut Flour
- Almond Flower
- Zucchini
- Brown Sugar
- Molasses
- Hazelnut milk
- Almond Milk
- Coconut Milk
- Coffee
- Fresh Cilantro, Basil, Mint
- Garlic
- Eggs
- Cauliflower
- Spinach
- Chicken stock
- Thai Sauce
- Fish Sauce
- Sea Salt
- Pepper
- Lemon
- Tomato paste

If any one wants to tell me that BOX FOOD is healthy, then I'm going to just laugh at their sheer ignorance. (Most people don't cook and almost never from scratch so they are absolutely clueless to what healthy means.)

Old 02-17-2018, 11:10 AM

Quote:
So if history forever dictates what happens in the future, then are you saying all of Obama’s (and Hillary’s) decisions were pretty null?
You're barking up the wrong tree. I'm not a fan of either Hillary or Obama. Unlike you, I'm not a partisan. And don't claim otherwise. "leftist" in your vocabulary indicates it.

Quote:
In other words, he spent eight years in office for nothing?
How reductive of you.

Old 02-17-2018, 11:31 AM

954 posts, read 939,748 times
Quote:
You're barking up the wrong tree. I'm not a fan of either Hillary or Obama. Unlike you, I'm not a partisan. And don't claim otherwise. "leftist" in your vocabulary indicates it.

How reductive of you.
Talking with someone like ant is a waste of time. Just another wannabe bleibart troll.

Old 02-17-2018, 02:15 PM

Quote:

- Sweet potato
- Butternut squash
- Tomato
- Avocados
- Kale
- Shallots
- Onion
- Scallions
- Cremini mushrooms
- Sausages
- Beef
- Chicken
- Green Peppers
- Coconut Flour
- Almond Flower
- Zucchini
- Brown Sugar
- Molasses
- Hazelnut milk
- Almond Milk
- Coconut Milk
- Coffee
- Garlic
- Eggs
- Cauliflower
- Spinach
- Chicken stock
- Thai Sauce
- Fish Sauce
- Sea Salt
- Pepper
- Lemon
- Tomato paste

If any one wants to tell me that BOX FOOD is healthy, then I'm going to just laugh at their sheer ignorance. (Most people don't cook and almost never from scratch so they are absolutely clueless to what healthy means.)
You are either incredibly naive or purposely playing ignorant if you think most foodstamp recipients are buying these things. They are more likely to go for the candies, chips, soda and energy drinks. Look at the obesity rates in many of the poorest communities. They didn’t get that way eating mushrooms, spinach and tomato paste.

Old 02-17-2018, 02:18 PM

Quote:
How reductive of you.
This from someone who already assumes that Trump’s proposal will be unhealthy without knowing a single detail yet.

Old 02-17-2018, 03:15 PM

12,789 posts, read 8,295,950 times
Quote:

- Sweet potato
- Butternut squash
- Tomato
- Avocados
- Kale
- Shallots
- Onion
- Scallions
- Cremini mushrooms
- Sausages
- Beef
- Chicken
- Green Peppers
- Coconut Flour
- Almond Flower
- Zucchini
- Brown Sugar
- Molasses
- Hazelnut milk
- Almond Milk
- Coconut Milk
- Coffee
- Garlic
- Eggs
- Cauliflower
- Spinach
- Chicken stock
- Thai Sauce
- Fish Sauce
- Sea Salt
- Pepper
- Lemon
- Tomato paste

All of that could be put in a box. I know of couples that get meals sent to them in a box from those fancy places like Blue Apron. The box is packed perfectly with frozen foods and the like.

Old 02-17-2018, 04:15 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,890,990 times
Quote:
You are either incredibly naive or purposely playing ignorant if you think most foodstamp recipients are buying these things. They are more likely to go for the candies, chips, soda and energy drinks. Look at the obesity rates in many of the poorest communities. They didn’t get that way eating mushrooms, spinach and tomato paste.
Why so anti junk food? As long as theyre not buying drugs, cigarettes or alcohol, selling their stamps for cash, it’s all good. Why does it matter? Where was your outrage when the major banks got corporate welfare?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City