Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2018, 09:38 AM

34,169 posts, read 47,653,105 times

Advertisements

Man you guys dont even really analyze the property before you comment.

Did anybody happen to look at the place on Street Views? The high price tag is due to the necessity of exterior maintenance.

This can be a absolutely ridiculous Manhattan property with the right reno

Not to mention you'll always get a seat on the A train if you need to take it downtown

What are the views like? And where do I park?

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2018, 09:41 AM

3,357 posts, read 4,655,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
It isn't the price that's unusually high. I just think for that price point, there should be no updating necessary and that kitchen is not worthy of $2.25 million. It's dated by 2018 standards at that price point. Hell even my kitchen has an large island and it's a studio. That place barely has any counter top space and the space that exists looks tacky. Hardly any cabinets too. Wouldn't you expect some high-end counters for $2.25 million? I mean really...
One would hope, but it's not just the Bronx real estate market that doesn't make sense to me.

Old 05-08-2018, 09:42 AM

12,797 posts, read 8,414,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post

Did anybody happen to look at the place on Street Views? The high price tag is due to the necessity of exterior maintenance.

Not to mention you'll always get a seat on the A train if you need to take it downtown

Who cares about the A train? Years ago I considered Inwood, but the poor transportation made it a NO on my list. There's that BxM1 bus to the East Side, but it doesn't run all that frequently in Inwood. If the A goes out forget it. You're dealing the 1 train local and a nice long walk. Those hills are a pain in Inwood.

Quote:

I just saw the outside now. Even more of a reason that it should be lower. Just across the street there's this seedy looking apartment building. Probably ghetto and loud as hell with loud music at all hours. It's on a hill too. No thanks. There are much nicer blocks in Inwood that are also west of Broadway at that price away from any riff-raff.

Old 05-08-2018, 09:46 AM

Quote:

Why would exterior maintenance = higher purchase price? The price should be lower if more maintenance is required. The views must be great. Parking sucks.

Old 05-08-2018, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Who cares about the A train? Years ago I considered Inwood, but the poor transportation made it a NO on my list. There's that BxM1 bus to the East Side, but it doesn't run all that frequently in Inwood. If the A goes out forget it. You're dealing the 1 train local and a nice long walk. Those hills are a pain in Inwood.

I just saw the outside now. Even more of a reason that it should be lower. Just across the street there's this seedy looking apartment building. Probably ghetto and loud as hell with loud music at all hours. It's on a hill too. No thanks. There are much nicer blocks in Inwood that are also west of Broadway at that price away from any riff-raff.
It's not seedy, it's a great area. I love the hills of Inwood. It's one of my favorite neighborhoods in the whole city.

But the stairs up to the building would suck. Imagine if you broke your leg or something. Any problems with those retaining walls would be a nightmare.

Old 05-08-2018, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodel View Post
Why would exterior maintenance = higher purchase price? The price should be lower if more maintenance is required. The views must be great. Parking sucks.
And with the City narrowing some streets with bike lanes parking will only be worse up there. The only plus is that it's near the park, but I've seen much nicer streets further up in Inwood. The blocks by Inwood Park further north are much nicer.

Old 05-08-2018, 09:51 AM

Quote:
And with the City narrowing some streets with bike lanes parking will only be worse up there. The only plus is that it's near the park, but I've seen much nicer streets further up in Inwood. The blocks by Inwood Park further north are much nicer.
Well, I didn't say that it was on my favorite street in Inwood. I'd prefer around Park Terrace East.

Old 05-08-2018, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Who cares about the A train?
People who live in Inwood do, duhh

Quote:
Where's the riff-raff force field at? Let me know FaM

I'd say that this property actually has one! Who's breaking into that type of house?

Old 05-08-2018, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodel View Post
The price should be lower if more maintenance is required. The views must be great. Parking sucks.
Umm yeah, whoever is buying this property needs to have a structural engineer in their back pocket for as long as they live in the property, and that costs money. Need to be able to afford to have a yearly inspection on the property due to its high-situated perch.

I think a lot of the properties in the Bronx that sit on outcroppings will be priced for dirt cheap soon. But not this Inwood one.

Old 05-08-2018, 09:55 AM

Quote:
People who live in Inwood do, duhh

Where's the riff-raff force field at? Let me know FaM

I'd say that this property actually has one! Who's breaking into that type of house?
I know. My point is it's the A or nothing up there. Very limited transportation at that price point and the parking SUCKS.

If it had its own parking space it would be more worth it.

What does the property have?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City